Welcome...

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Michael Juliano, Dec 23, 2011.

1. elwood

elwood Registered

Not bad, a method like xfiles will be a neat addition to .cam file, perfect to trigger cameras.
    Otherwise a box like those used for crowd and horns sounds, but more or less it's the same concept of xfiles.
    Any kind of very poor complex geometry, that could be used to expand the activation methods.

Shaking in GTR was very cool, i like to mimic real cameras, (no matter if now are gyro or digital stabilised).
    So why not a path? (helicam) done using lerp from vertexes of a spline?

ISIs, forgive me, i start to think too much sometimes, but adding inertia to the free cam panning?

Ok ok, this was the last. i swear. :p

2. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Registered

My only experience with installing multiple versions of AutoDesk products....at least 2009 and above is that if you are running a 64 bit OS you will be forced to install a 64 bit version of the software. You can "hack" the install in most cases to allow a 32 bit install on a 64bit OS....but AutoDesk does NOT support that at all.

3. ethone

ethone Registered

2011 definitely lets you chose which version to install, or even both if you so like.

32bit software on 64bit OS is nothing special. Did you actually get shot down by Autodesk when asking for support?

4. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Registered

I can only speak for AutoCad...or Civil 3d....but we do have several full Revit and Architechural packages here....and they include 3dMax. AutoCad will flat deny you to install the 32bit version on Vista or Win 7 64 bit...and I confirmed this up to 2011. Civil 3d ships with both DVD's..ie 32 and 64 bit...but at the point most systems are at now it makes ZERO sense to insatll the 32 bit version unless there are critical issues that prevent you from using the 64 bit version. Yes...Autodesk told me that they do not support the install of 32 bit versions of AutoCad on a 64 bit OS. At the time I was having to hack the 2009 and 2010 Autocad installs as we were using a 32 bit addon software that had to run in native 32 bit so I had no choice but to hack the install. That is no longer an issue as we are using Civil3D...but I do believe you will run into issues trying to install 32 bit AutoDesk products on 64 bit OS's.

5. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

no problems at all running 32-bit 3dsmax 2010 on 64-bit OS here :confused:

6. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Same here, although it does seem to crash regularily after the opening 10 minutes and than is fine *shrugs*

7. ethone

ethone Registered

Huh. Knowing the default Autodesk installers I got are perfectly fine with installing 32-bit versions on a 64-bit OS I'm wondering if you guys are maybe using architectural packages that come with either their own 3rd party installer or specific drivers for some piece of hardware that has 32/64-bit specific drivers?

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Max Angelo, could you answer a few questions above?
    I know you are somewhere around, posting on forum. Thx.

9. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Registered

Our Revit Arch Suite comes with both 32 bit and 64 bit installers on the same disk...as it should....so if you put that DVD in a 64 bit system it will NOT ask you if you want to install the 32bit version ( nor should it I may add IMOHO) it just plows ahead with the 64 bit version. The msi file reads to OS and installs what is see's is the current OS level. Now the AutoCad that ships with that package has a 32 bit DVD and a 64 bit DVD....and if you try to run the 32 bit DVD on your 64 bit system it tell you to get a grip on reality and install the correct version for your OS... lol. The AutoDesk Building Design Suite Premium ships on a USB stik. It has 3Dmax as part of it's install suite......and there again....the msi reads the OS level and makes the decision as to which version you are going to get....and installs it. So...bottom line.....what we get here on our subscription is that the installer reads the OS and you get what you get..... ;). I am not saying it cannot be done......but with the software we have here...that is how it works.

10. ethone

ethone Registered

In addition to the .msi installers are there .exe installers? I recall some programs using .msi for 64-bit and old-style .exe installers/loaders for 32-bit versions of their software.

Or just ask your employer/Autodesk if they can provide 3ds max as a standalone installation. ;)

11. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

with a 64bit plug there wouldn't be a problem ;-)
    bur MrDaniels is right. I also had that USB stick for the design suite and it wouldn't let me choose if i want 32 or 64 bit...not that i ever thought about installing a 32 bit :p
    well i will try donwloading the 32 bit Max 2011 from the student community and try it...i hope it doesn't upset my other Autodesk software

12. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

The answer is just one post above yours.

BTW this is for whom say DX9 = DX11. And the z-buffer issue is only one of the issues which could be solved by using DX11.

13. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I asked for z-fighting is not related to alpha blending. Is related to limited resolution of Z-buffer

I never heard that DX11 improves this area. Can you give some details?

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

OK, I can confirm that Z-fighting is not solved. There are issues on Spa: mostly building windows blinking