So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yusupov

yusupov Registered

arent u asking "if we were god, why wouldnt we be god'? i dont get it. anyway as you say...

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

It was a rhetorical question, but to answer your question, I didn't say "if we were god, why wouldn't we be god?", but rather, "if we were god, why wouldn't we be able to be god?" (to put it in the sort of terms you used) :)

The ISI programmers are basically the gods of how everything behaves/interacts/works etc. (physics) in rFactor world.

The developers (and to a certain extent , players) are the gods of how everything behaves/interacts/works etc. in the game The Sims

And so on and so on.

Think of that but a gazillion times more complex.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I thought you are ISI dev, I looked closer that icon and you are not, sorry my mistake.

I have asked Nvidia, statement from Nvidia is that it is game issue and there is nothing they can do.

4. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

One thing to claim, quite another to prove....i wouldn't buy into all the quantum quackery that's out there as some of it relies on mathematical assumptions sans any means to empirically validate.

5. Minibull

Minibull Member

It's not quantum "quackery", more just a matter of dealing with information on a stupidly intense level that is bloody near impossible to comprehend.

Sort of similar to those simulated reality ideas is the idea that we don't have free thought. Again, if you had a monumental computing power, and you simulated someones life down to the complete details of the world they live in, you would see the simulated person making the same decisions in life as the real one. From the basis of our genes, everything that happens to us is just a function of information processing by our brains.

To uh...bring that back to pCars...it would be simple processing for my simulated self.
    If it goes on sale for under 30 bucks and gets some patches, I'll buy it XD

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Nikola Tesla, that's all I'm going to say ;)

P.S. It blows my mind, absolutely makes my head want to explode that after, what, 4 years? PCars doesn't even have proper multi-monitor support. I know that 99.9% of game's don't, but at the same time, 99.9% of sims do (Anything based on the RF1 engine [RF1, FT, SCE, ASR, etc.], RF2, IR, AC, LFS, possibly NKP [can't remember]). Therefore there may be something in the core game/graphics engine that makes this almost impossible, if not impossible, to program in. If that's the case, then SMS are seriously a bunch of tools.

I know that the pre-RF1 ISI engines aren't able to do proper multi-monitors either (etc. F102, F1CH99-02, etc.). Therefore the games based on pre-RF1 ISI engines aren't able to do it (R3E, R07/RI/GTRE, GTL, GTR 1/2). Does anyone know if the PC engine is originally based on the ISI engine (but massively edited from the very core like, for eg. R3E)? Even so, with the ability/rights/license to alter the core's engine, I don't understand why this couldn't have been programmed in, I mean, ISI were able to program it into the RF1 core in an RF1 update.

It just blows my mind that R3E and PC are still not capable of this in 2015 even if they are indeed based on pre-RF1 ISI engines (unlike Rieza, I believe Simbin, Blimey, Sector 3, SMS, had/have the rights to alter the core ISI engine itself).

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  7. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

One and only game with Multiview UI as it supposed to be is iRacing.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

U.I.?? What's your point? :) Multiview still also works perfect in RF2, RF1, AC, NKP (I think), SCE, FT, ASR, LFS, etc.

9. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Multiview U I= Multiview User Interface.

I have ultra wide gaming monitors (6000x1080) and rFactor2 forces me to use Fov 17-19 to get my side monitors lined up, when I am forced to do this draw distance on the track is too short and feeling of the speed is too low. Bezel correction is also missing. When I am using windows option to this and use ctrl+f to look at my fps I can not see the numbers it is hidden behind the bezel.
    You may say that this is only nonsense but it is not, if I take a screen shot everything looks fine but it is actually not how image looks in my monitors,scaling is wrong. New rFactor2 User Interface has option to fix this issue video res./widescreen width and it seems that ISI is aware of this problem but I don`t think this is the right solution, lowering widescreen width (resolution) gives you much worse picture quality.

AC multiview user interface is working fine but best in the business is iRacing. You find loads of options from iRacing multiview user interface, monitor width Including bezel (mm), Visible width excluding bezel (mm)etc.etc....

PS. Please guys don`t spam me about this, it is not relevant at all with comments like it is minimal % who has this problem, I like also to play best sim there is as it is meant to be played. :)

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Sorry, I don't understand any of your problems. I have RF2, GSC, IR, and AC and multiview works spot-on in all of them :)

11. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Sorry, I don`t understand you, if Multiview works for you it don`t mean that it may work to everybody else, if you don`t understand how windows bezel correction works with rFactor2 it is impossible to explain anything for you.

Please explain why we have this option, new rFactor2 User Interface > Options > video res. > widescreen width. Seems that ISI is aware of this problem with scaling, do you agree?

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  12. Golanv

Golanv Registered

What sorcery is this?

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Presumably WhiteShadow doesn't have his side screens facing him directly, which is required for rF2's multiview to look correct. Proper support (which has been mooted in the past by ISI, but we haven't got yet) would allow you to alter the angles it draws to suit your screen angles (and positions), rather than the other way round.

14. yusupov

yusupov Registered

this mayve just been me :D or maybe some others think alike.

if i had to compare it to another sim (racing game) rf2 is the one i think is the closest fit. what i find most interesting tho is the way grip is modeled, both have a lot of slip & alot of slack (pcars much moreso than rf2). both use "really complex" tire models that might end up giving 'synthetic'/'objective' results to how tires should behave as opposed to what simpler models might do, which (maybe) rely on intuition & feel. if anyone t hinks theres anything to that theory at all id be interested, bc idk the slightest about tire models or how the information is really obtained & processed, but my very basic understanding from niels H. video is that rf2 somehow determines tire characteristics by computer algorithm vs by hand, similar to what ive read about SETA (? or w/e its called).

in the end its all data & numbers that i dont understand so im not sure what the actual distinction is, i only know there is one bc the devs themselves say so, & what i take to be the 'synthetic' model has tires operating at suboptimal grip alot more often than the simpler models. unless iracing is as complex/similar in structure to sms/rf2 in which case, theory is shot dead already

15. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes I do have my have my side screens facing to me directly :)

16. Emery

Emery Registered

In other words, rF2 uses an optimum monitor angle for multiview, but people (being people) want more variance, want the ability to select sub-optimal angles for their monitors. iRacing & AC support that.

For monitor bezel width, both AMD & nVidia provide you the opportunity to set that in the graphics driver. ISI chooses not to duplicate that functionality and iRacing & AC choose otherwise. People (still being people) prefer to not use the video driver (probably using a windowed mode?).

17. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

When I am using windows option = NVIDIA Control Panel > Spam displays with Surround > configure > Bezel Correction V1 V2 to this and use ctrl+f to look at my fps I can not see the numbers it is hidden behind the bezel, Mode: Fullscreen.

:)

18. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Some recommended viewing

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

WhiteShadow, there is a bezel peek shortcut in the Nvidia surround settings, press it if you can't see something due to the bezel corrections.

Like emery said, multiview works perfect in RF2, RF1. It isn't as customizable from the game's POV, but the user can do that himself (adjust monitor angle, adjust FOV, adjust distance between eyes and monitors).

Furthermore, if you use a realistic in-game FOV, then I believe RF2 should work out to be 45 degrees for the outer monitors.

I've had 3 different triple screen setups (Samsung PX2370, ASUS VG248QE, BenQ XL2720T), two operating systems, many GPUs (AMD and Nvidia), three CPUs, 4 motherboards, and so on; multiview has always worked perfect for me so I highly doubt it's an issue of working with some systems but not with others. It's just down to user setup since it doesn't have as many customize-able options. And, yes, very small portions of the UI may get cut-off at times, but that's seriously nitpicking, even more-so considering the bezel-peek hotkey option which Nvidia offers (and I'm guessing AMD aswell).

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yawn I think that's the problem.

Too much reading, debate, worry and not enough driving.

You can't tell what you like most through the seat of "your" pants..........Give UP ! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.