United Sim Racers - Season 1 - sign up thread

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

For Sunday... remember pit speed limit is 65 km/h and if you drive too fast, you'll get a drive through, and that's no fun at this track, especially not in official quali :p I don't know if we will have a longer quali session or keep it 15 mins?

The small arrow indicates where pit lane ends.
    If you drive in the 3rd lane, the the right, you'll get a timed lap on your outlap. So you don't need to drive 7-8 minutes before you can start your hotlap. Of course it's especially useful if the quali session is only 15 minutes. That means that you have 2 hotlaps.

[​IMG]

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Maybe quali could be 20 mins, if you are listening Holley ;)

Change for quali points in this event: 8, 6, 4, 2 (doubled)

So that quali is also more meaningful at this track.

Points for positions if there are at least 16 drivers starting the race: 25,21,18,15,12,10,8,6,5,4,2,1. (doubled, plus 1 point for leading the most laps (also doubled))

And as I said earlier, 1 extra point for everyone who start in this race and 5 extra points to everyone who finishes the race (max 10 mins gap to a winner)

Very exited about the weekend :)

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

And if there are less than 16 drivers, we won't get any points at all? :cool:

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Then we go as normal, top 10 gets points :)

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Sorry I didn't show and have been so quiet lately guys. So Sunday 1800GMT right? I'll fill a spot in the rear of the field. It might sound strange to most of you but I don't even know this track very well. :p

6. Axe

Axe Registered

Hi
    please, a bit lost
    - where to download the track? get missing component does not working
    - what will be the race lenght? standard 2x25min?
    - is there a possibility of rain? I see unknown weather at USR site
    thank you

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

good to have you back on grid :)

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

https://mega.co.nz/#!oUZzCZjT!C6amP2R8wt7_SrZL0aH3H0jrXmpDoDmZu2tnN8FNbxs

After you have that installed you should be able to download sr4l version with get mod from the server (2,3mb update file)

This time we have only one 45 min race.

Wheather will be dry because wet weather isn't still working properly and this track is heavy even without rain.

PM if you have any problems.

Good to have you back also :)

9. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Thanks!!

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Everything is looking good for tonight :)

We are starting our official event at 18:00 GMT/UTC as usual (as me if you aren't still sure what this time is in your local time). Remember that our server is open at all times also outside our events.

Feel free to ask me if you have some questions or if you need help with some problem concerning our league or rf2.

See you all on track tonight!

-Matt

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Official event has started now :)

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have sent you the password with PM DJC, heard that you are coming today...

14. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Great night for me. I knew this track very well since SR4L's event in December. Car felt amazing and was very easy to drive :D

It was the right decision not to restart the race, Matt. There was only one car out of track (not even crashing), loosing a few positions while running on the grass, and then retires to pit (?). That's not enough for a race restart... :) For me, we could ditch the race restarts completely, regardless of ctd's, disconnections etc. But I can live with 1 race restart when many cars are involved in a crash.

Remeber, these cars are not that extremely fragile. You can actually touch the armco without suffering damage. And light suspension damage is barely noticable. You can still continue the race after a crash, and work your way up in the field again. It's a long race and other drivers will make mistakes too. Race is not ruined because you spin in the first corners and have light suspension damage.

This is the way to go, not restarting races for small incidents. That will make people more careful next time. If they expect race restart if something goes wrong, they will continue to take big risks to gain positions in the start.

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

There had been many restarts already due to technical problems and there wasn't a huge crash that is needed for a restart like we talked after last time.

Results for our 7th event, Nordschleife: http://simresults.net/140216-Vg8

Updated points standings
    : http://usr.simresults.net/results-and-point-standings/

Really big THANK YOU to all that came. We really appreciate it. Hopefully there are as big grids in the coming races too :)

I had lots of fun and I improved my driving and times alot during the weekend. Sorry for some contacts I made when struggeling with my car at some points.

Will write a race recap of the whole race at some point.

Next time in Kyalami on 2nd of March!

-Matt

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Great race, very satisfying, thank you for hosting :)

17. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks for the password, and the event. Was fun.
    I was looking good for a while in 3rd place, but made too many mistakes spinning my car a fews times + damage. Then found myself running out of fuel, so a splash and dash on last lap put me near the bottom. Managed to pass someone on the run up to the finish which was satisfying. Did the whole event with very low FPS, found a rogue program using all my CPU % power, sorted now.
    Good that you were using our mod, without the spaced out start grid there would have been many many more start crashes. We at SR4L are also doing the same next week with another mod to space out the grid, this time at Brianza1966 10k, all welcome.

DJC

18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes, big thanks to you Nikos and DJC and everyone else that helped us to fill up the grid. Sorry to hear that you were running out of fuel dj, because I said 78L was enough (and it was for me). Are you sure you were going to run out of fuel? I'm using trackmap to see fuel. The default HUD maybe is wrong? (would not surprise me at all). I know that fuel consumtion varies a little depending on setup and driving style, but not that much :(

Wow, great points for me now. Only two events ago, Kane was only 20-30 points behind. Now Robert is the new 2nd and I'm 100 points ahead. Really good result for him too, because he had not done a single lap before tonight when he joined. At the same time I feel sorry for Kane. Sooooo close to finish 4th when trying to save fuel on the final lap.

19. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I agree, I made the wrong decision to stop.

I was very frustrated to have a problem after so many restarts for others and their technical problems. My technical problem was a little different, I got going at the start but the car went into neutral when I shifted out of 1st, same when I tried 3rd and finally got drive again in 4th. I was using auto clutch, it wasn't clutch slip and i've never experienced that before, I was actually in neutral according to my hud. Too much time in neutral and I got hit from behind, alpha wouldn't have been able to avoid me with how slow I was going just over the blind crest. After getting hit I pulled off the track, a bit bewildered and not wanting to cause a bigger accident. If I had thought about if properly I wouldn't have expected a restart for that, there could have been 10 more restarts for proper technical problems after that. Anyway, I didn't specifically ask for a restart which I should have done and left it at that, instead I moaned a bit, sorry for the chat distraction.

20. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes I saw that in the replay. I'm not sure what wheel you are using, but I have a G27 and my H-shifter is really unreliable. It's the pots inside (2 of them) that comes loose/out of position or needs to be cleaned.