The second update - Build 69

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 16, 2012.

1. John Cheall

John Cheall Registered

Updated to v69 from v68 and now I can't get the sim to run. Nor can I make any changes to the 'configure sim' page, whatever I set there it always reverts to the default 800x600 res etc.
    When I try to run I get the message 'no mod files or installed mods found. unable to continue....'
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the mods without any progress, they are all listed as installed and the updater reports me as being version 69. Checking for updates tells me my sim is version 69. Cant think what more I can do to fix it, any ideas?

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That was a 68 bug but was fixed by 69. Very odd... Are you sure it is 69?

I can only really suggest uninstall and reinstall using the 69 full installer

3. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

hi,
    today i accelerated time in qualifying - then i changed something about the car-setup. when i wanted to save that changes the keyboard input when renaming was also accelerated - very funny... (and not necessary, i think)

regards
    rene

4. jim percy

jim percy Registered

Dont post much here but just wanted to mention that my experience with the recent updates has been very positive!
    Did an un-install of old build, then a complete reinstall of everything (and also changed to the latest official cat 12.2 drivers).
    I left the in game graphics settings as they were configured by rf2 (which includes shadows at high and opponent detail also high running 9 ai), set screen res to 1680x1050, aa to level 2, and turned hdr on in the configuration and am quite happily playing with frame rates between 30fps at start to a max of around 60fps,
    There is still the odd micro stutter occasionaly at race start but apart from that all is good for me running a single monitor.

I will add i play offline only at the moment,,,but am really happy with the progress isi have made since the first build!

5. Manta

Manta Registered

I used the previous builds of rF2 without problem. I just reformatted my pc and reinstalled rF2 by the build69 full installer and when I enter my details it says "License Not Found". The launcher is version 0.549. It says "hello [my name]" like it usually did, so my login details are correct but it no longer recognises my lifetime membership that I purchased in the earlier build.

6. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

I updated to 69 with the launcher OK. But after installing the GT Endurance mod I can't play offline anymore because "Single player" (and "Developer") are now both blanked out too when offline.

7. 88mphTim

Please send your rf order number to support.

8. 88mphTim

It should be impossible for that to happen... They are not connected to your connection.

9. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

Well, I've been playing build 69 for a few days offline, and just today installed the mod and that's what's happened; offline all 3 are blanked out now rather than just multiplayer. Any suggestions?

10. 88mphTim

If all three are greyed out then the folder in your appdata got deleted... Reactivate is what should bring them back.

11. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

The hidden "Application Data" folder (this is XP) is still there - contains .rFactor within which is rFactor.credentials, rFactor.name, rFactor.okay. And online they aren't greyed out and the launcher knows me. If you can't think of anything I suppose I'll have to delete the .rFactor folder and might as well reinstall the whole thing in case it's that instead....

12. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

Did a complete wipe and re-install before putting build 69 on my machine. Tested it, then upgraded to the nVidia 296 drivers and tested again. Unfortunately, still getting about 20 fps in the pit at Mills, though I get as high as 45 on the back part of the course. I lowered shadow quality but it hasn't helped very much. To reiterate, I had everything maxed on build 49 and rarely dropped below 60 fps at Mills.

13. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

Tim,

As I said it wasn't - assuming you mean the "Application Data" hidden folder - there doesn't seem to be an "appdata" folder as such in XP.

But anyway, I've now deleted that ".rFactor" folder from "Application Data" folder, uninstalled rFactor2, deleted the rFactor2 folder from documents + settings, and cleaned out the registry with CC of any rFactor2 remnants. I downloaded the 69 installer and all the content again. Reactivated, and......it's still the same; if I'm not connected to the internet, then the 3 panes under the simulate tab are blank.

14. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hello all

I can say that with this new update is a perfect
    Whether on the installation or addons (or mods circuits).
    BĂ©mole one :)
    Can not have it in French in the launcher.
    Aside from this, more greenish filter on my screen while a simple update FITRE was still there.
    So I say once again install the new patch on a clean new install

Tim thank you and your team.
    I do not regret my purchase on the contrary

15. Raikku

Raikku Registered

I updated but no GT-mod?

16. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Not sure if performance has improved with B69 over B60 (in terms of fps). But on my system at least it doesn't seem to have become worse so that's a good thing.

17. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

With update 60 I was more or less happy.

With 69 I don`t even want to drive any car. I thought something gone wrong with files and did clean reinstall. Didn`t help.
    Megane physics changed dramatically (and nothing documented about this in changelog). I really enjoyed it before, now it locks up on every serious braking, spins on exit of every corner, and weight transfer feels like some fat stockcar...
    Both Nissans behave and look awful. Again no low speed grip, like driving on ice.
    Formulas are OK-ish, but feel worse than in build 60.

HDR was really good before, now its overbright, I can not look on a screen with HDR ON, I need to shut my eyes.
    Overall, I prefer rF1 graphics with k_szczech`s shaders to rF2 graphics.

I`m really disappointed.

19. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

But of course you still remember this is beta and as Gjon (and other guys from ISI staff) mentioned, with each update things may change dramatically, there might be some positive changes but also some things might get worse.

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Of course. But since I`m a big fan of rF1, I want rF2 to be good also. So I decided to voice my opinion that some things going in wrong direction.