Wet racing is seems broken.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JetlinerX, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Well said.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I was not negative all I said is DX11-12 will do a better job, till then I am not too fussed.

I assume ISI will make another sim and it won't be DX9 ?

Realistic weather needs tyres, physics, dynamics and visuals.

DX11 can do a better job with complexity from what I understand ? simpler, cleaner and faster to work with ?

From everything I have seen in weather effects just confirms it.

Personally I would rather more work on terrains, real road, smoke and dust.

How about sparks when you drive a three wheeled car ?

Check GTA5, standing and running water, puddles, wind shear , droplet size , splashes ( check out closeups ) , water spray.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

DirectX13 may be in the horizon by then :p

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

Would you attribute that to direct X api, or the monstrous amount of money and people involved? Seriously. This is like thinking about a small indie pc shooter vs battlefield.

This is at record breaking sales and profits levels...no wonder things are incredibly detailed. The guys who probably worked on animations alone are bigger than the ISI team.

Iirc anyway, ISI said they aren't against a change, just that there has to be a big benefit to spend the time integrating it.

From what I can think of, what is needed in a race simply? Clouds that represent real life, dark clouds bringing rain, etc. Raindrops and water on the windscreen/helmet. So we know when it is raining. Water representation on the track, standing water, damp greasy patches, dry line. Rain spray from the cars. A random weather setting and also ideally a live weather setting.

It doesn't need individual droplet splashes, doesn't need flow based water shaders...the way the clouds roll in and out looks great so far, layers of clouds and all that, just needs more cloud types. That kind of thing isn't impossible just because of direct X...

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Looking at how much last build improved graphics with HDR, I rather see ISI focuses on that first before DX12/13/14. There is clearly lots they can do with the current API.

6. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

even free ipad ios car game can be beautiful. But not every game can be a good simulator

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Newer DX versions may be able to DISPLAY wet weather in a more realistic/efficient way, but does that really effect how it is simulated? It would be coded the "same way" no matter what DX version they run.

I honestly think most of you spend more time whining about what isn't there forgetting what is there and actually driving it!!

8. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Money does nothing if you don't have quality on manpower. Just saying.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We listen to everything. We do things at a pace we can, and in the order we think best. That's as full of a description as possible really.

10. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

I, personally has been rejoicing rf2 since day one...driving the bolts off my g25 with the brabhams in the classic monte carlo.

It was raw brutal and take no prisoners.

Yes...instead of complaining what is not there, i rejoiced with what was available. And for one has been driving the classic lotus in the classic nords in GPL with the keyboards, and as a sim purist as i am, i wont moan abt water splashes on my helmet cam or the absence of sun flare on my screen.

Its all abt the driving and its been damn bloody good....the best out there.

Many boasted abt the Shelby being a great car and when ISI gave them the Panoz....they didnt drive it.

So its abt shud ISI listens to complaints (especially graphically) when it can compromise its efficiency as a simulator, by sacrificing multi-processing threads n cores just for splashes and sprinkles?

Arent no one appreciates what is already being simulated and strategise their races with that (which already is sufficient for a good one) instead of what the eyes shud see?

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

How am I complaining about whats not there when I would not mind if rF2 had no rain to begin with. ? lol

I rather no rain and more concentration on other stuff. I said that for years !! ??

All I reflected is my personal opinions what weather needs to be in 2015 .............. why it seems to upset so many people I have no bloody idea. ? lol

It is hypotetical anyway ...........I am not even talking about rF2 !!

How can I be whining about it lmao

I was talking rF3 or whatever ..................zzzzzzzzz

As for the comment about it wont be any different for coding what DX they use I will hear that from ISI.

Do any of you even know what will be available in DX12 ? :rolleyes:

Weird a year ago a thread goes up wanting rF2 to be converted DX12 ..I am talking rF3 ............and I am unreasonable ? sheesh

12. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Rain in rF2 is here to stay as most people including ISI want it.
    DX12 won't automagically fix any rain problems. It's just a very small piece of the puzzle. I couldn't care less if rF3 still used DX9.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If it was not clear, lol
    On the original question is "rF2" weather broken, I do not care a great deal BUT I hope anything people want is fixed.

I will take whatever weather rF2 offers without grumbles , certainly not whining.

That is all I ever meant :)

I have not heard Tim rule out a later DX in ISI' future ( in that "change rF2 to DXxx" thread )

If you take into account time between ISI releases they would be working with a solid DX12 and we would have 1200GTX's ! :p

How a new DX will handle weather and other dynamic environmental effects and what it means for developers along with GPU advancement.
    I have certainly read more encouraging stuff if you read between the lines.

pCARS wet physics are not good but I can appreciate the overall environmental effects, I especially like the drips on Lotus49. lol ;)

I mean people do get the distinction I make. ?

I hope ISI keep making sims and unless someone is telling me ISI can't replicate " their brand " of physics in a later DX , well then ....... lol

I have spoken to one well known modder in my room thinks DX9 is one of his constraints.

Does projectCARS weather take up much time, to me it was as good from the very first builds ?

If that is the case no I do not want that mate !!! lol

I guess a hypothetical new sim from ISI running latest DX would not impress AC and pCARS drivers then ? ....Not much !

;)

14. 88mphTim

That's correct.

15. coops

coops Banned

THERE IS YOUR ANSWER: Its not a no, Its not a yes, Its a wait and see. Next TOPIC PLS move on. :D

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Honest Tim lool I was not trying to be argumentative.

I could not have been happier with Build60 from very first corner.

Mostly I whine about people want, want, want all the time every day non-stop and when I see
    a thread or post that calls any feature in RF2 bad to justify what I would call unreasonable changes,
    well it just gets the BP humming. lol

Some people here want to think back what they first said about the Packaging System and if you joined in that petition to get rid of it. lool p

I think my first remark was " omg !@ no more mismatches !....... best thing since sliced bread !@! " hehehe

I think for a small outfit you have done extra-ordinary work.
    Lord willing you will develop a later DX sim which I hope along with Steam could be the push towards even better times for ISI.
    ISI just need the AC/pCARS army of minions that will buy a sim based on glossy Steam videos and 95% reviews is all. p

[​IMG]

Backwards compatible software/hardware friendly or not, sooner or later Tim ya' got to cut that bungey cord! lol

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
  17. 88mphTim

As soon as people want to run a modern sim, they can upgrade to a modern PC any time they wish. We have dropped a fair amount during the development, such as XP. When you consider the percentages that our systems said were still using it, that was quite a decision... I'm not sure people fully comprehend that, but without the info they can't have, I'm not sure how they're supposed to either. *shrugs*

18. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Just this week someone on xp posted here wondering why it wouldn't work.

19. williang83

williang83 Registered

Ok guys i guess it is time to skip DX_xx topic for a long time. OK it would be more interesting if rf2 had a newer DX but this isn't the case so they must stick to this version for next years. There is no reason to jump to dx11 because dx12 is so close and at the same dx12 will require more trick development so it will take time to master it (even for experienced). I don't see why ISI should spend time and money on DX11 and i don't want them to dive into DX12 prematurely with a big chance to not have enough knowledge to get the most from it.
    We are lucky enough that they didn't hear some folks of the community that really bashed them for not using DX11, otherwise we would have seen slower development on game/simulation side (that is already slow without extra works) because they were investing resources converting to DX11 (that has some improvements) just to see lately people complaining about the new DX12 (that is a very step forward) and why they went for DX11 instead of 12 and asking ISI to embrace DX12.
    At the moment i would rather prefer them to invest most of resources to finish most features like rain, tire patch, chain weekend sessions together, etc... in a few words things that really matter to simulation side.
    Of course i would expect them to take in consideration DX12 in, let's say, 2 years.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

..........and that is exactly what I said x years ago when people wanted it converted to DX10+

I look at it this way, what is rF2's weakest points ? They are far and few between.

No matter what you think of the sim go do a thunderstorm - storm - light rain race
    in Lotus 49 at Cadwell Park ProjectCARS.
    Fast moving storm clouds, lightning looks and sounds brilliant.
    P.S. That is barely medium high settings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Immersion + I tell you........ ( pity about the handling ) lool

No reason I can see rF3 ( whatever) done in DX ( whatever) with these effects will not be a top seller

If investors don't see that, well I'm baffled.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015