Released The February 2022 Update | Now Live

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 7, 2022.

1. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

Am I missing something? I've read posts here that the 3 cars and 1 track released can be purchased all together for a reduced price. I'm just not seeing this at the Steam store.

upload_2022-2-7_20-1-27.png

2. Havner

Havner Registered

It's literally on your screenshot ;-)
    2022 Q1 Pack. Upper right corner.

3. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

Man, I need to see my eye doctor! Thanks so much for your help.

4. Lethal

Lethal Registered

I did not understand

5. rlaycock

rlaycock Registered

Hi all
    Well done on the 4 x release today. I feel they are all great add-ons to the sim. I did not expect to like the Ligier but I love it as well. Best wishes
    Bob

6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Was the Norma update pushed out? Removed the folders and had it repull, but I'm still just getting up to v2.25.

7. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

It was. Try unsubscribe/subscribe from the workshop, that should trigger dl of the latest version

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I haven’t tested the BMW yet… how is the cockpit? Is it high quality as the Ferrari 488?

hpk likes this.
  9. Binny

Binny Guest

Road maps like blogs are probably no longer they just release what they release and we will have to accept it. That's what i see now.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I did see it get uninstalled, then re-installed, so SOMETHING must have been done.

11. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Tribalism, the New Normal.

Well, actually it's among the oldest of Normal's; we've just arrived at full circle. :p:D

12. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

I bought all 3 at the same time and the discount was rolled in. Just the IndyCar mod was worth the total cost.

13. Schumi

Schumi Registered

Yesterday I bought Indycar, today I bought a Daytona pack. First impression:
    - must try BMW now :)
    - Ligier looks very cool, but I hate him. I did some laps on Daytona and Sebring. I can't get the car to slow down properly. Other things being equal, the updated Norma feels great.
    - Indycar... this is what I've been waiting for for years. I am very pleased with this monster. But a caveat needs to be made here. The default settings for all types of aerokits are rubbish. Unbearable understeer for road, Speedway - I couldn't finish any laps on standard settings (oversteer, crash), Short track - overheating of the rear right wheel after 3-4 laps and an accidents. At the moment I have already solved the problem on short ovals, but it took me more than 120 laps on Iowa. Now I already understand where to go according to the car settings, but for a beginner it will be a disaster. A big request to make a detailed description of the car settings. It can be seen that work in this vein has already begun, but many parameters still do not have any description. Otherwise, I give 5 stars to the new Indicar. This car will definitely spend tens of hours of my free time. Great! Many thanks!

Emery, Lars and atomed like this.
  14. Schumi

Schumi Registered

UPD. After today's Indycar update, car #27 has disappeared. Bring Rossi back!!!
    @Paul Jeffrey

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    Lars likes this.
  15. Anthony Lineberry

Anthony Lineberry Registered

Great job everyone at S397! Fantastic updates recently with the new UI and this Q1 pack! Can't please everyone, but just keep doing what you're doing :)

TrigMan59 and Lars like this.
  16. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Yeah, basing solely on the past, usually the response from S397 was (if any) that they are looking into it or it’s on a TODO list, then another year passed and we get no updates. But occasionally, you hear that some feature/fix is not planned in foreseeable future. Also occasionally there are some positive surprises like the new UI, so you never know.
    Things are changing, S397 is under MSG group now, so you never know if there will be any change with the way roadmap is communicated( but yeah I wouldn’t put my money on it) .
    Also looking optimistically, they are hiring physics dev so if he’s going to work on gMotor 2.5 engine, maybe long standing issues/ features will be addressed in rF2.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  17. dav_0075

dav_0075 Registered

thanks you studio 397 the new features are fantastic... top quality and superb sensations at the wheel and dynamic chassis... if the progress continues like this soon I will have a lot of trouble returning to the other simulations

TrigMan59 likes this.
  18. grudevart

grudevart Registered

Are after 2022 Q2 Pack release, the Q1 Pack dissaper form Steam, or it will be still avaliable with the same price?
    And aslo great work with new UI, and all updates!!

19. green serpent

green serpent Registered

@Paul Jeffrey What are the chances of an official online server with the new BMW GT3? I thought this would have been a no-brainer.

I'm enjoying the CS Alpine server, but there are no races...

Carlos Eduardo Araujo likes this.
  20. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

• Fixed issue where users couldn’t scroll down in the setup list.
    I’m baffled. Is this the fix for VR whereby the setup listing screen has the 1Hz reset bug and you can’t scroll down the setup list because it resets (also mouse response is hammered - hard to move/select anything)???

We were racing last night so I checked my install - I’m showing as being on the RC in the Betas list so I thought this fix (if that’s what the bullet point alludes to) would be in place….

…but it’s still broken. Any clarification on this?