[WIP] F1RFT 2013 by F1RFT Professional Modding Group

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by GTClub_wajdi, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Instead of saying it's junk, it's no good, it's garbage etc- we don't you all behave like adults and pretend you are criticizing the work of hundreds of hours of labor? Because that's just what you are doing.

Constructive criticism improves mods. What I read here only discourages modders and limits the future content we will all get to enjoy.

Note the problem. Discuss what can be done to make it better. If you have concrete examples and can prove that your point is valid, your argument will be taken more seriously than someone saying it appears wrong, it feels wrong.

#1: Being rude won't do any good to anyone. You are talking to the modders directly. 100's of hours of work went into these mods.

2. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

looks great, but it destroys my pc. Will try it on lower graphics settings...

3. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

given the current 'pay drivers' in F1 at the moment, it would appear to me that this is exactly whats happening!

my main gripe is with the use of 'unrealistic' as criticism and it isnt confined to this mod and and comments in this one thread.

we are also unaware of the modders real intention with his cars here. perhaps he is aiming at a mod that will be used more for league racing and for close battles. twitchy, jumpy cars with little brakes and cold tyres doesnt make for great league racing.

if they are trying for 100% 'real' on this mod then perhaps they are not hitting it right at the moment. but a) no one here has driven any F1 car currently running so who knows whats 'realistic' and b) they may not actually be intending to make a 'realistic' mod.

good idea to see if we can get the modders in the thread, maybe this will shed a lot light on the project and we can all judge if its something we want to follow, or to leave to others if its not our thing.

4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Fully agree, but a little nuance goes both ways, when you are reading feedback as a modder you should also treat it as such, not as personal attacks :) (even though
    I'm usually quite direct, character thing I suppose)
    As I have said before, I'm all for an organized way of starting the dialog with Sompir, the more informative and proper feedback is presented the bigger
    the chance he will take it at all seriously.

But we have a benchmark, one that is created with data from an F1 team under license. How is that not the thing you should aim for, why can't people
    simply accept that as the best recreation of an F1 car in rF2 at this time? If it's made with real data by professionals, is it still a matter of opinion? If you can't consider this
    as realistic if you want to put a stamp on it, what will it be? Will those people make the same claims when they get a drive in the Red Bull or Ferrari simulator just because they feel
    it should be different? Have some trust in the ability of ISI! What would people need to accept this? A car developed by Ferrari specifically for rF2?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, they HAD it closer to ISI's cars, but they changed it. So; they want it like this.
    They didn't post it here (now I can see why) and so it looks to me, they want to use it for their own league(?).

Now we al go and dl it from their site and start talking about "how we want it changed" and "who's going to tell them how they MUST change it".

Well....aren't we just grateful!??
    This is exactly why people don't share that much anymore.
    And people say I'm whining all the time, pff! If the mod is not for me, it's not for me and I leave it alone! (well, that's a nice thought, isn't it??!!)

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Maybe because they WANT it like this?
    Did someone ask you to download it from their site??
    Who are you to tell them how they should like their own mod???

7. ika

ika Registered

dude its is free go on websait and download if you want it http://rfactor2.hu/news.php atm they are best modersin the future don't know what I see all moders are sleep only rft working hard

8. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

No doubt.

And no offense to ISI but Im sure having data from an F1 team and translating it to a simulation on a pc is not an art perfected.

Kunos had F1 Ferrari data and tire data from Pirelli for two F1 cars on Ferrari Virtual Academy. Do those F1 cars have no traction? Sorry but go drive FVA and tell me that's not how an F1 car drives.

9. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

thats my point, perhaps ISI doesnt represent the mod they want to build, so they went a different way?

10. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Nice attitude there :)

Maybe that question was written too much in my own way of thinking, reading back
    and seeing your response to it, afraid that was a bit an unlucky choice of words (story of my life).

If they want it like this, fair enough, I just can't see why someone would want that. Indeed, I am
    not telling them how to like their mod, that was worded quite wrong or too easily misread. Better phrased it would be:
    "I simply don't understand, why would you not aim for that?"

Hope that makes my post more clear and also lightens up that anger a bit ;)

Yes sir that is a solid reason, including your league reference earlier on.

I guess some nerves were hit here huh?

I'm really starting to think the league thing might be something here..
    What I think is a bit overkill is apparently everybody is suddenly whining? Can't one give an opinion
    on something they waited a long time for having a pretty cool demo half a year ago and now having
    something which to some feels less convincing? If nobody speaks up, how can they know some things can
    be improved by even some simple fixes like the mirrors for example?
    Nobody ever said they MUST change stuff, now you're just reading what you want to read. But surely
    if stuff can be improved and the RFT guys agree, what is the problem?

I actually want to like it, driven the previous ones like a mad man...

I know sadly... Just crunching some numbers in does not necessarily mean a 100% authentic sim will can come out of it straight away. However, where
    is the trust in the guys which gave you rF1 and now rF2 who are professionals working with F1 teams, they surely know what they are doing?

11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@wgeuze,

No nerves hit, no anger and no attitude (that last part; that's how I write, story of MY life ;) )
    And by coincidence I quoted you, but it's to all who went "crying" about how bad it is and wanting them to adjust it.
    Because......to me it's pretty clear! >> They made a mod for their own league and we are just happy they didn't put a lock on it. Now we dl it and and start telling them how they should do it......how to make it in OUR taste........don't you think that's a bit arrogant?

If I steel your car and call you up to swear at you because the car is yellow and I wanted it red........same thing ;)

And again; I'm not angry (stop putting me away as someone that's angry or having nerves hit, 3 times in one post, come on) and it was not just at you, there were more.

12. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Not saying I don't trust them. Not what was meant at all.

Im sure even the ISI employees who did the work on the Marussia would echo my sentiment.

Simply difficult to translate.

Nothing to do with trust. Don't put words on my keyboard. :p

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

And I give you an example:
    And gkz: "This is just a joke the grip level and physics feels like f1 2013 and is a waste of the rfactor 2 engine."

......And so on.......

Think it's rude, just taking it away and start off with "ISSUES:..........." or calling it garbage.

14. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Cool :) (story of your life thing, can relate..)
    Words and tone are easily confused I'm afraid... plus I can't keep myself from nagging sometimes..

Anyway.

Well I wouldn't want to call it crying too quickly, just as I won't call you angry anymore. I get the point you are making, but
    I personally wanted this to be awesome so bad :p

Turning it around, if I build a track and hear 50 times, "awesome, best ever, kthxbye", or a "hmm, turn 4 is a bit low res" or a
    "my god dude you forgot an entire chicane", the latter two will peak my interest for sure :) Now this being a bit of a silly (real life,
    think the guy still has no idea he was looking at the wrong track :D) example, what I mean with it is that feedback isn't meant to be bad, as long as it is constructive. I admit sometimes
    when you are dissappointed, because something isn't exactly what you have had hoped for or you maybe had the wrong
    expectations to begin with :)

Agreed that is the case, but then again also something you can expect when modding. That has been the case
    and I don't see it changing anytime soon to be honest.. It does however take away from the 'credibility' and willingness
    to take further feedback seriously. That is why I proposed a proper feedback file/document/list to be handed to RFT. If
    they don't do anything with that, that is another story but at least it shows them their mod is taken seriously and people
    want to enjoy it :)

I get what you mean, and concur, as stated above.
    For me it's a trust thing then, I think high of them in terms of car physics and
    lately the graphics department is up there as well :)

15. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Let me ask you this: did they offer it to us? ....think about it....

16. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

And does that mean you should like it no matter what? Or can't say that you don't? :)

17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

You don't have to like it and you can say you don't. In that case; leave it alone.
    Starting off making lists what they should do BETTER and looking for a translator......... (and in this case "better" means, how someone else likes it, subjective)
    Well, that's a whole other thing, right?

But now you're starting all over again, I said what I thought about it, making them do their work "for you" that is, now you start with you don't like it.....that's not what this was about. Changing the story and when I respond, I "must have had a nerve hit".
    So forget it, have fun or don't.

18. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I get the part about the list, as it might come across as arrogant as you put it before. It's with the best intentions
    however that I made that suggestion, I genuinely think that's a good idea.. I'm not changing anything really, just clarifying
    my sometimes awkwardly written opinions, they didn't change either :)

The premiss 'making them do work for us' just sounds negative already but surely that is not the point of providing constructive
    feedback even though it might come across that way.

Indeed it's all about the fun in the end (which I might end up not having with this one indeed)! I did have a bit of fun online a couple of laps though, but not for too long. Hell, if you're up
    for it and run some laps :)

19. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Let's make all happy; I too think it's crap! For the money I payed for it, they should make it like I want it to or they shouldn't have advertised here to buy it!

Bye.

20. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Please do a quick comparison with this mod and formula ISI

All car settings are identical. May not translate in the physics dept as I think the ISI cars are better overall, but I am sure they tried to get them as close as they could. FYI