Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

These days I made some races offline(no one is online:() and I have to say that the AI is too slow!
    Tonight I made a offline race in Toban with the 370Z,and I started in last position in the grid and after 5laps I was first:confused:they slow down inexplicably in some curve!
    I don't care about offline but ISI needs to improve the AI a lot.

2. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

It also depends on tracks. On ISI tracks AI is better most of the times in my opinion. And the released Toban isn't an official rF2 track.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Just out of curiosity... is that at 100% AI strength wajdi?

:)

4. tjc

tjc Registered

I agree.

The AI can be very different on user created tracks compared to ISI made tracks and I`d also agree that you get a better race from them (so far) on ISI tracks too.

5. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Today I started an offline race at croft, with FIA F2, Renault 3.5, and FISI. Even the FISI with DRS etc. didn't manage to overtake any of them, for multiple laps. On a track like Mills the AI does overtake each other, even if they are in the same class. Don't know how that is on most non-ISI tracks, since I only have Croft and Putnam, but that allready makes clear that not all the problem is with the AI, but also (arguably even mainly?) in the track itself

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh I can see it could well have a lot to do with the tracks themselves... I`m sure the AI need some work too but the tracks do play their part.

7. vittorio

vittorio Registered

If the AI is OK/good on ISI tracks and bad on a user created track would imply its a track related problem (AIW file) and should be reported to the track maker.

8. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

track makers probably dont put to much time into making sure the A.I. run good for offline use...online racing is generally there concern

9. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I find AI being not very well working with our cars even at ISI tracks, seems quite difficult to adjust into working also, they just turn left and right constantly even at straights, which often tells AI path being poor, but with ISI tracks probably not quite so. Of course silly amounts of power, very soft suspension and low grip old tires are not helping, AI kind of tries to steer bodyroll out and ends up into wall while doing so.

I have started to suspect that AI is not able to handle bodyroll, maybe get sea sick :D

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

IMHO the older AI lines need re-doing, the talent files need redoing on everything released prior to the F2 (they were largely just placeholder numbers), and of course some of the AI code needs activating, or finishing, as we don't use some of the parameters which are available. We also need to balance them, so that the fastest AI in one type of car matches the same human, roughly, when he drives against the AI in a different car. Right now 100% racing the 1960s cars, isn't 100% racing another series. We are aware of this stuff, I assure you, I test offline more than online (almost everyone else seems to test online). I just don't tend to have the time when the test sessions are running.

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

it's 120% strength mate!

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Again that's nothing exactly to do with the AI but the AIW of the track, you need to post about that in the relevant thread.

13. jtbo

jtbo Registered

My problem is that I don't know if AI code or my work is to blame, however now I know that I wait bit longer until I continue hitting my head against the wall as if AI paths are requiring updating, then there is chance that it will fix some of that behavior.

I think that That Mercedes classic sports car might have bit softer suspension and tires that are not racing slicks, maybe that will also lead to some changes to AI behavior, never knows.

Cars that I'm working with are of course bit 'wrong' kind for racing purposes, I doubt they never raced with Vista Cruisers for example, so it is always possible that I find some limitations which are not perhaps very possible to fix.

Around 2000kg, wheel rates closer to 1Hz than 2 and inertia near 5000, cg nearly 0.6 from ground, I would not be surprised that machine brains would get confused of such ride, turn wheel, wait, car starts to turn, can't do typical things ;)

14. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh ok, thanks.

15. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

16. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. sg333

sg333 Registered

So coming soon we may have some video of some content that's coming soon? :p

18. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... seems so 333...

Tim`s good at the teasing. :D

19. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Come on!!! GIVE US!

20. ThoKa

ThoKa Guest

The anticipation is killing me lol :)