[REL] TinyPedal - open source overlay APP for rF2 (Radar,Pedal,FFB,Deltabest,Relative,Fuel calculator)

Discussion in 'Other' started by svictor, Mar 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Yes, it must be configurable because not everyone will want it.

Rui Santos, DanRZ and svictor like this.
  2. Lazaros Filippakos

Lazaros Filippakos Registered

Is there also a way to make it display on a Discord stream with the game?

3. svictor

svictor Registered

No idea about discord stream, if it is similar to OBS, then you can try disable auto-hide and then try project widgets.

4. svictor

svictor Registered

v1.10.0 update - Sectors Widget & Improved shared memory accessing
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v1.10.0
    sectors.png

This major update adds a brand new Sectors widget created by @Nibo , thanks to Nibo for his hard work and support. For details about this new widget, see changelog as well as customization guide:
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/wiki/Customization-Guide#sectors

Besides the new widget, this update also includes new way of handling shared memory accessing, which is aimed at solving the long standing issue with data freeze under various situation. The APP will now be able to detect if a shared memory data piece froze, and auto restart shared memory mapping accordingly.

TinyPedal 1.10.0 (2022-12-09)
    • [New]Sectors Widget (created by Nibo)
      • Show accumulated target sector time, with two available options:
        • Show theoretical best sector time from best sectors of current session.
        • Show sector time from personal best laptime of current session.
      • Show accumulated current sector time.
      • Show sector/laptime gap comparing to sector time from personal best laptime of current session.
        Default is set to show for 5 seconds after done previous sector.
        Can be set to always show in config file.
      • Show theoretical best sector time of each sector on 3 separated sector bars.
      • Show sector time gap against session best sector time on sector bars.
      • Auto-freeze previous sector display for 5 seconds after done previous sector.
        Freeze duration can be customized in config file.
      • Auto save "best laptime", "best sector time","personal best sector time" of current session
        in config file when player returns to garage screen, and (re)load when player on track.
        Note: All the saved data is only valid for current session or car/track combo,
        and will be reset if current session ends or car/track combo changes,
        similar to how game handles those data.
      • Show optional current vehicle speed & session fastest speed.
      • Show optional local driver position standing & current lap number, similar to Session Widget.
    • Gear Widget
      • Fixed indicators would not hide under certain condition.
    • Core
      • [New]Added Sectors options in setting file.
      • Improved laptime format method for various widgets.
    • pyRfactor2SharedMemory library
      • Now periodically check & compare shared memory data version.
      • Auto restart memory mapping if data version stopped updating after a period of time.
        This helps avoid data freeze issue during various situation,
        and unexpected lost connection or game crash will no longer cause auto-hide malfunction.
    • Misc
      • Updated customization guide with new configurable setting for Sectors Widget.
      • Updated feature.md for Sectors Widget.
      • Updated contributors.md with new contributor (Nibo).

5. Carlos Santos

Carlos Santos Registered

Thanks for your efforts and thanks for sharing this app svictor, I think TinyPedal will become the de facto rF2 HUD as one worthy sucessor to the TrackMapPlugin by Fazerbox back in the DX9 days.

I have two questions regarding customization:

1. In the Instruments widget is possible to disable the Auto-clutch icon? I found that setting position to zero will disable the other icons but I can't turn off the auto-clutch.

2. I think the app does not support color codes with transparency/alpha channel, can you confirm? I know we can set each widget global opacity on the settings file however If it was possible to have #RRGGBBAA or something with alpha channel would be useful to customization. I don't know if this is "easy" or even possible, certainly is not a priority, but if doable would nice to have (the alternative, spamming the setting file with lines for opacity for every font, every background etc seems a overkill to me tho :p)

svictor likes this.
  6. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks.

Currently there is no setting to hide Auto-clutch icon, however it may be added later.

Alpha blending transparency is currently not possible with the GUI library used in this APP.

I have thought about switching to a more feature rich and faster GUI that supports hardware acceleration, but can't say if it will ever happen.

Carlos Santos and Corti like this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Another amazing addition to this formerly TINY app. Well done, both of you.

svictor and ebeninca like this.
  8. MarcoSaupe

MarcoSaupe Registered

If I may add another suggestion:
    A widget for Push2Pass, where you can see how much is left, with different Backgrounds, depending on if it's activated or not.

:)

svictor and ebeninca like this.
  9. Havner

Havner Registered

I don't think push2pass is even in the telemetry data. Studio-397 doesn't seem to add their additions into the telemetry. Starting with onboard TC/ABS settings that were added looong time ago.

svictor likes this.
  10. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks for suggestion, push2pass is not available directly from sharedmemory mapping, so it is currently not possible to add.

11. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Good morning,

Why my widgets keep randomly losing its positions and go back to default position? I've tried to revert to those backup files without sucess... This is very annoying :(

Also, how do i save a new profile? Can we have a button that says "save profile"?

Thanks!

12. svictor

svictor Registered

Hi, every time you drag a widget and then the moment you released left mouse button, the APP saves profile.

Do you have multiple screens? Currently if you have more than 1 screen (ex, triple screen), then the APP would fail to get correct saved widget position. So far this seems to be the limit of the GUI library used in this APP.

If it is other cases, try move the APP to another folder or hard disc and see if it helps.

And to have a new profile, right click on tray icon and select "Load preset", then click Create button and enter new preset name. If you want a new copy of exist profile, just manually make a copy of the json file in setting folder of this APP.

13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

No, i use single ultrawide screen and it's the second time this week the icons get to the default positions (default icons position when you install it for the first time)...

14. svictor

svictor Registered

Can you check if any new backup file being created next time you have encountered position reset, and if there is a new backup, please upload the backup json file here, so I can take a look, thanks.

15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Ok, thanks!

16. svictor

svictor Registered

There is currently an issue related to car&track combo name that contains special characters (for example one of the new dundrod track name contains double quotation mark), which would cause file loading or saving failure. And this likely also causes other issue. I'll fix and update ASAP.

ebeninca likes this.
  17. svictor

svictor Registered

Hotfix:
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v1.10.1

TinyPedal 1.10.1 (2023-01-14)
    • Core
      • Fixed invalid deltabest & fuel data filename that contains special characters,
        which would cause saving & loading error.
      • Improved calculation for cruise, pedal, pressure, temperature, wheel widgets.

Rui Santos, OneMoreOdd, kados and 4 others like this.
  18. svictor

svictor Registered

v1.10.2 Update - Initial cross platform support, improved preset manager & tray icon
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v1.10.2

This update adds initial cross platform support (ex. linux) with help from Bernat (berarma). The app (source code) can now run (tested) natively on linux system, though it will require extra setup to sharedmemory plugin and various stuff, which related documents will be updated at later time hopefully.

Preset manager has been rebuilt to support cross platform, as well as improvements to tray icon. User can now config & control widgets from Preset manager menu bar. A widget position reset issue is also fixed.

Screenshot taken in linux:
    tinypedal_under_linux.jpg

TinyPedal 1.10.2 (2023-01-29)
    • Preset manager
      • [New]Add menu bar with same functionality as tray icon menu for all platform,
        which substitutes tray icon for none-windows platform.
      • Now handles all underlaying widget & module & APP control.
    • Sectors Widget
      • Properly saves current session fastest top speed from valid lap.
    • Customization
      • Added "transparent_color" setting in JSON config file.
        This setting is meant to be used by none-Windows platform
        where transparent background color is not supported,
        and user may customize a substitute color.
    • Core
      • Added initial cross platform support (by Bernat).
      • Rewritten & improved code structure to support cross platform.
      • Fixed a widget position reset issue that can occur if auto-hide is enabled
        while launching the APP or reloading a preset.
    • Misc
      • Updated contributors.md with new contributor (Bernat).
      • Updated customization guide with new configurable setting.

yashiman, TJones, elgagon and 10 others like this.
  19. Nokto

Nokto Registered

I have created a very simple overlay (from tinypedals) which display two informations:
    - max speed reached in the current lap (left)
    - max speed reached in the session (right)
    The goal for me is to use the information when working on setup.
    I have send code to Svictor if he is interested.
    I start thinking that maybe instead of a new overlay, that might be better to add optionnally this information in the gear panel (on top/below of the current speed information).

OnBoard.png

svictor likes this.
  20. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Looking to the widgets menu, I remembered of a suggestion I wanted to do earlier but forgot...

It's a small detail but can improve the user experience: Every time you want to enable/disable a widget you need to open the menu, problem is, when you select something it auto closes, forcing you to open the menu again if you want to change more things.

I suggest to you, instead of doing this menu, to put a new section in the right side of this screen where you have a list of checkbox items representing the widgets that you can select, making the usability better, like this...

upload_2023-1-29_19-55-47.png

Sorry for the horrible image, it's just for exemplification.

Rui Santos, OneMoreOdd and svictor like this.