Uninstall rFactor and install rFactor2??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 65GTO, Feb 4, 2013.

1. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Hi Hammad. This is nothing short of disastrous as it is. I loaded up RF2 and just took one of the Barber cars out for a spin. The graphics look like an old ZX Spectrum and the frame rate (i think...) is hopelessly slow. It's completely unrecognisable from clips of RF2 that I've seen on youtube.

Please help :/

2. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Okay, I've sorted out some of the blocky-ness of the graphics, but still the game runs sooooooooo slow. It's as if it's down to about 20fps or something like that. Turn the steering wheel one way......and you have to wait a fraction before the 'virtual' wheel on the car turns.

3. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Thsi is pitiful. Can I get a refund and get rf1 back?

4. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

Have you tried adjusting the graphic settings in-game?

5. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

You won't be able to run it maxed out obviously based on the specs I saw. Just try adjusting the graphic settings and it'll be fine. Going back to rfactor 1 isn't the thing to do. You'll be missing a lot.

6. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

I'v e dropped the graphic settings and it still utterly abysmal :(

Thsi is depressing....

7. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Oh and I can't see the Corvette in the game. And where do I find all the historic cars that I liked in rf1?

8. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

Uhh then I suppose you can wait for others to respond and help you out with that since the only suggestion I'd give would be to upgrade your graphic card. Yes, I'm a bit of a spoiled brat :p

9. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

Select "all cars and tracks" then go to cars and it should be there.
    And regarding the old f1 cars, they are on the download page but those are the only ones available as of now. Download them and use the instructions to install them.

10. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

But it ran rf1 with no problem at all! That's why I think I need rf1 and not this. Honestly, it's pathetic...

11. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

I've turned all the graphics off now and it's just giving me a headache. Hopelessly bad. There must be some mistake....I can't believe how bad this is??

12. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

I know. I could run a race in rf1 with about 50-80 AI cars on max settings but I can't even think of doing the same on rf2 simply because it's more complex and advanced and needs more processing and graphic power.

13. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

How do I get rid of this, get a refund, and get rf1 back?

14. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

I'm so grateful for your help Hammad, but I can't convey to you how much I regret getting this....

15. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

Let the people on here help you out. If that doesn't work then simply open the rf2 launcher and on the second tab you'll get an option to request a refund. You can choose that then.
    Btw if you plan on going back to rf1, I'll let you know a site from which you can download this neat little program that'll download and install all the available mods and they will work.

16. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Don't panic so quick dude. Take a deep breath and relax. If you're tense you'll miss something. You've turned down in-game graphic options I assume but what about the graphic options on the card itself? Which card do you have? Maybe you have something on the card jacked up that it can't handle in rF2 but could in rF1.

17. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Hi Marvin,

I'm not panicking. I think after 1.5 years of trying to get this to work I'm a bit beyond that...! I know nothing about my card except that it ran rf1 at full-whack with no issues...

Honestly gents, this is the lowest I've felt in my time playing with racing games. I just can't win.

18. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Hammad, I'm on the second tab and it says 'buy licence' 'reactivate' and 'manage account'. Where do I apply for the refund?

19. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Do you know what model it is? Settings on the card could go a LONG way to getting this right.

20. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

No idea Marvin. It has a blue plug coming out of it...... And I've not changed it from this morning when it ran rf1 with no issues.