Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. bears

bears Registered

2. leonsm65

leonsm65 Registered

Hi, Formula pro e Tatuus works well. Here the two spots where cars hits wall. https://imgur.com/a/rHKmxjF

3. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

The car mod that not works well is the Formula Hybrid 22 from steam workshop?

4. leonsm65

leonsm65 Registered

Yes

5. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

ok, tried it and i see that there are some more collisions with the walls/guardrails. Imho it is a car related issue as they cut every corner a bit more than other cars. Tried to edit the corridors for nearly every turn. I devmode with a single car it runs ok. Give it a try: https://mega.nz/file/fxdznSqZ#31HjsneXB56qQr9zrojUFSBI_9rQSi-4Cpz5npWbrVE - maybe editing the rcd brings some benefit. There is a parameter "fear of walls" with a value of 70. Other car mods use a higher value.

atomed likes this.
  6. Forcer77

Forcer77 Registered

is this parameter really working? the same I wonder about "corner caution"... I tried to change values of it but haven't noticed difference

7. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

It could very well be the car which is the problem. The Mak-Corp Porsche 962 use to crash into the wall of the house before the long finish straight at Le-Mans 1967 and then with the last update of the car it no longer crashes. Before the car was updated nearly every car would crash at that point, every where else on the track was ok.

atomed and Forcer77 like this.
  8. leonsm65

leonsm65 Registered

Thank you again but cars always do same crash.. rcd i tried to found but no chance..I'llgo forward to Barcelona

Manfredk2 likes this.
  9. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

atomed likes this.
  10. Angus May

Angus May Registered

Hello, had a look at the AIW for Road Atlanta which was updated lately and it seems that there is no breaking in the esses downhill however the ai does not hold the curbs on the turns but goes very deep and readjusts it with a big correction loosing tons of time would this be possible to be looked at? also at Road America the turn 13 sees the Ai breaking in there where this should be taken with a slight lift of if not full throttle. Would it be any help if i recorded fast laps for Road Atlanta and Road America with GTE/GT3/LMP3/2, to help improve it and send it here? as it would be great to have these to iconic tracks completed and ready for ai racing

Attached Files:

11. redapg

redapg Registered

Honestly, i would suggest to wait with any AIW Editing, until S397 have finished their Work at the AI.
    In my Opinion, it makes no Sense at all, to try to adjust AIW Files, as long as official AI Improvements/Modifications are WIP.

atomed likes this.
  12. Forcer77

Forcer77 Registered

this link doesn't work for me...
    and in general I have problems with AI such as hitting walls almost on all street tracks some more some less

13. Angus May

Angus May Registered

Logically it might not make a lot of sense however this whole thread is about edited AIW's which are improving the experience

14. redapg

redapg Registered

I know what the Thread is about. ;)
    But, as said, in my Opinion, it is wasted Time, to currently edit AIWs, whenTomorrow can be the next AI Update being released and the Cars again behave strange with the just fresh edited AIW.

vava74 likes this.
  15. leonsm65

leonsm65 Registered

It's a real shame that a game like this has these flaws.. rhis ai and the lack of being able to edit a championship are two big flaws. in terms of simulation and ffb in my opinion rfactor 2 is unbeatable.

Forcer77 likes this.
  16. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I will have a look at Road America. Maybe some waypoint edits could solve this.

Speaking of Road Atlanta: you mean that the AI is to far away from the curbs? Some cars like the open wheelers and also the Oreca had some big problems when touching the curbs to much

17. Angus May

Angus May Registered

Hi, maybe not touching the curbs as it was send the oreca of the track easily but have a much smoother transitions from turn to turn in the essess, at the moment it goes very deep into the first turn downhill and it causes the ai to slow down due to the correction that it has to make to go back to the racing line

Forcer77 likes this.
  18. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Worth a try but no success guaranteed. Sometimes the AIW recording from a replay does not work.The AIW of Road America is already heavily edited.

19. delphinho

delphinho Registered

Hello,
    Is there a chance to rework the AIW File for SRSU Montreal 2023 from Steam Workshop? On the one hand, the AIW is extremely slow, on the other hand Wall riding and Wall bumping in Turn 4 is possible to improve lap time in Qualifying. Also, the last chicane can be cut a lot, a bit more strict track limit rules there would be nice.
    Thank you and kind regards,
    Steffen

20. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

why dont you use ddriver´s Montreal? For his version is already an AIW patch available