Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Thanks, I'll check when I get home.
    I normally just copy the track folder inside the Installed folder to the ModDev/Locations folder and have no issues.
    Is that what you did there or are you following certain procedure to add tracks other than copy/paste?

2. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

S397 tracks are always/mostly parted in two parts/version numbers. So you have to copy the mas-files of both folders into one folder.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  3. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Oh yeah, I noticed this one had 2 versions in it. Cool, I'll check it out. Thanks

4. bears

bears Registered

Aiw gurus sorry if you have done this one but I couldn’t see it… longbeach 79 would be great if you could look at it the cars slow down going down the main straight otherwise it’s ok I did notice you can’t do a rolling start but standing works fine. The car I was using was chiefs f1 70 f5000 cars… no pressure but if you get a chance to improve it that would be brilliant :)

vava74 and atomed like this.
  5. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

this sounds like a quick job ;) @atomed - you or me? I have some spare time...

atomed likes this.
  6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

@bears Do you know or could you find out what the pit speed limit was? Actually it is set to 400 kph .. and the speed of the safety car would also be great

7. atomed

atomed Member

Lol, you, I'm busy rn :(

8. bears

bears Registered

Hi I found the below on pit lane speeds, not sure if it helps, if this is accurate I would say the pit speed limit for 1979 would have been unlimted. Safety car is another question all together I don't think they existed in 79 but using the same speed as the 1986 tracks are using would probably be the best solution? These are the speeds from Adelaide 1986 gdb
    RacePitKPH = 400
    NormalPitKPH = 400
    FormationSpeedKPH = 100

Hope this helps and thanks agin for your great work :)

They were originally introduced for the 1993 season during practice sessions only.
    They were then made compulsory - along with the rule that pit crew must remain in the garage unless performing a stop - after the 1994 San Marino GP. During the restarted race, Michele Alboreto’s Minardi lost its right rear tyre exiting a stop, which bounced down the pit lane hitting the Lotus and Ferrari crews standing outside their garages and hospitalising two from each.
    The speed limit was originally 80 kph during practice and 120 kph during a race, before being standardised at 100 kph for the 2004 season.

vava74 likes this.
  9. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

ah, ok. My knowledge in race history is not that good ;)

Will do also a new left and right path as they are not good. Left is sometimes outside the race surface so the cars will rub on the walls.

vava74 likes this.
  10. bears

bears Registered

Like I said you guys are the gurus...... love your work :)

vava74 likes this.
  11. Forcer77

Forcer77 Registered

12. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

new left and right are recorded. Rolling start works in theory but there is a problem i dont know how to solve. Start and finish line were on different positions on the track. Start and pitlane were at Ocean Boulevard, finish is at Shoreline drive. Actually the pace car leaves at the pits, leaving the field alone which causes them to slow down because the pace car should been overtaken and xfinish is far away. Fast rolling start is working but the start line is still at the wrong place. Calling @redapg for help

Long-Beach-541.jpg

vava74, bears and atomed like this.
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Same problem as Mid Ohio once they moved the starting line to the back straight. Imola by Reiza has split s/f lines Perhaps something can be gleaned from that track.

vava74 likes this.
  14. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

excellent, will have a look at Imola

vava74 likes this.
  15. islnd

islnd Registered

Did you get a chance to look into it? You said you were busy. Can someone else take a look at CTMP Pitroad issues during pitstops?
    Thank you in advance

16. bears

bears Registered

Hey sorry mate I hoped it would have been an easy one :-(... will be good to get it raceable RF2 needs more historic content, thanks again

17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

no problem :) Its always good to learn something new (if there is a solution) :)

vava74 likes this.
  18. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

This was a bit tricky. There were some waypoint connections to the "garage path". Maybe the garage path was assigned as 2nd pit path. So no wonder that the AI tried to steer right into the wall when leaving the pits

20220707100111_1.jpg

So i recorded a new path and saved it as extension to 1st pit path. No more connections

20220707101340_1.jpg

So hopefully you will get this. Patch for original version 1.03 available at our folder. This patch is based on my AIW. atomed an i worked at the same time on the AIW for CTMP. So there are two versions.Tbh i lost a bit the overview :rolleyes:

20220707101547_1.jpg

19. islnd

islnd Registered

you guys are legends!

20. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

we know but thank you for confirming ;););)

vava74, Corti and davehenrie like this.