Sim Racing servo ffb systems : OSW & Bodnar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

love this graph, the angles are around a stable coefficient but the thrust torque insatiable could be boosted I feel with more transitional phase pulse width ( onset 254. x2 *if above 25400 depository that is )
    is there any way we could add a blue line ?

good work, but more colours please

( blue is my favourite colour you see, text not needed in future please )

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

p.s any highly qualified servo engineers that hang around these parts know anything about bread makers ?

3. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

lol. I don't know why this gets on your nerve so much that it causes you to behave like a child but whatever. :)

Might i suggest you try forcing your beliefs to conform to the evidence of reality, rather than the other way?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
  4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

If i'm not mistaken, sim-pie will be an external MOSFET driver stage to boost the overall current capacity possible with the IONI.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Dosnt get on my nerves at all drripper, actually becoming entertaining, carry on please

-re.child , my last couple of posts are "jokes" Chill dudie

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Comfirmed -small mige & large mige interchangeable -only change is in software, swap of settings file in Granity, reprofile MMOS
    ( I'll be now getting both small & large, I intend to use each for a few weeks )

another iracing member starting his build ( using large mige ) I'm interested in following his progress
    +going to look into earthing of system to rig ( + earthing rig )

[​IMG]

been experimenting for a few months having a buttkicker mounted on my rig close to my wheel surprisingly really great results, it's like the icing on the cake
    ( engine rpm , impact , wheel lockup effects only using simvibe ) I'm making a custom bracket for it for a permanent attachment
    I seem to be able to detect the distance of vibration unit from my steering

noticed CXC has had a similar idea :
    ( the added bearing which I'm sure is to help protect servo shaft from people constantly using the steering wheel to get in & out of their rigs, although the shafts in these servos are very strong, IMO not really needed on a home setup + I prefer to have no additional bearings / shafts connected )

[​IMG]

be great to get another instalment from Barry this week ( sim racing garage )

7. PaulG

PaulG Registered

Good stuff, Adrian.

8. mark7

mark7 Registered

Hi all, well now a fully paid up member of the DD owners club!
    Had a good day yesterday at Leo Bodnars workshop and learnt a lot of intersting stuff about FFB.
    Will post later with more info got to get back to racing!

9. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Glad you like it......enjoy and have fun......but indeed please do post with all the info you like to share, i will be following it with great interest.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

enjoy it mark!
    agreed with eddy post info ( what did you learn on the workshop ? )
    + what adjustability is available in your system ?

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

OSW kits about to ship, this pic shows all parts as they are included ( minus 1 item which is the custom circuit board )

[​IMG]

these are the mige kits from Ollie -as I've ordered etc
    purchaser has to find an enclosure ( any mini atx PC case is fine ),
    a wheel QR if required,
    steering wheel,
    power lead to own country

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
  12. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I thought he could supply a complete solution where you just receive a motor with cables and an assembled enclosure? Or
    is that also possible but for a certain assembly fee?

13. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Is that a 600W - 48V psu? Also what is the "custom circuit" board the IONI (i take it, non-pro?) is to be plugged into?

That'll take the small mige up to 19.5Nm.

14. Eddy

Eddy Registered

All i see is a diy kit delivered by one supplier. My guess would be ordering the different parts at the different suppliers would be cheaper. So Adrian what would be the advance in ordering at Ollie. Or is wgeuze correct?

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hiya wgeuze

-this is a kit, you find your own preffered enclosure
    (many are simple using mini ATX pc cases for £25-ish),
    I think he's also supplying his custom boards with holes positioned so they use the mini atx mobo fixings (in the mini atx case)
    -someone is doing a ready built OSW , its alot more cost though and the build (from this kit) looks very very easy to me, +I choose my own case

Dripper - the PSU is : Mean Well PSP-600-48 (600W switched-mode PSU)
    (large midge up to tested 21Nm)
    there will be another one for the later available optional add-on to drive it to 30Nm
    ( I'm trying to antisapate size as I'd want my enclosure to be able to accommodate this with ease when the time comes -a mini ATX case I'm sure will struggle)

just had delivery of a fanatic f1 wheel, going to customise it (remove display as i only use VR)
    scratch circuit
    add a few rotary's
    use a leo bodnar circuit
    wire into existing buttons on current circuit (its all one piece)
    remove fanatic QR & add a servo monkey one (to fit my bodnar hub which will also be used on OSW )
    may carbon wrap

I have cadded an f1 wheel which is just perfect but no time at the moment to sort/learn grip moulding (using a kit)
    so this simple modded wheel will be a quick easy solution untill i have much more time, this will also sell quickly too if I replace it with a full self built custom
    ( these things are a total steal for 117 euro delivered ! the paddles are surprisingly rock solid )

[​IMG]

16. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Apparently misunderstood then, thanks. Hopefully in the future someone can do a plug and play solution for the diy impared! :)
    I do expect a full build log from you with posts atleast thrice as long as DrR1ppers', you know right :p ;)

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

dripper sorry I missed your other question

that little circuit in pic, that is the IONI Pro (drive controller) that plugs into a designated slot on "SIM-ple" custom board
    unlike some of the commercial ones, the custom board will only run one servo at a time as it has just one slot for a controller board
    (ideal for our needs & this helps keeping it economical etc)

ps small midge 19.5Nm sounds about right

-I've heard re.comparrisons small vs large, a mixture of they are just the same to one feels better than the other, I'll see for myself
    I'm thinking they will be very similar -then interested in the add-on to test the additional Nm headroom on the large servo

I did notice someone on youtube on iracing using the small mige and the clip meter was moving higher than I'd expect ( iracing clip meter as a guide & basing it on what I'd expect from my bodnar ) but then he did seem to be wrestling with the wheel, looking forward to testing etc

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hiya wgeuz

someone is selling OSW ready built plug & play, didnt someone off these forums order one ?
    or it could have been iracing , anyway heres the link : http://reimer-motorsports.de/index.php/de/
    youll pay for the ready made aspect though, Ollies kit looks very easy & an enjoyable little project

I'm not good at big posts because I dont like the thought of boring people lol
    I'll post pics as and when stuff shows up + putting it together

19. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Oh that is way more expensive indeed. I'm curious how difficult it is to put together Ollies set.

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

it comes with a diagram (which cable goes where) i dont think youll even need to use a soldering iron as he's mounted all the wires to connections etc already, instructions are supplied too

good for me at the moment as time is a tad tight

if youve ever put your own pc together & installed windows & drivers etc then this looks easier imo