Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Yeah, I would like some oval with Dallara coming some time soon, but on the other hand I don't think they would release any oval track before they would release any oval car :) It has a road course, yeah, but I still think that's not the one.

Besides, I'm not sure if old development screenshots count as "hinting", I guess they do and Tim said he has not hinted us on this track yet.

...or era... ;)

2. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

Please be historic, please be historic, please be historic...

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

You guys sound like a bunch of pathetic desperate ninnies. Compose yourself for crying out loud. After all....

WE ALL KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE BIRMINGHAM YEAH THAT'S IT COME ON YOU KNOW IT SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You're going to be able to SEE it at the same time when the screens are done... lol

5. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm...

SEE...

A hint?

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

lol

Edit - Wait a minute....

Edit - Nevermind :p

7. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I bet its Autodromo di Mores ;)

8. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Not a circuit I'm familiar with but the screenshots look top quality.

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Where are those screenshots?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

never heard of it, seen the onboard video and it looks like a tidy little track suited to the Clios...should be fun!
    Screenshots look awesome , but then after Silverstone you cant really expect anything less can you really!? :p

11. Blue fellow

Blue fellow Registered

12. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

I wish people would stop designing race tracks with the F1 "see the whole thing from the start-straight grandstands in an open field" mentality. They all look so cookie-cutter. :(

I miss the classics... Man-made elevation changes and constant switchbacks are boring for drivers and fans, the world needs more Brands Hatches, Mosports and Road Atlantas.

13. 88mphTim

Yeah, I think in the slower speed cars you'll enjoy it a lot. Some cars just aren't suited to certain tracks, and some tracks just don't work with some cars, while I'm sure some will enjoy taking an F1 car around Mores, I think touring cars will be a dream item for most. And we can't just think about big all tracks when licensing. :)

14. 88mphTim

Frankly they do it how they do it because it's less work to flatten everything and build than to work with the terrain available. But yeah, natural circuits are amazing, unfortunately most of them have houses ontop of them now, complaining about noise.

15. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

Lol. I had the good fortune to get vip indy passes for vancouver many years ago. The downtown residents did a lot of complaining about the noise.
    That was fair. Lol. I could hear practice 45 mins travel time from the track. Those engine sound carry.... Wow.

16. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

I completely understand the reasons for doing it, I just hate the result. :p I'm really hoping that Mont Tremblant doesn't fall victim to that, there's been a LOT of noise from the local residents there over the past several years. The circuit doesn't have the big bucks from major championships at it anymore, either. :(

That's funny; I live literally right beside the grounds for the Toronto Indy, and I can barely hear the cars at all. It's quite disappointing, actually. The current cars are much quieter than the previous ones, granted, but even then I couldn't really hear them.

That being said, it wasn't too long ago that there was next to no residents around the Exhibition grounds, now it's all surrounded by condos, so it might start becoming a problem soon here, too. Which would be a crying shame... People can't just let it go for one weekend out of the year...

17. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Like Brands Hatch.

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I agree with Tim. I won't drive this track much personally because I specialize in historic F1, but it is important for slower cars to have tight tracks to race. Speaking of which, has Euroring been released yet?

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

it's the Muppets who move to the town THEN moan about the racing noise, typical English idiocy!

20. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Yep, build a housing estate next to an historic, world famous racing circuit, then complain about the noise.