Toyota Celica GTO 1987

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Juergen-BY, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I don't know how ISI's look upon permission is. But I'm sure they prefer it to be there.
    People will be reporting stuff that isn't perfectly out of the "grey area" and then it'll be taken down. That won't happen to the same extent at the places I mentioned.

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

:D

3. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Reading the thread I can only smile bitterly to the efforts that someone did to show himself inflexible judge of what should be our relaxing hobby:
    R-E-L-A-X

Luckily the whole rFactor community is not represented by these few people...

4. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

There will always be people that can't think themselves and takes rules as a moral. I think Pixels_32 would be happy for the work you have put to develop the mod further.

Edit: I don't have an opinion anymore. What matters is Pixel_32 opinion about this and that i dont' know.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
  5. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

so what if he is not responding to yours PM,mails...maybe he have his reasons for that.i didnt read he allows people to continue his work.
    why dont you find somethin else to work with if you want to help,some unfinished mod or something with permission..no you pick already great mod wich need some minor updates.

lets everyone here with some knowlage do our versions of this mod(slower,less grip,no turbo,twin turbo...)funny stuff.
    i have nothing against you make it for your self,or few of your friend.but make it public,funny.i have lots of mods i tweaked some stuff but im not share it over forums and making same mod public.

im sorry some people dont understand this is not good way to do it,they started to tweak files and all of the sudden they become confident to change things and ask people to find bugs and make it public.fantasy s*
    i know someone will like that,some not.probably guys who dont know anything about tweaking,modding will be thankful.

and for you SLOW M im sorry but i must say this,your convert and mod are not even close to this mod..so dont defend guy who help you.so we must be thankfull for your hobby?why?you chose that,not we.
    if i release something i would not be glad someone pick thrue my mod,irrelevant if you can not get in contact with me or community want that.

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

It's only a flame war if you turn it into one. This is called a discussion.

The mas files were encrypted.... so in order to "create a whole new mod" these were cracked open. 32_pixels didn't want this mod messed with, is that too hard to understand?

You could in fact create a whole new mod with ORIGINAL files which you created and not those RIPPED from encrypted mas files.

If you made a mod and encrypted the files you didn't want touched, then found others had STOLEN your work to then build upon? Wouldn't you be a bit pissed?

Create ORIGINAL work.... if you don't know how, LEARN how.

Edit: and no... I don't want to "beta test" this rip thanks.

7. matf1

matf1 Registered

There will always be opinions, rules to be broken and feelings to upset. The onus is not on anyone but the modder to protect his work.

If there is a do not copy notice or if it is encrypted then it's obvious you are not to touch it, otherwise it is fair game. Nobody can speak for the modder, because a modder is a person... an individual, not part of the collective.
    Don't want XXXXXXXX stolen, protect it and the public will help with that. Don't protect it or make clear your intention, then you have already supplied permission by omission of that.

That there is the only problem I have with this modification. The guy encrypted his stuff!

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Indeed but unfortunately people get offended when they are disagreed with hence the reason why actual discussions on the internet are rare. This forum seems to have some extra sensitive users as well.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I think the biggest issue is that it wasn't a fix-it update to the original, like the repackaging of the Lola T280. This was morphed into a new car.

10. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

Which new car? There are nothing of new....

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

If you wish to be pedantic... New car: different version release. Not an update. Separate component. Blablabla.

12. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

But it isn't a different version... It is just so few feature more and some HDV lines changing....

And as I proved, the 3D isn't a 87 one, so it isn't a new car. So I maintain, a real adding for this mod is a new car (a rival). After that, maybe an update of Celica will be necessary ;)

And I read in Genral Discussion, there aren't enough mod and track and so on, many times, but nobody does something to change that ;D We will see in few years....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
  13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Okay then, so instead of all the drama I'll go ahead and provide a bit of feedback on the actual car.

I did a few laps on Sebring 12H and noticed something strange with the tires.
    I did a half spin and noticed on the TrackMap tire app that the timing of the tire wear from that spin was very strange:
    The tire was not worn down during the actual spin, but after. More specifically it wore down while the tire cooled down from the overheating caused the spin.

I did another spin to make sure, and sure enough, the tires lose percentages a second or two after the spin, while cooling off.

Can anyone confirm this? Could it be a delay in the way TrackMap shows tire wear?
    I haven't seen something like this before.

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Interesting finding, could you pls provide the info, wich tire type, medium or hard?

15. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hi Juergen,

I experienced the same issue. It concerns the medium rear tires. Below 3 pictures: 1. showing the excessive wear on the rears after having driven some laps at a modest pace, without any excessive rear wheel spin(I struggled to keep the turbo spooling up:p) and actually a lot of understeer through the fast corners. 2. a few laps under the same conditions as in 1., and 3. taken a few corners after 2., where I had spun and Hex's findings are displayed.

View attachment 17687

View attachment 17688

View attachment 17689

The hard tires don't show this behaviour.

Greets,

Roland

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks for the report, Roland. Probably i used some wrong values. I`ll check this later, after work.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yes of course, I'm sorry about the lack of proper info.
    I'll provide a more complete report today, some screens from MoTec data etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.