The second update - Build 69

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 16, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Your first post said they were blanked out... So I no longer know which is correct.
    I think maybe three times so far in this thread it's been mentioned where to get the GT Mod. :D You get it the same place you got the other cars and tracks, from the downloads thread, in an rfmod file.
    No their physics didn't change, you either have a placebo effect, are running on a track with different grip levels, have a different setup or fuel load, or are otherwise mistaken due to a controller issue, or something else. If it's locking up the brake, have you checked your calibration? Checked your min and maxs for the brake? It sounds like your calibration on the throttle is messed up, too. If it feels like driving on ice, perhaps warm tires and rubber laid down are what you are missing.

Graphics are not final.

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Tim, I`m sorry if it sounds like misinformation. But I did everything I could think of to check things you suggesting. I did clean install of rF2 build 69, checked and reassigned my controls. Also, I`m running rF1 as always with no change. If it was my controller I would feel it immediately in rF1.
    May be default non rubbered surface grip was lowered for all tracks? Or may be physics simulation falls out of real time on my hardware (but it should not, FPS is 70-90). I don`t know... I hope with new updates it will get better.

3. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

No, I said they're blanked out *when offline*.

FWIW, If I'm online and start the launcher (the tabs will be active/illuminated) and then disconnect from the net, and click on the still illuminated "single player", it suggests my license file might be missing.

And btw, from the beginning it's always told me there's a problem with my tablet driver when I launch rF2. The tablet isn't connected either. There is wacom folder in the Application Data hidden folder. .rFactor is the only game folder in there. It's not .rFactor*2*, but presumably it's the right one as it was created when I reinstalled and re-authenticated on 21/3/12.

I've done nothing other than install build 69 originally with the launcher updater and GT mode to cause this problem.

4. michael1

michael1 Banned

I have only 1 prob for the tyres get far to hot an befor update they to cold thats it :) the rest of the sim is great all working perfect for me i am converting lots of formula cars in devmode and put all into main game ok.

5. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

I guess the next update will come this week. I have curiosity to see the changelog :p

6. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

First Update on 15.2, second on 14.3, third on 13.4?

7. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Tim
    It seems alot of these folks are installing the sim in places they WANT them installed.Myself being a beta I dont mess with where the sim goes.Use the default install and dont have any issues whatsoever.

8. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

hi, why is that a problem? and what issues are you talking about? :S

9. Silent_alarm

Silent_alarm Registered

I had some sort of issues with installing RFMOD files, but that fixed when i re-installed the game, and designated a bit different paths like:
    - *.*\rFactor 2\DATA for other than core files
    - *.*\rFactor 2\CORE for core files only.

That fixed up the things. And they are located at drive D:\

10. LeChuck

LeChuck Registered

I have rFactor 2 installed on my D partition, working fine.

11. MKD

MKD Registered

I have installed elsewhere, no issues to date... AND isn't testing thigs out kinda what beta phase is all about?

12. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

um...lol...yeah..but within reason. Choosing random directories or renaming files/directories doesn't count as "helping" I dont think ;)