Toyota Celica GTO 1987

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Juergen-BY, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hi Guys,

this version, Toyota Celica GTO 1987, is partially based on 32_pixels Toyota Celica GTO 1986.

Most of the changes where requested through the ISI Community. A lot of people tried to contact 32_pixels, without any success. I tried to contact him by PM on this Forum and on Facebook but got no feedback from him. SRosswick (he made the skin pack) tried to contact him since October 2014, no luck. Other tried it, too, but no response. For now, there are many changes and fixes on most parts (incld. on the 3d model) of the old version. Therefore i decided to release this new version without permission. If somebody feels offended through this WIP Release, please contact me by PM.

However, many thanks to 32_pixels for his Version!

Who want to get the Download, PM me.

Installation: unzip the file and copy the .rfcmp file into your package folder. Finish installation with the Launcher or the ModManager.

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
  2. Hazi

Hazi Registered

TIA - waiting..... ;)

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

So you are releasing a 32_pixels mod with some changed bits. Strange... thought your last thread about modifying this car got closed/deleted?

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Download added, pls see OP.

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Most of parts are modified/fixed, can`t see that I`m doing something wrong. This is a complete new version, wich use some parts of the old version. To say, their where just changed some "Bits" is really funny. This isn`t a modification, but a new mod.

//Edit: Did you read the entire changelog and new features? I guess not...

//Edit2: by the way Woodee, instead of starting a flame war again, you`re welcome to help finding bugs. Would be very kind. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
  6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Now it is up at RD

Did they read the thread title >>> [WIP] ...like wtf do people think that means ?

Just because you cant contact the guy you can steal his work and call it your own , wtf....

You risk alienating modders and duplicate cars.

No one including me does not appreciate the work but it is the wrong way to do it.

7. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

8. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

What I thought the car has nothing of 1987.......

That is the car of 1987 http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1987/Mid-Ohio-1987-06-07g-099.jpg
    That is the car of 1988 (Pyxel_32) http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1988/Mid-Ohio-1988-06-05g-099.jpg

If you want to call the mod Toyota Celica GTO 1987, make the good one at least...

What did Pyxel32 try doing? It is really simple, show a new category which community can complete (instead the same modern car which we see everywhere...).... But community understand nothing....

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

10. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

32_Pixels release is from 1986. I still wish the minor changes to it would have been made: Fix showroom issue, couple of minor tweaks to the car, and lastly if possible CPM.

This 1987 is a fine effort but the tires just bring it well beyond any realism realm. 3-5s faster depending on track. The car is incredibly grippy and stable akin to modern GT cars but with more downforce.

13. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1986/Portland-1986-07-27g-098.jpg
    1986 (end of season) cars you don't see something of different on the rear?
    http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1987/Mid-Ohio-1987-06-07g-099.jpg
    1987 almost the same
    http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1988/Mid-Ohio-1988-06-05g-099.jpg
    1988 a new rear.

The 3D model of Pyxel_32 is from 1988... And I don't care what is written in the HDV....

Oh My God, every link present the 88 cars for a 86 cars..... It isn't a big new. And Pyxel32 made an error indeed...

I notice yet here http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ictional-track?p=323098&viewfull=1#post323098

But for sure, you know a lot better than me IMSA GT Championship! And instead doing that, make a rival to these Toyota Celica.. It is much better than ripping a model. Mercury XR4Ti, Mecury XR-7, Mustang, Corvette C4, Audi 90 Quattro, Mazda RX-7, Ferrari F40 GTO...

EDIT: Oh I forgot 300ZX Turbo!

EDIT2: Yes all wrong links, I don't know who write this brilliant error first, but congratulations to him ;) And all IMSA GT fans know Celica updates year by year ;)

EDIT3: When you want to modify a car, learn something about her, it will be better ;D

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I`m tired about these sensless discussions. Download removed, who want to get the Link, should PM me.

@ Gui:

15. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

No it isn't sensless! When you understand, it will be too late ;) Golden era of modding is finished for good! It is so easy to take 3D models from others.... But where will community go? Really simple, less and less new 3D models (so we will never have some very rare cars as GTO cars for example)
    Count how many modding teams were on F1 Challenge and the beginning of rFactor and now... You will see there are less and less modding teams!

And very fun, no reply for inaccurate 87 version and for "86" Pyxel32 version ;D

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I`m not sure, who doesn`t understand. Originally i just jumped in to make some (requested) fixes, wich where really needed. But than a couple of guys where complaining about a not permitted update. Therefore i decided to make a complete different version, with much more fixes and new features. Now they complain about the different version...lol.

//Edit: but the good thing, i learned my lesson. I`ll never offer anything again on this forum. This would be for sure.

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

A guy spent his free time for all of us making something great for us. Now that guy doesn't seem to be around anymore so another guy, once again, used his free time for all of us to update some stuff the first guy started. I'm not sure what sort of twisted minds can possibly see that as a bad thing but I'd like to thank both of you very much.

All your work for us is appreciated. You didn't have to do any of this for us but you did. I thank you for all your time, effort and hard work. Don't let all these people put you down. I find their mentality and selfishness absolutely disgusting almost beyond belief.

Once again, thank you for giving the world something for free at the expense of your and others time and effort. It's greatly appreciated.

18. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thank you. Juergen-By. I also appreciate your efforts.

19. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Posting it on the ISI forum might not be the best idea in the world. This project is a grey-area project and ISI forums aren't for grey-area projects.

Put it out there somewhere else, Juergen-BY.

Try, not to pay too much attention to the elitists too much. They will always be super-righteous and you've encountered one of the most hardcore-righteous ones here.
    You put a lot of work and hours into this (although vivemclaren tries to insinuate the opposite) and you should let it leak out somewhere else. If you have a user at F1Classic, Racedepartment or PM Sim Racing For Life with it on Facebook. That would be three channels where it would stay on. It might recieve some bickering. but far more will "like" and thank you for the work.

I hope you'll keep motivation and keep modding. Do it how you want to do it. Some day you might reach elitist level ( :rolleyes: ) and learn 3D modelling. I appreciate you working on stuff how you are able to and pick up skills. 3D modelling is hard to learn but learning how to understand HDV's, VEH's, PM's, TBC's, TGM's, SFX's, Photoshop for texture editing, material settings, shaders, channels/layers is a huge task as well.
    Live and let live - learn and let learn, people.

Keep it off ISI's forums but let it spring somewhere else, there are plenty of channels.

Come at me bruh's.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

ISI's forums has a big mod section. I dont see why this shouldnt/can't be on here. It's not ripped from another game, it's not stolen files that an ex employee from another sim dev brought to us.

It's just a public, free for all mod, and then another guy decided to put his own touch on it to try to improve it even further for anyone and everyone who wishes to try it.

As long as he makes it clear who did the previous work and what he did (gives credit to everyone) then I dont get what the problem is because he definitely did that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.