[WIP] F1RFT 2013 by F1RFT Professional Modding Group

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by GTClub_wajdi, Mar 5, 2013.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Too bad the cockpits are low res though, maybe he can fix that still. I can already see the carbon, in comparison with the demo, which was quite blurry, has been improved :)
    [​IMG]

I'm also very curious if they worked out the kinks of the demo and brought the physics more towards the Marussia, should be awesome when they have the complete field :D

Wondering when we do have the full calender to drive on with proper tracks though... I'm still having a blast with RFT2012 on rF1, but everytime I go back and forth it becomes clear how far rF2 is ahead, and only extending it's lead, so to speak :)

edit:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
  2. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Now that looks much better from the last version I saw.

1.Stepped nose removed - Done
    2. Engine cover modified - Done
    3. Rear wind end plate gills - Done, although this is the Melbourne spec end plate & since you dropped the stepped nose maybe a little up date on the top of the end plate could be done (see below) but I am being super picky.
    4. IMHO the sidepods still need some work as they still don't fold in under enough (see below)
    5. IMHO the Pirelli logos are to vivid & fluorescent.

Cockpit looks great, I love how the headrest support & monocoque wraps around the drivers hands, arms & shoulders. This is what I meant in an earlier post regarding the Lotus demo. Hopefully it made its way on to the Lotus as well ;)

Nice work!

[​IMG]

3. johnconner

johnconner Registered

4. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

5. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Thank you , this is very nice indeed :D one thing I noticed is when I exceleate out of a corner the power takes a little to long , I would have though it should be more responsive .

I do like the the Caterham , so far I think this is the best mod for F1 cars we have ,the marker has being set , and this should only get better .

6. Narrowbackwing

Is there a problem with this mod that there is a delaid reaction when exccelarating out of a corner ,all assist off ?
    I have notice this with a slimilar F1 mod .

7. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Cars look great, the best of F1 mod (IMO) physics are good but I have the B218-B228 sound issue : I can hear all cars as they were next to me on track and in garages and I can hear too loud ambiance sound...
    This is strange because I've just made a fresh new install because of this issue (among others...) and that does not work for me. Too bad.

8. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Yes, I was about to say that and I can confirm it. Sound problem sadly. (nothing that can´t be fixed with an update)

9. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

10. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I still find it baffling after all this time they can't get the camera on eye-level in the cockpit.. the standard view feels like this sadly, and the lowest seat setting doesn't even cut it.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, the delay in power is strange indeed, they will probably fix it.

All in all, can't wait for a more final version, this is a very early one after all and untill then, RFT2012 drives better :)

11. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

But man, you can map some keys for rise the seat cameras and move forward and backwards as well. Then you can map 2 more keys to change the FOV whenever you want.

I use "W" and "S" (seat up and down), "A" and "D" (back and forward) and ">" "Z" (To change FOV when I am in the car). That helps to adjust quite nicely the view of course in whatever mod/car you want.

It is really easy actually. I can´t get why people complain about that when you can actually change it to your personal preference.

12. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

The lowest setting isnt good enough. The seating position should be good right out of the box, how hard is that to get right... In every F1RFT mod I had to manually adjust this, but now, there isn't enough range to get the position right. It will only take them less than 5 minutes to correct so I don't get why they don't correct it.

And no, out of the box it should be correct and realistic. If people prefer giraffe drivers they can adjust it, but needing to adjust to get a realistic view is the wrong way around.. Nothing to do with preference, the driver is in a fixed position with eye level roughly alligned with the mirrors.*

Now I'm wondering, will all other cars have an awkward seating position now? I remember last time around everything was screwed up after changing the seating position for the demo... We could really use a per car offset in case some mods need correcting while others are great as they are :)

In the end of the day, how it drives is most important I guess since we can't alter that. In that regard, I sincerely hope they do use the Marussia and FISI as reference.. If they think they can do better with made up data when there is two mods already which use real world data, I think they are very much mistaken.

[​IMG]

This shouldn't have anything to do with preference, just fact :)

Just saying, just because someone does something in his spare time doesn't mean everything they touch turns to gold, and it certainly doesn't mean you can't disagree with some of the choices they make..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
  13. pas74

pas74 Registered

I totally agree with you man..if we have to sim let's do it 100%!!

and we have the best hardcore simulator ever to do it..

i really hate people who use the giraffe cockpit :)D) or worse the nose view!!

ISI (please) should implement an option in multiplayer session, where you can force the same view for all challengers.

14. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Yep! It sometimes annoys me a bit when I see people defending rF(2) being a hardcore simulator (which it is in my opinion) but when it gets too realistic they change stuff to make it easier and it suddenly becomes 'just a game' :p

ISI already took care of that a long time ago, you can force a specific view :)

This being such an early version though, I'm sure it will be even more awesome than the previous RFT mods, even although some think of them as simcade, I really like how they drove, it can only get better :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
  15. tjc

tjc Registered

This is sooo true...

I confess, in the past I think my driving/seat position was a little too high but not any more... I try to get it as realsitic as possible.

Personally I think a proper simulation of racing shouldn`t allow such views as "giraffe" or nose/bonnet but I reckon that`ll never happen...

16. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

It could be enforced quite easily, but that is also probably something which goes against the incredible level of control we have with this product in almost every area, so indeed, it probably will not happen.

17. Narrowbackwing

This feels very good on Silverstone

18. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Cars drive Ok to me and the modeling is tops, however the audio issue makes it impossible for me to do anything more than a few laps by myself. Cant even enjoy the replay because of the sound. Hope this gets fixed soon as this could be a really good mod

19. Navigator

Navigator Registered

V1.1 here, but still having the bumps in the wheel. This really takes the fun out big time.
    First fast right hander at Silverstone; every time I get a kick in the wheel and the car jumps out a few meters, sending me out of the track.
    As I can't set even ONE fast lap......well, automatically; you don't play this anymore which is a shame because the mod is very nice.

Also; I thought the V1.1 were about 3 cars? I only got the Lotus still; is that right or am I missing something?

Other than that; very nice job and I hope that the bumps get out of it, so it becomes playable.

20. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Current V2.0 Navigator

Link is above, post 103