The A.R.I 1960's Monte Carlo Extravaganza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dany Mitchel, May 14, 2012.

1. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Graham Hill describing Monaco 1968

interesting how he talks about the "jump" curve and how you must brack before reaching the jump unless you want to have your radiator broken.

2. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Happy to help:D

3. Fergy

Fergy Registered

You have to give ISI a pat on the back, it's just as he describes it. Amazing stuff..

4. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

I'm using Bryan's 'setup 2' as well with the same change that nikos makes, I'm far too
    indelicate with the brake pedal at the moment, it took me a little while to switch to
    it but I started to get a bit faster (thanks Bryan).
    Nothing like as quick as Martin and some of the other guys were getting but my times
    I'm happy I can consistently do for 10 minutes, I hope I can manage 20.

We've been having some great races on the server recently, last night was great fun,
    unfortunately I had to leave before too many races.
    I did hear a rumour at work today that I may have to work Sunday, I hope that doesn't
    happen I've been looking forward to this one.

One more thing Bryan or Dany, the link between server and website looks down, website is fine but
    the server status shows 'Offline', I just checked and it is up.

5. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I liked that thanks for posting it......the "jump" is my biggest time lose for me atm ill be on pace throughout the first two sectors than in S3 my time drops off almost a full second! and i suspect its @ the JUMP..... just gotta keep practicing I will try what Mr. Hill has said to do ;)

6. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Thanks Andy, where looking at it now.

7. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

ok ok .....i know that its a long shot buuuut if an update comes out this weekend I would assume that anyone running in the fun run should't update?

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

good question...if it comes lol

9. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Lets wait and see.

10. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Ok Guys the time is getting near I have been working flat out on the league system and I am nearly getting there
    You can now go to the league site http://www.league.sr4l.com/index.php?dataarray[dest]=resstats&dataarray[IDseason]=4
    and see some data from a test season I set up to help me configure the system
    now only 4 drivers are listed that is because I had to use and Race results XML to edit these account and change the names of the drivers listed in the xml only 4 of the guy signed up to the league was in the XML i used
    So it is very important that all drivers signed up to the League my attend at least 1 od the 2 practice events on the

25th may Friday
    or 26th may Sat

this will allow me to get all of the other Drivers data entered in to the system before Sunday
    If I do not get this information I can not upload the results until at least mid week as I will have to use the Sunday Nights Race Results to set up the system with and this takes time
    you can see that Bryan Got a DQ for not Pitting In so it is good to know that the Marshall dose not need to watch every player make a stop if they do not stop they get a DQ

I will update the 1st post with drivers who are in system and check and working OK

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2012
  11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

'Data Now Being Tracked'?
    So CIA, FBI, NSA are after ME???

12. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Hey, I'm the list :eek:

Don't garantee I'll be able to take part in the friday and saturday practice sessions, I'll be able to join the server but will be busy with the family so there's a big chance I'll have no/very few time to drive in those sessions. I hope being there in the pits will be enough with the statistics.
    Sunday won't be missed, for sure. :cool:

13. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

If your already being tracked then your not obliged to enter any off the practice laps this is only for drivers than I have not had the chance to get a race result X ML from so I do not have the right information that I need to complete the league software

the Guys who are tracked can be seen here you do not need to be in any of the practice race but your free to join as always

http://www.league.sr4l.com/index.php?dataarray%5Bdest%5D=resevent&dataarray%5BIDrace%5D=3&dataarray%5BIDseason%5D=4

and here is the XML on the site showing the same thing

http://www.league.sr4l.com/backend.php?mode=raceres&raceid=3&classid=7&lang=english

so you can see it will be quite good once we have run a few races and I have Ironed out all the bugs in the system

14. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

15. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

I do not think that is 1968 that footage seems more like 1958 the uploaded might of have a typo but very intresting to see it is the exact same track as we are diving the cars in our mod are either not 1968 or the footage is not 1968 look at the cars driving around

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok So I had some say they are going to drop out Due to Wireless Broadband and Rules we have in Place I should of really checked these more and made sure they where more up to date these have been around for a long time and where actually written for a Nas Car League and oval racing
    I have now amened the rules to be more up to date Wireless connection now are not like they used to be and I know that a 2MBs line speed can be raced with up to 30 drivers
    so new rules are as follows

under Section:

Warp:

1 If connection issues continue during a race please take upon yourself to take yourself out. If you do not and your asked to leave and you do not leave you will receive a one-race suspension. Remember part of being in this league is contingent upon you being able to connect to the server. wireless connections need to beable to maintain a Stable 2Mbs. We Would prefer You to be wired to your modem and/or router.

Disconnects 1 If you lose your connection you can not rejoin (The Sim will not let you).

1 person likes this.
  16. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Dany your a top man thankyou!:D

17. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

No Problem just trying to find like minded people

All Drivers please update your games before Sunday the server will be updated on the 24th May 10am

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

really nice to come home late from work and see so many people in the server. Addictive!!!

Danny can u please elaborate about what we should do?
    Update 4 tommorow Friday?
    Update be4 Sunday?

19. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Update guys:) Server will be updated in the morning:D

20. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

you can update when you like our server is already running the latest version so if you would like to race in our server you will need to update your game to
    once updated you will not be able to race in old servers that have not been updated

Recap: Our Server Is Now Running Latest Version