Texas World Speedway - 1.00 Release

Discussion in 'Locations' started by PlickBadger, Apr 21, 2013.

1. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

2. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Tx sir I will try that :)

Didn't work turning detail up :(

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
  3. ifrans

ifrans Registered

I have a ATI card but it works fine for me with the corvette, details at medium/low, and with everything maxed out. I recently did a new clean install of RF2.

4. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Thanks for this! It works fine with my ATI card

5. joempie

joempie Registered

Thank you! :)

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Ah, quoting myself is a first for me ;)

This track is pretty good and I enjoyed a lot to race on it against AIs! I had no issue with AI strength as I always change their settings for each track, and even ISI track need some adjustment regarding AIs. Same remark for the road textures resolution like I read here, but this apart, it's a great track! :)

Thanks a lot! :)

7. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I have a ATI HD 4870, tried the 3.0 layout with the Skip Barber and no CTD at all.

Thanks for the track. :)

8. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

9. tjc

tjc Registered

10. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Not a big fan of oval but really like the other layouts and the road surface feels great in lots of cars. Thanks for this release :)

11. bassweight

bassweight Registered

Just ran it in the GTR @ 7PM in-game time. Looks and drives amazingly, thanks!

12. gplayonline

gplayonline Registered

Well done PB and thank you for that great combination of layouts!

13. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Just tried that too turning FXAA on and HDR on No luck. Oh well. :(

14. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Just for grins, try a clean install of 198 lite into a different directory (rFactor2_Testing or something) and then just install TWS and the vettes. Only if you're not totally frustrated by now :) Sorry you're having issues with the track.

15. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Thanks for all the feedback. So far the main thing I'm hearing is that the 512x512 road textures are too low resolution and the AI could be stronger. I'll redo the low res road textures for the next update and also see what I can do about AI.

It would be really helpful if ISI would release AIW documentation for the new editor. Fast path tuning has me bum fuddled in the new version.

16. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

OK I will try that Im not giving up yet Bud.:confused:

That worked so this track must have a conflict with one of the other tracks I have installed. Like I said before, I have the tracks that Ariel's torrent has in it.

17. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

Love the tracks; thank you very much for your work!

The few things I've noticed in the past few days:

I have had no practical problems; all versions of the track have worked for me and framerates are solid with everything maxed out.

The lighting or color of the road seems strange... it's as white as a salt flat in the sun. Only the "overcast" profile seems to do anything about it, and that one has the effect of making any weather condition look overcast. So, for me, the tracks are beautiful on a cloudy day; everything else is a sun-bleached whiteout. When the sun is occluded by cloud, the track looks normal. I think it's the direct-sun-illumination thing that's been making some roads glow white even when there ARE clouds.

The RealRoad files were a brilliant addition! (Along with the HDR profiles). Kudos to you! The only problem is, as far as I have been able to see, every one of those RealRoad profiles, is, on my machine, exactly the same as "Green". There is no rubber. No color. No grip from invisible rubber. In fact, I can see the rubber which is not there begin to build up within five laps with 12 AI... so the RealRoad effects are working, and the rubber is visible--- but for me, there simply is none there with the included profiles. I have been carefully matching the profile to the track, and I've tested all but two of the layouts--- I swear there's no rubber there. But, I haven't heard anyone else mention this yet...

Anyone else seeing this?

On a final note, I wouldn't call this a bona-fide flaw, it's more a matter of opinion... About the grass. And dirt. The offroad generally. I think it's too slick. I know, I know--- off road is slippery in a race car. But you guys should know what I'm talking about--- on some tracks it feels realistically slick, where one can still have some chance of driving on it; and on some tracks, it simply is too slippery to be real. I don't feel that the offroad on TWS is insane; just that it's a little too slippery. I even see the AI rocketing around trying to get back on track.

I mention this because I've noticed lately on some tracks the off road portions are not quite as slippery as other tracks--- and it's a real enhancement to the realism. A lot of you probably know what I'm talking about... grass is slippery, sure, but it can also be driven on. On some of these tracks, it's literally slicker than ice. I don't think TWS is like that, but I did notice that it's not quite in that sweet spot yet where even the grass and dirt feels "just right". It would be a perfect addition to make it so; rejoining the track, depending on where you go off, is not very realistically possible right now.

18. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

@Isarmann - great feedback. I'll try and figure out what's up with the roads being washed out and the slipperiness of offtrack.

As far as the rubber files, I know they work. One thing you might want to check is if you're setting it in the right session. I do this all the time, rF2 UI defaults to the race session, so make sure you're activating the rubber files under practice, etc... let me know this helps

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I tried a session just to see the track, the problem is that the rubber files have a name for each layout of the track, but when we launch the track we have no way to know which layout is which since the individual layouts are not named when we choose the track.

20. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Thanks for the track! I like the looks and atmosphere a lot, seems pretty realistic. As oval guy I couldn't help notice turns 2 and 3. It seems like the banking is way too flat at those areas. Especially turn 2 seems really odd as the banking goes flat while the turn tightens. I haven't tried with NASCAR style cars but I am sure it requires heavy braking coming out of the turn 2, while you only should brake coming in to turn 1. Considering how close TWS is to Michigan configuration but with greater banking, you shouldn't brake at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJasuIF9Nj4

You can see from the video that the banking goes all the way to the backstretch. I wish you could address this issue as apart from this the track is great :) And I want go pedal to the metal!