[REL] TinyPedal - open source overlay APP for rF2 (Radar,Pedal,FFB,Deltabest,Relative,Fuel calculator)

Discussion in 'Other' started by svictor, Mar 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. svictor

svictor Registered

Hi, you need to do at least a full clean lap to get correct reading.

The fuel widget calculates fuel usage using both fuel_consumption & last_laptime values, and both values will be auto-saved into config.json every time you go back to garage (so that for the same track you don't have to do another full clean lap to get reading). Now if you have just switched to another track and haven't yet done a full clean lap, then the fuel widget will still display values from last track. Both values can be manually edited if need.

You can find full guide in customization guide:
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/wiki/Customization-Guide

Danny Wilde, Corti and Rui Santos like this.
  2. Flin Faraday

Flin Faraday Registered

Thanks. So what figure does it use initially when there's no previous lap data? The previous track data probably... Can it not guess more accurately by using the data RF setup uses? Not sure if that's possible. Slightly confusing on first lap when it is off by 15x... ...or even just a "---" or a "0.00".

.. ah it probably doesn't know for which track the previous data is for...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  3. svictor

svictor Registered

The APP calculates last lap consumption the same way as game's HUD, which is "amount fuel at finish line of last lap" minus "amount fuel at finish line of this lap", so it can't not guess.

The fuel data in Setup Page uses an in-game special method (the math is unknown, but it relies on AIW file) for estimating fuel consumption, there is a recent thread also mentioned about it. However this setup page fuel data is not readable from sharedmemory plugin, thus it also can't not be used.

Flin Faraday likes this.
  4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Yes, that's correct. We did a driver swap in a race, then I rejoined as a driver, it does the "... has joined, waiting for next session" or whatever it says, then we went to the next track, and I began driving, and I noticed it wasn't working. I thought it was broken, then I noticed it matched up with what the other person was doing.

svictor and Corti like this.
  5. svictor

svictor Registered

DL: https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v1.8.1

TinyPedal 1.8.1 (2022-11-01)
    • Core
      • Improved auto-hide function & player status check.
      • Added additional player data verification for deltabest & fuel modules.
    • pyRfactor2SharedMemory library
      • [New]Added an argument to pass rf2 PID to SimInfo for reading data from dedicated server.

6. PaZill

PaZill Registered

Moved from several Simhub Overlays to this one, and loves it.

But I miss two points:
    Is it possible to deactivate the radar when in a private session or there is no car around?
    And can you add maybe a status for the headlights?

svictor likes this.
  7. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks for suggestions.

Headlights status is already shown on instrument widget, see:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ive-fuel-calculator.71557/page-7#post-1101619

As for radar, you can turn off "center mark" for now, this way radar will only show a small white car which should not be noticeable.

makan and Corti like this.
  8. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Hi, just started using TinyPedal in VR on an Oculus Rift S the last few days.

I had to go back to SteamVR rather than OpenXR which is a shame, but using Crewchief VR overlay function this all works really well in VR.

One thing that is slightly off putting, is that the VR mirror "Bleeds" through to the overlays, so when you move your head in VR you can see this moving behind each overlay, and in between the different elements of each overlay. I tried setting the overlay opacity to 1.0 instead of 0.9 but this doesn't resolve the issue.

Is there any way round this, other than to run VR without the mirror from rF2 graphics config?
    I'ts like it wants a black mask behind each overlay to stop anything from showing underneath.

9. svictor

svictor Registered

Hi, thanks for feedback. Good to know it works with VR. Unfortunately I don't have VR, and can't help with this issue. Since each widget is basically a normal window(without border), there isn't much to help either.

10. lagg

lagg Registered

@TheMattyOnline i don't know if i understand you well.
    But is It possible that you have the mirror Window selected in Crew Chief to be show in VR?

11. svictor

svictor Registered

v1.9.0 update - Preset manager & deltabest fix
    tp190.png
    DL: https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v1.9.0

Thanks to @zxd1997 for suggestions.
    Customization Guide info:
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/wiki/Customization-Guide

TinyPedal 1.9.0 (2022-11-07)
    • [New]Preset manager
      • Added new "Preset" list window when launching TinyPedal,
        where user can load exist preset, or create new preset.
        Preset files are sorted by last modified date.
      • All JSON preset files are now saved in TinyPedal\settings folder.
        User may manually move all old JSON files into "settings" folder.
        Note: Preset manager does not provide file delete function (to avoid accidental deletion).
    • Core
      • [New]Tray icon menu now shows current preset name.
      • [Critical]Fixed an issue that could cause deltabest module to stop updating.
      • Many improvements.
    • Misc
      • Updated py2exe building script to use new "freeze" (py2exe v0.12 and above).
      • Updated third-party software libraries.
      • Updated customization guide with info about the new preset manager.

12. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Is there a possibility to start tinypedal without the preset manager?

svictor likes this.
  13. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

I was thinking of something similar, always start with a "default" preset, so the screen doesn't pops-up everytime, if you want to create or change, you'll need to proactive select the preset manager after tinypedal has started.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    svictor likes this.
  14. lagg

lagg Registered

Or load the last presset automatically

svictor and ebeninca like this.
  15. svictor

svictor Registered

thanks guys. those ideas have been considered, but currently due to limitations, the app can not reload itself after launch(past preset manager). it's the reason functions like re-select preset or skip preset dialog are not possible atm.

I have spent quite some time trying to re-structure code to support those ideas, and so far it appears much difficult and will take more time to achieve. But eventually I think this will be done, so no worries.

Currently I have coded preset manager to always display your last used preset at the top, so it is just a one click of "load preset" button to continue with your last preset.

DanRZ, Corti, yashiman and 4 others like this.
  16. Lazaros Filippakos

Lazaros Filippakos Registered

Thank you for this awesome plugin. It works almost perfectly. It still gets a buit upset when people join or leave the server but thats ok. My smallest issue for me would be the deltabest. If there is a way to reset it while driving, make it adjustable (eg when it rains on the server).
    But still, keep up the amazing work.

svictor likes this.
  17. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

@svictor if you can make (a bit like fuel) an icon where it shows the laps remaining in each tire (based on wear) i will definitely quit simhub...

Thanks for your work!

svictor likes this.
  18. SierraFoxtrot920

SierraFoxtrot920 Registered

I am having trouble running tinypedal.exe in order to install the app. I have downloaded the TinyPedal-1.9.0.7z file from the GitHub page, but all I have is a blank file type. There is not a zip to extract and run the executable. Is this related to the Microsoft Visuals C++ that is mentioned in the install directions?

19. svictor

svictor Registered

hi, the 7z file can be extracted by 7zip program. then you can find and run tinypedal.exe
    7zip official site:
    https://www.7-zip.org/

Rui Santos likes this.
  20. SierraFoxtrot920

SierraFoxtrot920 Registered

ah, hence the .7z in the download file name.....I think I have it working now. Thanks!