Wet racing is seems broken.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JetlinerX, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Ugh, please no pCARS mention. I tried it for the first time in several months and am extremely put off. Decent racer (F1 2012 for general motorsport) but nothing as promised the numerous times they released things to the press.

[/disappointed venting]

2. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

What's wrong with it, since Empty Box was pretty positive about it last time.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015
  3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Don't get me started mate .

I updated it a few nights ago for first time in months and it spat out a 12GB d/l when I went to run one of the tracks I like for a look, Historic Monza Belgium Solitude among others they all gone.

Please tell me they are not going to pawn them off with the missing Lotus as a Historic DLC ........................... :eek: lopl :D

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Really..? Are they now removing historic tracks before the release?

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Seems so mate, at least my track list is missing them.

If you have a look at that official pCARS page with all track pics Monza still has the Historic emblem but only lists 2 layouts, same as Belgium ( 1 layout) and Rouen and Solitude are not there at all.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/locations.html

The only difference I see to rF2 not having 20 "Test Events" up with 1000's doing hotlaps to qualify like pCARS is it don't look like pCARS. lol ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think they (ISI) would do a better job with DX11 weather...... they wouldn't put rain spots on every camera lenses in every view to start with. ( rolleyes ) hehehe

Thought of a ISI DX12 sim while retaining rF2 physics and feel.......... boggles the mind. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015
  6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You do realise that an updated DX version does not ensure a certain graphic quality right? It is down to the artists to get the most of it. It is not like you suddenly start working in DX12 then the graphics "just happen". If you believe that then you really have no idea about game development and the size of teams can have on a product.

7. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

And the techniques/algorithms the graphics programmer implements.
    Exactly, there is no such thing as DX11/12 rain.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Is that what I said is it.

If you say so.

:rolleyes:

DX12 will reduce GPU overhead and is faster then DX11

I guess ISI should stay with DX9, forget about new shader models.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
  9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I pushed the OT in this further and I apologize, but to bring it full circle...

Did you see my response and its ensuing chain on VirtualR? Here's the gist:

I asked for a refund this Sunday. It may be a very fun racer with excellent graphics and career mode, great tires and FFB, but it isn't the game promised numerous times on updated releases. There is underlying potential but especially open-wheelers and big powerful cars have been neutered (or don't make sense). It doesn't need to be hard to be realistic, and it's ok for this to be like an improved and glitch-free F1 2014 but expanded to dozens of cars. But I didn't buy into the project for that, nor would I pay $45 dollars (including my membership + buying it on a sale) for a game like that.

Maybe once it's released the public will break into the code and unlock its potential, like they did with NFS Shift bringing it to what it was early in development, but again... it is not what I believe I was promised. I gave it the benefit of the doubt over skepticism for many, many months, but trying it on the "Gold" build I can make an assessment without any W.I.P. excuses. Until then it can be a fun title where you can enjoy collecting championships through the career progression, but it isn't what I was looking for.

10. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

People measuring graphics quality by DirectX version - I call that a great marketing success of Microsoft :)

Graphics quality is measured in game engine quality and artwork quality.

Let me use a short metaphore here :)

Artist = driver
    Game engine = car
    DirectX = tires

If you pot the best tires on average car, then even the best driver won't win the race.
    If you put the best tires on best car but have average driver, you're unlikely to win either.
    If you put the best driver in the best car but on average tires, he's not very likely to win in a race, but he will still be fast - just complaining about tires all the time.

So the moment ISI developers start to complain about DirectX, is the moment they could benefit from upgrading. Not the other way around.