[REL] [Virtua_LM] Le Mans 1991-1996 (v1.00 released)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ethone, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Don't know if this is an issue or not but just kind of surprised me since I was going with the grain of the strip and not against it.

Otherwise LOVING this track.

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

3. tjc

tjc Registered

I noticed the same thing happen at Sebring, not noticed it Le Mans so far though.

I made an edited screen out of it at the time...

[​IMG]

It was the same thing, just going along the curb and then bang!

4. ethone

ethone Registered

That does look weird but there's nothing in the actual mesh of the track that should be able to cause this. Excuse my ignorance, is that a 3rd party car mod or a re-skinned ISI F1?

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It happened to me at Le Mans as well, with the Howston.

6. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Mine is a re-skinned Formula Masters ISI car.

7. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

Still loving this track but I have noticed that with rain and or wet track the track markings (white lines) are obscured from view (driving from cockpit) I am not sure if this is track related or ISI related or even maybe HDR profile related, but I thought I should mention it here anyway as it can be a bit of a problem while driving down the Mulsane straights.

8. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

Incredible work, thanks virtua_LM and ethone the track is amazing.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 mediante Tapatalk

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Is it possible to tone down the RealRoad outside of the braking zones and medium-high speed corners?

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks a Zillions VLM Team, great track! :)

11. Giel de Haan

Giel de Haan Registered

I think i found a little bug. When you go wide at the last Ford chicane(left into the gravel), i encountered an invisible wall. I was driving the Nissan 370Z GT4.

Sorry if it has been mentioned before, didn't go through all pages to check.

Nevertheless, this track is really awesome! Can't wait for future releases by you guys!

12. gplayonline

gplayonline Registered

After hours of pure joy on this track with the Hustons (with the great hdr profile by Tosch ), the only thing I noticed that need some work (imo) is the track surface at Porche Curves. It seems to me a bit more bumpier than the rest of the fantastic track.

I know that a track improvment is planned, hope it will be in that area.. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2013
  13. ethone

ethone Registered

Of course it's possible but why would you want to do that?

Also, all bumps are intentional. At least the ones we know about. ;)
    The road surface was perfectly smooth before, which is entirely unrealistic. So we added bumps for flavour, mostly off-line. It should be nowhere near as pronounced as on the ISI tracks though, I feel it's pretty moderate. At least for the cars we tested with, which was mostly the ISI Corvette.

Giel, there is no wall but there is a bump in the gravel. The 370z seems to hit with its undertray and then have strange reactions. I'm not sure if it's an actual physics issue with the car but if you increase the ride height the car doesn't "dig into" the gravel anymore and only receives a significant bump. I'll look into smoothing the bump a bit to minimize the issue, but I'm afraid it won't be going away entirely.
    The ISI F1 jumping up from the curb does not make any sense to me and I suspect either the undertray is hitting or there is too little suspension travel. Is it a reproducible issue?

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Because of that one thin line forming all around the track even on the straights.

15. Chris Griffin

Chris Griffin Registered

I was running MAK Corp Group C beta 0.3 and hit "something" (kerb) that threw the car in the air all of a sudden. Didn't look a wheel but impact seemed similar. I'll try and reproduce to nail down where.

16. Galaga

Galaga Banned

not sure if already reported but the triangular sections where the roads merge and there are diagonal white painted lines is very slippery. fine by me if by design but thought i'd let you know in case you would want to change it.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ve noticed a couple of things.

Firstly there seems to be a "milky" effect on the cars when driving the track. The back of the car in the pic below should be black but it`s a milky grey colour. I`ve noticed it on a few cars, the 787B, vette, Howston`s... it`s also on the sides of the cars. Iirc, I`ve not noticed this with the same cars on other tracks.

[​IMG]

Plus there`s some strange shapes on the track surface in a few places.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It`s fantastic to have Le Mans in rf2. I`m really enjoying the track. :)

18. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I saw that "milky" reflection too. The reason seems simple, because the road-object is not assigned to the reflection mapper (REFMAP0). Maybe it's because of performance reasons. ethone?

The shapes i guess are intentional to give some variation to the road (nice idea :) ).

19. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

From the replay it's like something just snatches the tire and rips it right off the car.

20. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

First time I drove by those, I remember thinking "uh-oh, somebody lost some oil!" Still thinking that. I thought it was kinda cool looking. Nice effect.