Silverstone v1.01 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Thanks for sharing your impressions, how it was there :)
    Kurbs themself are not the problem as I saw many times in real life, how colors can sometimes be very intense.
    What I feel, is the whole scene is still red-ish a bit (the old issue, that might not be sorted out yet?).
    On the other hand, during a bright sunny day with no clouds you have a huge blue sky above so ambient light for sure should have some more blue in it (but don't ask me about details, K Szczech knows that stuff :) ).

2. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Completely agree and lucky you...

I can run the track after lowering some settings but only with a couple of cars. I really need to upgrade the old gal me thinks...

4. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

Goodness.... ruiners I tells ya.... and I can't find a megaphone button to politely ask that people return home or to their places of business so I can have my fps back.... You just can't go anywhere these days lol

5. rockbass

rockbass Registered

I think Luc gave me the setting that worked. I dropped the Texture Detail from MAX to HIGH and now I can get Silverstone to run at 60 fps again. I had turned a few other things down and I will try bumping them back up but I did not have to turn off HDR, AA, Reflections, etc. I though a GFX 560 ti 1GB running on a i5 3.4 GHZ with 16GB Ram would be enough and after switching the Texture Detail it seems to be fine.

6. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I'm using a 3gb card (7950) so I should be able to run textures at max setting?

7. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

yes - for the love of god don't limit the graphics for people who don't understand that they need to upgrade their PC from time to time.

Minimum:
    new video card every 1.5 years ($500)

new PC every 3 years ($1500)

simple as that if you want to be gaming on the PC.

8. BlaringFiddle5

Thats the trouble with trying to help people with PC gaming issues ... many of them have no brains when it comes to PC. For all you know, they may have spyware and virii beating the crap out of their CPU in the background. May have all manner of programs running in the systray using up resources. May still have the Aero desktop enabled (set your theme to classic desktop for the love of god :) )

All of this talk of framerate problems and such is ridiculous. If they actually had equipment produced in the last year they wouldn't have these problems. I did a couple laps in the ISI Formula Masters at silverstone last night - ran just as awesome as all the other tracks i have with 22 ai:

Intel i7 3770
    nVidia GTX 680 2GB GDDR5
    Asus z77 mobo
    16 GB PC1600 DDR3
    250 GB SSD
    triples at 6080x1080 bezel corrected

All settings enabled and maxed.
    no idea the framerate - doesn't matter - its smooth as silk.
    I DO know that I CAN'T max all the settings in iRacing without hiccups and slowdowns, however :)

9. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Yes, it's only the cards with less than 2GB that are suffering on that front.

10. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I can enjoy the track without problems in a laptop to (60fps with 10 cars on grid, 1 click back on details for cars and track and everything else maxed out), mainly because it's using a dedicated 2GB GPU on a i7. For me this is pretty good...:)

So yeah, if your system is not getting some bottleneck on other areas, your GPU is capable to load all textures (for both mappings and reflections) without problems. :)

11. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

If YOU can't max iRacing, maybe YOU should consider updating your PC. If you HAVE older hardware, you can usually upgrade the PARTS that are getting a bit old. There's no point in playing on PC if you're not going to follow the technological CURVE.

Have you considered getting a Nintendo? Consoles don't need upgrading, you just plug it in and it works. Voilà!

12. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

It really is just the reflections that are a killer for me (and the old problem with mirrors). Turn those off and fps is pretty good. Is there much that can be done on this front to improve performance (optimisation by ISI)?

I have a good PC only built last year, everything overclocked. It would be nice to run this game as it should look.

13. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

it's so true... and sometimes you just have to do it for certain titles. It's just the name of the game these days... I have an amd 8120 with a 7970 and it would run more canned texture based games quite nicely but simulator games that needed a strong cpu really suffered... Im not sure if it was a bottleneck at the mobo or what...

When I first built the new pc I still only had the 7970 and threw it in with the 3930k (all the parts being faster as well) and the difference was extremely noticable in Arma3... the new vid card bumped that performance up a fair bit too as it should being dualgpu... This was before I realized my beloved F1C lived on to this day ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
  14. Thor

Thor Registered

I'm running the game with everything at maximum 25/35 FPS. With 12 AI cars on track. With Environment Reflection off. Yes the track is super well made but super heavy. Because the ISI not released a 64bit executable? Google Translator!

My PC!
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4 Ghz
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz
    Vídeo: XFX Radeon HD 6970 2GB

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
  15. BlaringFiddle5

not sure if serious...

16. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

No. Because you have Ati card :)

17. BlaringFiddle5

64 bit would not help. it makes things no faster. It enables 64bit integers to be used instead of 32bit integers, and that is it.

The Nvidia GTX 7xx series was recently released. Check this out: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133489&IsVirtualParent=1

I'll be waiting until they are $500 or less... (currently $650).

Your CPU has some major life left in it - the just released haswells are only about 20% faster than your current CPU. However, your video card is now considered out of date. It is two generations old! I suggest replacing with nVidia as they always have better performance per $ than ATI. Also, nVidia spends some marketing money with gaming companies which also means that many of them tend to tune their games to nVidia moreso than ATI.

btw your 6970 is comparable to an nVidia GTX 580.

18. Domi

Domi Registered

Now seriously, is there any plan to fix the awful performance on ati/amd cards?

19. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I think it's a very nice track indeed, bit on the heavy side.

This track however makes me wonder about the FISI a bit. Especially during the high speed turns, I really get the feeling something isn't quite right just yet. Since they are high speed I tend to use lots of downforce, despite that, without obvious reason, I sometimes seem to feel the rear getting lighter through my wheel. I can't think of a reason why this would be happening, other than maybe too much a difference between front and rear downforce? I've felt it in other corners as well and in the Marussia too, but surely with these higher downforce cars there must be plenty of it to keep the car on the right course mid corner. I'm wondering if there is someone at ISI who gets what I'm talking about and can provide an explanation :)

20. Domi

Domi Registered

Tweak your setup, you can change the car behaviour on fast corners easily with wings/ride heights. For me it felt evern understeerish on fast corners.