Tracks I'm Waiting On

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ORA-Quasi, Mar 2, 2012.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

is there any possibility that ISI can make the green hell for rFactor 2?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
  2. hoover

hoover Registered

Toban for the win! While all other tracks mentioned are mostly nice apart from the oval stuff, Toban (Short) is my #1 test track in rf1 for new mods, it'd be great to see a version up to rF2 standards available.

All the best,

Uwe

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Unlikely. A track like that just wouldn't fit into the pricing... You have to consider how much you spend to license it, and build it, versus how many people buy your software to get it. I don't think enough (extra) people would buy it purely because of it.

4. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

If it was laser-scanned Nord+GP you can sell it for 15$ as DLC and the most of regular rF2 drivers, even real racing drivers and amateur teams from VLN etc would buy rF2 only for that track.

5. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

This track is one of the most popular on rf1 and one of the best track ever :)

6. ethone

ethone Registered

Yeah, on the popularity/attraction scale it's probably top of the heap.
    Production costs would be incredibly though, especially if you were to laserscan it.

7. 88mphTim

I'll happily try to co-ordinate with the community on it... But we just can't risk putting so much time into it ourselves. Now if a modder went out and got himself a license, built it and then came to us to sell it for him? That's a nice idea, and one we've talked about doing with good (licensed) mods so that the modder helps us and makes some money if they generate new sales, etc. Main issue is that it would have to be scratch-built, etc. Long project for someone doing it in their spare time.

8. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

Tim, seriously, how one person, even a modder group, can get a track license? Your are not serious.

So...I assume ISI have laser-scanned CAD data of Nord... What is cost of Nordschleife for rFactor Pro if I have rFactor Pro and want buy Nordschleife?

9. 88mphTim

I've talked free licenses out of some big companies (or smaller ones out of ones we couldn't initially afford), and lots of general users and modders have friends and contacts they can try to use. And I know of mod groups who had licenses for the rf1 content they made, the main reason being so that they could sell it to the track they made it for to be used commercially. :)

It's all about what you inform the person licensing to you that you could do for their brand.

If you have rfpro questions you'll have to ask via the rfpro Web site, as that's managed by someone else and he doesn't post here.

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I would be happy to give my contribute if you make old Nurburgring!
    I'm pretty sure that every one in our community would pay for eventual DLC that contains this fantastic circuit!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
  11. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Putnam Park is officially licensed, iirc.

12. 88mphTim

Longford is also officially used by the organizers of the Revival. As I said, it's often about explaining what their licensing to you gives them.

13. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Not quite...there are some in the community who just cant stand the place.....for personal reasons they dont want to go into :p

But yes...a majority would love it...LOL