United Sim Racers - Season 1 - sign up thread

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Nah, the G6 1969 will be superior ;) Maybe there are a few tracks where they can be somewhat equal, but the G6 has very good handling and superior topspeed. So it will totally outclass the G4 at Spa, Brianza, Longford, Le Mans, and still have slightly advantage at the "slow" tracks because the corner speed is actually really good.

If we were only allowed to choose between G4 1967 and G4 1969 your suggestion would make more sense. The 1967 version will be superior at Spa, Brianza and Longford, but the 1969 version will be faster at Mid-Ohio, Sebring etc. But the G6 1969 is superior to them both :p

2. Galaga

Galaga Banned

3. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Matt is it possible to make vmod required only Howstons and Le Mans?

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Yes, it's possible.

I haven't got on hold with nascar2112 today (sent pm already 7 hours ago, and new one just now). I he doesn't reply then I'll host myself (10-12 drivers is my max capacity) and we'll do stress test some other time. But we got 40 mins still. Is Le Mans already in rotation in our server?

I wanted nascar2112 to set only Howstons and Le Mans for tonight but as I said I can do that myself too by hosting myself...

Anyway, we are running this combination under United Sim Racers name tonight.

See you on track!

-Matt

EDIT: I already opened server with Howstons at Le Mans (server: United Sim Racers- Le Mans). I will come there in case we can't set our main server to the same combination before 18:00 GMT. Sorry for the hassle.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013
  5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

btw, Teamspeak server is fabrik17.de, password: laser and channel nightmare. Some random channel I've been using in the past :p

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Apparently nascar have set our combination for tonight to the server after all :)

Only a bit short races (15min) but let's use it anyway.

See you there!

Use the USR server with 30 players max...

7. Christian Hamilton

Christian Hamilton Registered

What I suggested was not hard and fast, but merely the idea of picking a specific car (whatever that may be) and sticking to it. Think it makes more sense than grouping everyone in the same spec car each race.

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I would like to see that driver skill is in a more important role than the car in deciding who's the fastest. So with my current knowledge about these cars I wouldn't reccomend mixing g4 and g6 in a race in this kind of championship.

But you can prove me wrong, I just want to have as close race as possible.

it's good that different opinions are offered because then we have really thought it through when the championship starts.

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

And you have learned that you should not bring your 1969 G4 to Le Mans ;) I will overtake you on the long straight with my 1967 G4, and then block you in the slower part of track.. lol ;)

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Your best lap was 7 seconds better than mine with g4_69 so I must try how can I handle g4_67. Or then you could downgrade :D

I looked our tracks poll and the last five tracks in our top 10 were: Brianza, Spa, Zolder, Kyalami and Lienz... not sure if these are the ones we want to replace with some track. We are taking Le Mans in. Maybe Zolder out? Anyone wants Symmons Plains or Long Beach in?

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

It feels like driving a overweighted bathtub with tiny bicycle wheels... But it's super fast on the straights :p

We should not want to replace Spa and Brianza at least.. We should be happy to have these high quality tracks by ISI.

Maybe you could start a poll with Zolder, Kyalami and Lienz to decide which one will be replaced with Le Mans. Is it possible to have a poll at the league site somehow? :)

Regarding Symmons Plains and Long Beach, I say no.

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Poll started at http://usr.simresults.net/

It's not a closed poll so anyone can take a vote but I don't believe many others than us vote there :) Remember to choose 3.

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Kyalami is my favorite track, so I voted for it, also Le Mans, Long Beach.

UPD. I just realized, 17 November 19-21GMT is the time of F1 US GrandPrix. Maybe we can shift race day or race time, maybe we will race earlier, before GP starts. I want to see US GP :eek:

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Yea, I almost forgot this. I would also like to see this. Is 16:30-18:30 UTC/GMT time possible for all for the first race? Other events normally 18-20 UTC/GMT. Is 10:30 AM start possible for you J? :s

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Nice :)

That's fine with me

16. Axe

Axe Registered

I would prefer original proposition - to start the session 18:00GMT. Later is better for me.

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I know :s

But could you guys tell me if it's POSSIBLE, because I would like to see F1 race also. Of course if 16:30 UTC/GMT start isn't possible for anyone then we probably have to stick with original plan. And this earlier start request considers only our first race.

-Matt

18. Axe

Axe Registered

ah, sorry, if we are speaking about first race on 17 only then do not care about me - I will participate in SCES 24h LeMans. We will try get real as 3 members crew and if we will not wreck the car and finish the whole race I will be unable to touch the steering wheel next days probably. Of course if our plans will crash and I will be fresh then I will manage an exclusion and stand on the grid sooner.

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

If everyone haven't noticed yet, we have started a poll at http://usr.simresults.net/.

The goal is to possibly replace some top 10 tracks from our previous poll. 7 out of 10 tracks are decided to be in safe zone but 3 last spots will be decided by this poll.

Situation atm (15 voters):

Le Mans (80%, 12 Votes)
    Kyalami (73%, 11 Votes)
    Zolder (60%, 9 Votes)
    Lienz (33%, 5 Votes)
    Long Beach (27%, 4 Votes)
    Symmons Plains (27%, 4 Votes)

Those who have signed up can vote in our website.

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Found this message:

Would be good to know if this happens in all servers that have +15 drivers...

this thread: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/16856-Connection-lost-Server-lost-build-342