The A.R.I 1960's Monte Carlo Extravaganza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dany Mitchel, May 14, 2012.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

about 19.00 GMT today 20 may server dissapeared for me. My connection problem?

2. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

I just checked and I can't see the server either. I know Durge Driven was having problems with his server
    and the list of servers is noticeably smaller now so I wonder if it is all related. Anyway, no it's not just you
    Nikos, I have the same problem.

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yes, 2/3rds of servers dissapeared. Thnx Andy.

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Guys, my speed seems reasonable now and hitting the walls is much less :)
    I want the join but am not sure how my school and job are working out; don't know if I can really join the race so I don't sign up for now.
    But may I join the server to test? See how it goes and if I am annoying, I will know so and surely won't sign up :)

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

navigator my speed is unreasonable and im hitting the wall all the time.
    Nevertheless everybody is friendly and having a good time, so, only excusse for not joigning can be bad time table:)

6. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

Hi Navigator, I'll echo what Nikos said, just come along and have fun. Today I spent some time
    just jumping into the faster guys cars to watch them to get tips, it can be worth it for that. How
    those guys take that chicane without lifting is a mystery to me but a fun one to try and solve.

The server seems to be down or have problems at the moment but for most of today we had
    between 10-15 people on at a time, it's great fun!

Hopefully the problem will be sorted out soon and we will see you online.

Cheers
    Andy

7. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Server is on but not showing in the list, no idea why but should be back on soon.

@Andy, I don't think it's possible to go flat through the chicane but there is certainly no need to change down. You can roll though and keep your foot on the accelerator around 20% or more when you get it right. The faster you go the narrower the gap seems and that's a problem:)

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks guys, I will try that as soon as I have some time (sadly, thats not often enough ;) ) and I can't wait!

About that chicane; flat out....pffff.....I did it once with just a minimum of lifting; 25% lift (lets say) and for two seconds and then I almost wetted my pants......
    That's one time it worked, but when I try it normally, it ends up with me needing a diver :)

9. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

Flat out thru chicane! Lol :D no but really i do it every time well unless when I hit the hey bails of course but i still do it

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

i do it flat out in 1st, so there!

11. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

people, take care with that chicane or a few will make it to the end. :p
    I always prefer to do a slight braking, get a clean entry and be soon on the throttle again. If I try to get "too fast, too late" I find myself getting to the "jump" curve at a lower speed.

12. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Hi Guys back from my stag weekend and keen to get our next event under our belt 6 days to go well excited let hope the Match maker system is working again by then

this tread hit 10,033 views today Yea Boy!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
  13. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Matchmaker has a problem at the moment. ARI Server will be back online as soon as the problem is fixed. In the mean time... get back to work:p

14. Slic Sam

Slic Sam Registered

Hi all,

Slic Sam reporting in on ARI pre race action from Monaco.

With only 3 days to go before the first official practice things are heating up or should I say cooling down:cool: Seems a lot drivers can't take the heat at the Chicane and are opting for a dip in the sea. Scores of 8, 8.5 and even some 9's have been recorded with a degree of difficulty around 4.5 depend on the splash.

T1 one also posing some problems and Boys being Boys they just can't work out that 10 don't go into 1, still time to work it out drivers:confused: or is it just a guy thing?? Time will tell.

As for fast laps Cooper seems to have topped the tables thus far and showing great potential with Ceglia, Vitto, Haulass, Ferguson and a multitude of drivers on his heels.

Finishing is going to be there biggest problem:rolleyes: if I was a gambling man and I'm clearly not I would keep an eye on nikos, Andy R, Tartif, DrR1ppr these guys are finishers and will be hard to beat.

Slic Sam signing out.

15. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

yeah baby bring it on!!!!!

16. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Yesterday I joined for the first time the ARI server. It was great to learn from other drivers how to and how not to go through the chicane. I learned to do it just by easing off the throtle and using the only line available, and that means an extra second per lap faster than how I used to do it. :eek:
    I learned that 3/4 of the grid don't make it to the end (in 10 min races, so this sunday is going to be worse). :(
    I learned that you have to be very careful at the start going through the first curve and the following uphill. Some drivers try to overtake there... :eek: hey guys, trying to overtake in the "not straight and narrow" uphill will only end in disaster, for the ones who try it and for the ones who are coming behind. The race is long enough to try to overtake when the road is less busy. ;)

Slic Sam, why Sara Carbonero in your avatar? :eek:

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Impatient youngsters ts ts ts...
    (btw Sam, you got Dr all wrong)

18. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Just on racing and T1 Monaco. Last night was great fun in the Server and we had many races with mixed results. Some guys are experienced and some are new to bigger grid style racing or League racing.

Some points of interest to help make the racing even better:
    T1 is tight at the start. Lights go green... on approach you have to be able to way up a couple of options. Can I win the corner Yes or No? If Yes.. hold your line if No, yield. If your in doubt than your not fully aware of where others are. Yielding can seem a bad option but at this point of the race with 19:50 on the clock remaining you have made your first good decision and given yourself a great chance of finishing.
    The chicane you take at your own risk and given the fact it's pretty hard to pass at Monaco accuracy before speed could be the difference between winning and drinking salt water.

Remember in these kind of events (Fun races) are much more fun to battle than spectate without stating the obvious:p

Thanks for the kick Slic:eek:

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
  19. jjcook

jjcook Registered

Thanks Fergy- this set has me finishing laps very well now- very stable set-up for me - i can go all wrong in the chicane and still manage to get it back on the exit- dont know how you did it - but - its way better than what i was doing on my own :)

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

yes, setup 2 is fine for me too.
    I only add 65/35 on brakes.