The A.R.I 1960's Monte Carlo Extravaganza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dany Mitchel, May 14, 2012.

1. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

I registered as "HellBrasil" to participate, but did not received an email to activate my account.
    what shall I do?

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

that chicane is not evil at all. It was purposely made for us slow guys to have a chance.
    So, fast guys, pleeease go go go in there;)
    (hate the ramp though)

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

It happened to me too, it was inside spam folder as OP said.

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Dany, if ur still wondering, I see my name on the list, I suppose everything is ok, dont know if my PMs reached u, I sure got urs.

5. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I try to login but it says account not activated. I received the email from the admin with instructions on how to proceed to sign up for the event so I guess something is wrong

6. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Check your spam folder
    I will resend you the emails you are signed to the website I can see your name

what name did you sign up to according to the list on the website there is only 3 more drivers signed up on the league site but not in a event yet
    they are

Paul_Ceglia - I Now Know Who this
    D1Racer
    HellBrasil - I know who this is

and all these drivers are active members so if one of them is you try logging in again
    you might of tried before I activated you

remember CHECK YOUR SPAM if our email is in there add us to your allowed/not spam listing so you do not miss any important emails

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
  7. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I'm working off my android tablet I did get your email but there was no link in it to activate. earlier today I signed up at the m-forums site with the same name and I'm able to login over there

8. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

league site I activate you and it is done no email for you to click
    just an email to explain the hoe to sign to an event
    as the user interface can be a bit over whelming due to its weird lay out but once you have sign to one event it is simple
    and you can always full back to the email or user manual to help you again if you forget

9. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Fuel Consumption is set to x7
    Anybody knows whether one pitstop will be enough to end the race?
    I'm too busy this week to even think of practicing.

10. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

yes it is all setting we put up are tested. If anything we reckon drivers that are slower could get around with out having to pit that is why we made it mandatory to have to pit and make a full set of 4 tyre change you really want to run 80ltr on the start

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
  11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

May I ask guys, what times do you drive in this car on this track?
    I just want to see if it is any use for me to join. I am a fair racer and as such, I don't want to be the driving chicane ;)

12. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

there will be drivers of all levels racing so don't worry about ;) 1 35s to 1 44s is what to expect

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hmm, I'm in between that so I can over think participating than :)
    It wouldn't be nice to others if I was 15 seconds slower.
    Thanks!

14. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I thought it would be nice to share setups with everyone so that we can all either compare, use or improve upon each others. I'm continuously working on my own to see if i can get something better out of it but have come to a bit of a brick wall. I don't know how to squeeze much else out of it, though i am very much a noob at setups and this a bit of a jerry rigged job from a mix of other peoples setups and then some of my own tweaking to try and bring down the time. Lap times have been fairly consistent within 1 second. The fastest recorded time i've managed to pull with this setup is a 1.36.4 yesterday in the ARI practice session with many drivers online so the track was heavily rubbered in.

It's here for anyone who wishes to compare, use or improve it. Please give feedback if you have any, especially if you liked it and improved it. I am eager to learn but I know the road is long so any helping hands along the way is ofc mucho appreciated.

View attachment 2400

Fyi, thus setup is a little slippy and has a little more tendency towards oversteer. I find that if i tweak the car's handling characteristics in that direction I can get around the first corner with around 82 mph instead of 75 with relatively the same turning radius. How this affects the remaining track corners i'm not entirely sure.

Does anyone know if there is software to record racing telemetry around a track and then make comparisons of the two?

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
  15. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I have no setup to share as I'll have no time to practice till next week. I'll try to look for a set up where the car is more handfull when loaded, so that is how the race will start. Don't know what lap times I'll be able to do constantly.

There's a plug in in this forum for telemetry recording, can't remember the name.

16. Fergy

Fergy Registered

17. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

motec!........sorry MoTeC

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
  18. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Wow....that's some piece of software. Thanks!

19. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

View attachment 2405

Also had 4 other people test it and saw improvements to their lap times. Give it a twirl.

And thanks for the plugin....really helpful for identifying areas around the track to work on.

Is it normal that motec shows no steering angle and braking pressure?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
  20. MaxRotax25.2

MaxRotax25.2 Registered

Ive managed a 1.34.4, but its inmensly hard. That chicane and the left hander '' jump '' are the problems. But most if not all will be on a 35-43 times. Obviously the faster you go, the harder it is to do a better lap time. :)