Why can't I get into Nords?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Ok, how about 'The Mother' then :)
    Green Hell is just a nick , was it Jackie Stewart whom gave the track this nick? i dont remember atm but has become one of its names. its still the Green Hell eventhough the representations are/might not be correct.

In our rf1 events we usualy would go for the 70version because it was so much easyer to nagotiate it. this would bring more drivers in events.
    When we went for the more challenging 2007VLN peeps would just give up after 2 laps :)

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

The version we have at rf2 atm (is it modified from GPL?) is the green hell, as named by Jackie Stuart.
    You can distinguish it by later versions from the big jumps at the main straight which were removed at early 70s.

3. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

I bet you're wrong! As long as this fantasy track would have similar challenges i would love and drive it also. And i'm sure i'm not the only one:)

4. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

PS: Bryan, you are a wonderful host, but I don't feel like racing in your server while this Nords is the loaded track[/QUOTE]

Well... since I like to help/make happy as possible... What track would you like to see up on my server?

Also, I have no idea why people don't like the rF2 version of Nords... unless you're running modern cars and have them set up incorrectly for this track... like... no ground clearance and stiff springs/shocks. Put that car up in the air... soften the (fast) dampeners... and enjoy the track!

Bryan

5. canastos

canastos Registered

It's not about car's behavior, but about track visuals, looks terrible when green, does not get better when rubbered; doesn't look like made for rF2, but this is my opinion, of course. When I feel like Nords, I run the VLN version on rF1; in the future, we'll see ;)

And that's my point, but I won't mention another track to be up, Nords is ok since it's fun for many others using rF2; keep it up

byyyyyyyyyyye

PS: was you who did leave a comment for me?; I can't see it now that reputation is disabled :p

6. osella

osella Registered

^ There's no denying this nords look very very dated in rF2. It is made for GPL originally, then converted to rF1 and THEN converted ro rF2 so it's about 10 years old iirc.
    Graphics isn't my top priority but have to say I'll be waiting till better looking version appears.

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Brabham with softened springs.

8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Until they shut it down, right?

9. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I bet your not a girl LoL

10. osella

osella Registered

Statistically every bigger simracing community has at least 1 girl so I trust she is the one here :p

11. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

A video from Grand Prix Legends at Nords. Never played it but I'm very surprised, it looks pretty good.

12. osella

osella Registered

^This seems to be different version than the one converted for rF, but even if it was the same, it wouldn't be surprsing if it looked better in GPL as the conversion process usually makes the track lose some detail, even if it's converted into much more advanced engine. And some newly made GPL tracks actually look really cool.

We need a scratch made version of nords specifically for rF2, from somebody like feels3, I hope you have free time mate if you read this:D

13. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I don't quite understand where this statement is based, unless converter deliberately leave such details out. The reason why converted tracks seems to look more bad is that they are usually built for another game engine which probably supports specific effects and gimmicks that make the track look better. Or then they are so old tracks that they used to look great when they were new. Usually it is just pattern in human psychology, original work tends to look better (even when it doesn't). It is pretty much same thing with everything, the original song, game and film feels better than remakes of such.

14. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

To make Nord from scratch at the highest possible level, let even very high level with bits and bobs missing you need sth more than "free time". You need basically no life. By that I mean noooooooo life at all. Even for a guy like Feels3 it would be a chore for not weeks but months to make it as good as it can get/be. That's why all the versions of Nord availble for us are pretty much "give-or-take" standards. Made after weeks of exhausting work. To make Nord you need team. Team big enough and with lots of free time, lonely wives (or husbands... we can't say that girls can't make tracks... Actually we can but I just wanted to score some points with some ladies here) with determination, talent and love for the Green Hell and rf2 bigger than will to sleep, eat and well, you know. :rolleyes:

I would be grateful if he did it but Nord is just too much for one guy to make and make it look like nothing could beat it.

Let's not forget that Feels3 already announced that he wants to make modern Spa and Interlagos in 2013.

I just hope you are not in a hurry to have this track ;). Sooner or later someone with more time and similar amount of determination and skill as Feels3 could do it (team possibly... or Feels3 could team up with some other guys if he wanted to. Let's just ask him, shall we?)

15. Lecram

Lecram Registered

I may be wrong but that isn't the ring that came with the game, must be some update.
    That ain't the original Ferrari too btw.

Edit.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
  16. osella

osella Registered

That was merely a joke, I don't expect feels to make nords himself as that's basically impossible time-wise, there would have to be some kind of team indeed...

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

No, it is not the original.
    The original was 3.000cc 312, of the 1967 season.

The one you see in the video is from 1965 seasom mod and is a 1500cc 158

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Lecram

Lecram Registered

Yes Nikos, but I meant that what you see in that vid werent the original textures for the track, nor the for car that came with the game. GPL out of the box didn't look that good as in that vid.

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You were asking about the Ferrari too.
    Textures seem ok to me, are you sure you had the updates and the GPLEA cars, or were you playing it out of the box :confused::confused:

Oh sorry, you actually were playing it out of the box...well...you are in for a huge surprise if you go back there..

20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

That vid was great! never seen it before but it brought back the old days for me, great commentairy as well, i actualy watched the whole thing. thx DJ :)