[REL] TinyPedal - open source overlay APP for rF2 (Radar,Pedal,FFB,Deltabest,Relative,Fuel calculator)

Discussion in 'Other' started by svictor, Mar 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. svictor

svictor Registered

Hi, thanks for the suggestion and help.

The sectors widget currently already include speed comparison (current speed VS session fastest speed) made by Nibo.

The only missing feature from sectors widget is the freezing current lap fastest speed. I'll add this freeze function to the sectors widget soon.

Note: only the fastest speed from a valid lap(with valid laptime set) will be stored by sectors widget, this is to ensure that user gets sensible top speed reading. Any invalid lap top speed will be thrown away after ESC to garage.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  2. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks. Your suggestion was considered when I was coding the new menu(I have gone through several design choices), but there are other related issues so I didn't make it this way. This may be changed in future, but not priority for now.

ebeninca likes this.
  3. jmarq10

jmarq10 Registered

is there a way to have a standings? Like if im p15 I would like to know who is in the top positions, as the relative only shows the closest cars

svictor and Rui Santos like this.
  4. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

You can increase the number of lines on the relative screen, but it not guarantees that you'll see the first place.. the info you want makes more sense in a standings screen.

You have this info in the default rF2 MFD screen, you can map keys to cycle through the standings an see who is leading, considering it, I don't know if it makes to create a new standings screen in TinyPedal.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    svictor and davehenrie like this.
  5. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

If you guys want to go crazy on it, the idea is from Schumacher's 1994 Benetton F1 car:

upload_2023-1-30_16-52-46.png

“I suspect at this point we looked a bit puzzled,” Toet wrote. “So he explained what he wanted: ‘I’d like to keep the real-time speedo in the middle, where it is.

“’Then on the left I would like a speed display that shows the minimum speed in a corner. It should hold that speed until I go for the brakes again. Then when I go for the brakes that can be reset to give me the new minimum speed.

“’Then on the right I’d like another speed display to remember the maximum speed I reached until I’ve been flat on the throttle for a second or two so I can read the maximum speed from the previous straight.’

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/g9tnm3/michael_schumacher_wanted_three_digital/

6. svictor

svictor Registered

very nice article, thanks for sharing.

Standing is planned, as well as many other stuff is currently on my todo list, just need time(a lot) to work on them.

One reason that there wasn't much progress with some of the long requested features was due to the track modding projects that got my hands fulI for the past several months. Now with those projects come to the end I will be spending more time on coding. There will be more improvements and new stuff coming.

Manfredk2, Corti, ebeninca and 2 others like this.
  7. svictor

svictor Registered

v1.10.3 - Pitstop count & vehicle name display & optimization for Relative Widget
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v1.10.3
    pitcountvehname.png

This update added two new features (Pitstop count & vehicle name display) as requested by user srlemke & @MMartin . Due to those new addition, default column index order has been adjusted, it is recommended to double check column index setting in JSON file to avoid overlapping.

A new GUI update method is also implemented for Relative Widget, which greatly reduces CPU usage by more than 80% , from previously 1.5% to as low as 0.1-0.2% (other widgets will also receive optimization in future update).

Current lap fastest top speed display (Sectors widget) is added as suggested by user @Nokto (Piervit). Also improved speed validation method, the widget can now correctly display & store fastest session top speed from valid lap only.

New customizable options: https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/wiki/Customization-Guide#relative

TinyPedal 1.10.3 (2023-01-31)
    • Relative Widget
      • [New]Implemented lazy GUI update method that reduces Relative Widget CPU usage by 80% more.
      • [New]Added pitstop count display (requested by srlemke),
        re-arranged column index order to fit pitstop count display.
      • [New]Added "driver_name_mode" customization options in JSON file,
        which can be set to display either driver name, vehicle(livery) name, or combined (requested by MMartin & srlemke).
      • Added additional customization options.
    • Sectors Widget
      • Now freezes and shows current lap fastest speed (thanks to Piervit's suggestion),
        and auto resets when a new lap begins.
      • Now validates session fastest speed at beginning of a new lap,
        and auto restores valid session fastest speed for fastest speed found from invalid lap.
      • Speed value now shows an additional decimal place for more accurate reading.
    • Core
      • Fixed alpha opacity issue under linux (by Bernat).
    • Misc
      • Updated customization guide with new configurable options.

8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Would there be the possibility to show the fastest overall laptime (not my own), maybe in the time widget?

Corti likes this.
  9. svictor

svictor Registered

should be possible, I'll add it to todo list, thanks

Manfredk2, elgagon and Corti like this.
  10. ricardoferreira

ricardoferreira Registered

Hi @svictor
    It's possible to 2 things?

Overall (top 10 for example) stands and when someone press pit button it will appear (this is cool to know if we can do a overcut ou undercut). And the relative obvious (cars around)

Thanks

11. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks for suggestion.

There is already a Relative Widget which can show up to 13 nearby cars. Pit request state should be possible to add to relative widget. The real Standings widget is planned but not in the work yet. There are currently many other things taking priorities, next update will bring big optimization & performance improvements.

TJones, Capeta and Manfredk2 like this.
  12. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Pit request ain't helpful, some people just push it very early.
    You'll lose focus trying to engineer the race instead of driving.

Rui Santos likes this.
  13. svictor

svictor Registered

Agree, in our endurance league, our team always press pit request right after exit pit so that no teammate would forget to request. I have also just made a quick test and it does add unnecessary distraction. I think it is better leave the idea behind.

Rui Santos likes this.
  14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Ok, widget positions just reset again... here is json file...

Attached Files:

15. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks. The last line in the backup file has an extra bracket } which caused error. You can manually delete this extra } then rename the JSON and it should be loaded correctly. There is probably something wrong with saving function, I'll need to check meanwhile.

Rui Santos likes this.
  16. Oldgamergazza

Oldgamergazza Registered

Has anyone got this to display in VR?

17. elgagon

elgagon Registered

Yes, using the CrewChief overlay system.

svictor likes this.
  18. jean pierre

jean pierre Registered

use OpenKneeboard for the moment with openxr

svictor likes this.
  19. Capeta

Capeta Registered

The app still disappear when someone randomely join a practice session online.
    When I go back to garage and click drive again it work.
    It's just not nice when you're doing an endurance practice run.

Any idea ?

svictor likes this.
  20. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

I had this problem some months ago, svictor solved at that time, last online race I did was thrusday, no problems.

svictor likes this.