The second update - Build 69

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 16, 2012.

1. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Its easy download the the say gt endurance mod once its finished cut and paste it to My Documents/rF2/Packages folder, then start the rf2 launcher goto manage mods, click file at top and point it to the packages directory then you list will refresh and you will see the gt mod in the list right click on it and install, and your ready to go :)

2. BasJon

BasJon Registered

I know your trying I just wanted to add it and I will email you later with screen shots of bug and tell you how we fixed it :)

3. Vien1

Vien1 Registered

Why do I lost FFB randomly with G25? Today practice and Quali was okay but then in race no FFB and had to retire. This happens very often in practice and qualifying also, when leaving pits. I haven't got this kind of issues in other games.

4. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Because rF2 is, um, still in beta? And we, the beta testers, have the privilege to annoy ISI with our bug reports :D

5. D!2T

D!2T Registered

This same thing used to happen in rF1 also randomly and it can be easily resolved by setting a 'Reset FFB' key in control options, the same as in rF2.

Then when you enter the car and don't feel any resistance on your wheel you simply hit the key you assigned and your FFB will return.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
  6. Vien1

Vien1 Registered

Okay, thanks alot. Useful information, now I don't have to quit from the race if this happens again :D

7. Baule

Baule Registered

I guess it is the same time of day, but the position of the light pole seems to be different.

8. Skyliner34

Skyliner34 Registered

Thanks once more Tim...
    After some testing, I can report that build 69 have one serious problem...
    Anything more than 9 AI drivers and the game stutters and sometimes in some mods, crash with an error...
    I've tried on Win7 64bit AND WinXP Pro (dual boot system) CPU core 7i 960, GPU GTX 480, with various drivers (forceware 280.26 to 296.10) with no luck...
    Above 9 AI drivers, the game is unplayable...
    Below or 'till 9 drivers, everything runs max out smoothly, without any problems.
    Build 49 never have a problem...

9. juggle

juggle Registered

Hey all,
    Been playing since comp sims from the Crammond days :D.
    All the issues i have come across,which are few, have been solved by solutions gleened from the forum.
    This build has dealt with the majority of issues and especially like the smoother/lag free view. Still have issues with force feedback with G27 but the soln will present itself. Attentive use of the forum will usually reap rewards.

Even in Beta this has to be the best around

Thank you ,but keep it coming ,

Mike

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Seems he didn't fix custom skins, he made the custom skins the default skins in your version of the rfmod.

11. 88mphTim

Ah you're right! :)

12. 88mphTim

As above, you did not use a custom skin. You made your skin the default skin in your own rfmod from what I understand. It's custom skins that has the bug. :)

13. Skyliner34

Skyliner34 Registered

Anyone with more than 9 AI drivers have a problem, or it's just me??:)

14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Things that haven't been mentioned before (?)

@Estoril:
    Well since 68 (also in 69) I get artifacts when having more than 6-7 cars in pits @Estoril. Looks like my gfx can't handle it, but that would surprise me a bit... (ATI 6780, not oc'ed)

Estoril to me is the worst track when it comes to performance. Looks like the large clip-planes (are there any? :p) kill the fps on the back straight and the cars in the pits on the front straight. Which is a shame because after seeing sean edwards helmet cam video I realized how good ISI's creation is.

@Stability and performance:
    Apart from that, I'm really happy with the new build and the new content. Had some ctd's in the beginning, but they disappeared after some time. My cpu bottlenecks the system so hdr and the other super-stuff is set to off atm. Maybe an ATI fix or overall performance improvements in some of the next builds will give me a tad more fps.

@Sounds:
    Can I mention that the highest engine sound sample on the GT1 is not loud enough? The growl from the bottom should go straight up into the highrevs. At least thats what I hear when watching some onboards. External sounds could use a lot more bass to me.

The GT4 on the other side has a "louder" last part in the high revs. From 7200-7400 or something like this. The rest is balanced but everytime I'm near the limiter I get that "louder" sample. It's a bit disturbing to me...

Overall the GT4 sounds louder than the GT1, which isn't right. Should be the other way around.

@SpecialFX:
    The mirage-effect should mirror/reflect the surroundings. Right now it looks just like a color-tone of white. It should also have a heat haze. Dunno if that is happening, didn't had a closer look for now....

Head Motion could use a little more tilt-angle in default. Most of the drivers tilt their head into a corner. rF & rF2 have the abillity, so why not using it like it should. (remember GameStockCars headphysics or the Matra from Pixsim?)

Ok thats it for now. Tried to give some feedback on things that haven't been mentioned before. Even when they are obvious.

@Tim: Looks like one of my quiestions got flooded in this thread. Maybe you can answere it later?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
  15. BasJon

BasJon Registered

I see what you mean now sorry yes because of the virtual mod they dont show bug but when same skins are added to public megane the screen bug appears, sorry for getting it wrong.
    Can I suggest something in rF1 when we did skins we had the windows there to, how about releasing the window template and if we add them in the same place where we put custom skins.

16. 88mphTim

No problem. :)

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

personally I would say every time a new build comes along start with a new PLR file, as things get changed, moved, added etc etc so its safe to start a fresh every time during Beta anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
  18. 88mphTim

That is what we advise. In fact if you truly want to make sure you are testing as intended, you could uninstall rf2 and freshly install with the full installer, making sure you delete everything except the .rFactor2 in appdata (so you don't have to reactivate) and the rfmod files (to save re-downloading).

19. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Thanks guys!

20. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Try what I did in documents/rF2/Controller I deleted all the files in there except the one I have saved and named since for me had no bugs with controller settings.