Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. bears

bears Registered

Thanks mate sorry been a bit slack testing it, I tried it with the f1 70 cars and it is way better.. you are becoming the aiw guru :)

atomed likes this.
  2. RF2 fan

RF2 fan Registered

Below this vid is the link to download the classic Barcelona layout with working AIW. If you like the content don't forget to subscribe to my channel

atomed, Lars, Forcer77 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Forcer77

Forcer77 Registered

I tried it but AIW still not working... AI cars in my race did something stupid before last corner. it seems they still think there's chicane in this place

4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

We need some fixes for Knockhill

5. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

svictor, buzz hornet, bears and 4 others like this.
  6. RF2 fan

RF2 fan Registered

Very sorry, I may have confused files, thanks for pointing this out try this link :

https://mega.nz/file/kK8AFBCJ#22RHm30Usnx4x0f2C_e1AWlYiIZA3uMnJGkynFT8AtA

Please tell me if its ok now.

7. Forcer77

Forcer77 Registered

thanks, I will try it.

I installed this AIW but it still doesn't fix all problems. AI still go too wide on the grass in some fast corners and spin out. sometimes it ends crash with other cars...
    also there are some AIW files but I don't know for what mod it should be used. for example there is AIW for Long beach track but there are several versions of Long beach by different modders. How can I know which version I should look for and install??

8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Patch for Oran Park Lidar available. Look here: https://mega.nz/folder/CIIlGQ5C#jmMrO8sfvanSx4D6X8PaLg

The AIW had a value for AIrange that made most of the AI slow. At a field of 20 Tatuus F4 cars there was a difference of 8 secs per lap between the fastest and the slowest car. Now all cars should run as fast as they can. Added also a block line to the AIW. Happy racing

vava74, Flatspotter, Corti and 3 others like this.
  9. delphinho

delphinho Registered

Hi,
    Have you guys ever done an update AIW to Road America 2019? With the standard AIW file provided within the workshop item, the AI is unfortunately braking in turn 11. Also rFactor2 gives penalty points for cutting the track if you overtake someone down the inside in turn 1. I guess it's because crossing the pit line.

vava74 and Chris Lesperance like this.
  10. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Add me to the list of people who what to see this. The motorcycle version gives very bad track cuts outside of T1. That version of the track in real life is used for 24 hours of Lemons and ChampCar (the $500 car endurance racing).

vava74 likes this.
  11. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Patch for Road America, which hopefully solves the cut track issue, available at our download folder: https://mega.nz/folder/CIIlGQ5C#jmMrO8sfvanSx4D6X8PaLg
    I see also the braking in turn 11. Seems only a minimal touch of the brake pedal without losing speed. Some waypoints have a slightly lower speed than others. Have to investigate for a solution...

As benefit the patch should also bring the road lines behind the transparent halo of Tatuus F3
    20230104180931_1.jpg

svictor, buzz hornet, Hazi and 3 others like this.
  12. delphinho

delphinho Registered

You are amazing :)

buzz hornet likes this.
  13. vava74

vava74 Registered

@Manfredk2 perhaps liaising with Digga and the gang for them to update the mod in the workshop?

atomed likes this.
  14. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

new patch for Road America available - now (hopefully mostly) without braking in T11

svictor, Corti, Corgan and 2 others like this.
  15. SecondSplit

SecondSplit Registered

Hello Everyone! I've wanted to throw my hat into the ring for AIW edits for a while and I have also had a couple AIW patches sitting that needed a little polish before I could share them and I think I'm finally happy with one haha.

This is a AIW patch for Snetterton 200 v1.02 by Senormen on ISR. I put it through strenuous testing conditions with a full 36 multi-car field of GTE / LMP2s and had great racing with no FCYs, no multi car pile ups and only 2 or 3 minor spinouts for 40 laps. Hopefully this will give some great AI racing to other folks so you don't have to spend the time I did learning and fixing.

Mega NZ folder link:
    https://mega.nz/folder/3rBQADAL#SN9t07Y1uhW8fxgXriRqJA

Should show up in content manager as sm_snetterton_1.02 just like the track, but version will be 1.03

1.02 to 1.03 Patch Log:
    - New Corridors to try and keep AI on track while improving speed considerably
    - New Fast, Block, Left, Right and Wet lines
    - Added formation speed limit and full course yellow speed limit
    - Modified AI SlowWhenPushed, AIDraftStickiness and AIRange for more competitive AI
    - Garage positions behind the garage building in parking lot and been redone and spaced out more as some AI were getting stuck on prop cars and each other
    - Added Rear Pit / Garage extension for AI to navigate to pit lane without passing through building / ramming things
    - Created corridor at pit lane exit to funnel AI and prevent them slamming each other into the railing and blocking pit exit
    - Made Normal Pit Speed and Race Pit Speed the same

Known Issues:
    - AI have a wiggle when merging from the pit line to the race line. I believe I would have to redo the pit line to try and improve it, and it only creates accidents in rare circumstances
    - Very rarely AI will completely disregard the corridors on the tighter turns and cut the turns under blue flag conditions but this seems to only happen at the beginning of the race

Enjoy! Let me know if there's anything I need to fix.

philrob, Hazi, Emery and 3 others like this.
  16. Alexandre Bauer

Alexandre Bauer Registered

17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

18. Alexandre Bauer

19. Alexandre Bauer

One question, these updates just work if we install the track through ModManager, right? If the track is installed by steam it simply doesn't appear there...

20. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

All patches should work with tracks installed via ModMgr and also installed via steam workshop

Example Hockenheim 1966 from workshop:
    Screenshot 2023-01-11 085229.png