Why rFactor 2 Multiplayer quick races are dead?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B1K3R, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I would gladly throw up 2 or 3 servers with content and format chosen by the community with liveracers support.

If you will race on them, I will make them.

Suggestions for combos welcome if people want that.

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I was about to say the same thing Emey. I fairly certain that RaceFactor makes use up GetMod. Unfortunately so many admins refuse to GetMod enable their content to the point where end users just assume it is totally broken and don't even bother clicking the button.

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Of course I am downloading them :) I don't have much time available to play due to other commitments, so by the time they are downloaded it will be too late. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to use them if I find people on their servers :) or maybe tomorrow, I'll need to download some more mods again lol

Anyway, dudes, I LOVE rF2 and I'd LOVE to see all servers full!!! I'm just trying to make a point here! Currently there are a million empty or old version or god knows what mod servers, but we need some servers, stable with known content, servers that people know (like official) with known formats etc etc, where people can just jump on them.

Like they say, better a little but good then many but useless. I dont know, I'm trying to raise an issue here which is frustrating me, maybe someone can come up with some good ideas.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
  4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I just joined the IsR 1992 server and so for it's downloading missing content fine. I have zero content installed on this installation of 880. So this is a good test.

Still trucking right along:
    GRAB_000.JPG

All done:
    GRAB_001.JPG

5. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

It's a bit strange to complain about having to download tracks.

I suppose the Assetto Corsa ones got on your hard drive with fairy dust and magic pixies?

6. Emery

Emery Registered

It's also silly to blame ISI for the choices that SERVER ADMINS make.

I'd suggest looking into the All Tracks Bit Torrent Sync.

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

So you didn't have 3mins to download the missing content? That is how long it just took for me to download every single component on that IsR server.

8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

You're right. I'm actually not complaining about downloading at all. That is really not an issue for me. And I am not blaming anyone either.

The issue here is that in general, one only finds very few servers where you can join and do a quick race...now the reason why, I'm not sure yet.

Maybe not enough people racing on rF2?

9. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

As an admin myself I do find it tough to put up a random combo for people to use for pickup racing. Nobody seems to do it on rfactor2.

I maintain 2 league servers (never passworded), one experimental server for testing possible future leagues and then one server for random "fun" combos.

The fun server is currently set to sao Paolo with the marussia F1 car and 2013 skin pack. All downloadable from the server.

Its hard to pick a combo out of thin air and have it popular throughout the community.

10. Emery

Emery Registered

+1. Server Admins have a habit of obfuscating the allowed cars and a sortable/searchable method would be preferred. If you sort the free text field, it ain't useful.

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

This is fun. I never mess with pickups but it's interesting to see that many admins are using GetMod finally. I just connected to the other server B1K3R pointed out. It took 1mins to join this one... Only two components.

12. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Your tool is a godsend mate, honestly.

13. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Awesome. I don't know if others agree but Valter's Nords server with all the ISI cars has been very popular. Myabe same format would be popular with other tracks? Who knows? For me personally, Valter's server got be back into rF2 online. My personal vote for tracks would be the new ones Interlagos and various Tiger Moth layouts and Zandvoort is hugely popular also and if you want another ISI track then Loch Drummond. Anyway who knows but I bet a survey (not technically a survey thread but just a question to the community) thread about this might make sense. Regardless, thanks for your generosity :)

14. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Well maybe your on fiber mate :) I have slow dsl here! But I do agree that get mod is awesome. It took me over 30 mins to download all isr content

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

15. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I did exactly what valter did but on GSC months a go. Needless to say, if you want dead online, go take a look at GSC. I'm glad valter did it as it's great fun!!

I may put up a couple of poll threads asking for fave isi content and create a couple of servers from the results.

16. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Agree with this, I still say if a server admin is not prepared to take 5 minutes and set up Get missing components, then at least just run a 1 track vmod and name your server accordingly so its obvious to the person wanting to race, what content (cars) you are running. The system ISI have created is actually pretty damned awesome if server admins used it the way it is meant to be.
    I wanted to run in a Indy car league and signed up etc only to find the whole league vMod was required, nothing set up for getting the require tracks on the lobby end and then I found I needed such out of date tracks that have been updated etc. Messaged the league admin, nothing was done, but what they don't realise is some tracks cause havoc in mod manager if you have other versions installed, totally messed up. So I said my good byes and didn't enter, then they wonder why they can't make double figures.
    There are really well set up servers right there in the lobby, F3 fanatics/rookies. Richard Goodwins Pitlanes, all the ISR stuff, F1simracer, SRT to name a few, sorry forgot the Nords days server too. Its not that difficult to go on and pick up a race.... Sometimes :)

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

What I also see is that the servers with the most people are GetMod enabled, the ones that are empty aren't.

But I also just realized my GetMod Manager has a bug in it where it looks like it isn't including the username in the GetMod URL... opps. Need to fix that. Hahaha.

18. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

You have a few servers, are empty now....I just jumped on one of them...let's see hows it's gonna turn up :p

19. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I would do anything so they were not empty.

I think admins collaborating would be a good thing, also.

Instead of six eGT leagues, run three and throw each other our respective memberships so as to fill them up.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No aussies whinging like little babys ........................good to see.

Tossers.