SIM RIG on Front page of yahoo!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mitt Wilson, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

2. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

YEH WOOHHHHHH RF2 IS THE BEST!

accept.............what was featured in your link isn't rfactor 2, but a software based on the soon to be Released Asseto Corsa.

source:
    http://www.bsimracing.com/2012/08/assetto-corsa-kunos-simulazioni-visits-evotek-motion-simulator/#.UEuOgo1lTnh

you're right though, sales might shoot up. But they'll shoot up for the best simulation game out - which will be Asseto Corsa, not rfactor 2.

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

LOL the "mine is better than yours" stuff again :D

4. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

No not starting that! Im just saying that with such a Huge exposure on Yahoos front page people will want to Inquire about this "Sim Rig" and hopefully will dig a little deeper than that $90k price tag that the Rig goes for and want to get into Sim Racing!

As far as the Above comment- As I stated in another thread- "NO OTHER SIM MOVES UNLESS ISI RELEASES CONTENT!" :)

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

6. Domi

Domi Registered

AC is releasing stuff every week, I don't understand that sentence.

7. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

90K sounds a bit steep for the sim, though I didn't read up on what controllers they were using and what wheel so that might be a portion of it. I am also guessing that it is a motion sim as the article seems to indicate this and that would make the ride about 7k to 8k without the cockpit. Would love to find out what screens they are using as those seem to work out pretty well, though for that kind of money I would have expected to see a projector display setup to eliminate the lines where the bezels are. It also appears that the monitors are a bit low, but that might be due to the camera being used to take the stills.

All in all I am pretty sure I can recreate that without the active rear suspension for less than 50k, but will have to have a look around to find out for sure, not that I have 50k to being throwing at a sim racing rig at the moment, heheh.

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Something better than this can be built for £15000 / $27500

Have no idea how this can be priced at 90k -that's a joke

No way would I swap mine for this although it's still a nice set up, the monococks very nice

9. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Whatever it cost me to build and setup. I would double that as the sale price.

Have to figure you are going to sell what? 2-3 a year? The amount of effort in just marketing something like that would take up months of time. May as well get paid to do it.

10. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Your a Fan of Inflation huh lol Thats telling Starbucks to charge $7.00 for some coffee ...ohh wait lolol

11. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I am guessing the guys that are selling that rig for 90K are the same guys that sell hammers to the US military for 20k each, heheh.

12. coops

coops Banned