Schumacher seriously injured

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by Murtaya, Dec 29, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

:)

Hopefully he recovers! 6 months was awfully long time to be in coma.

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

fingers crossed for him!

3. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

This is great news after such a long time in the dark.
    I'd like nothing more than to see Michael recover 100% and grow old with his kids.

4. Capeta

Capeta Registered

He was in coma for 4 months, since in April he already had conscious moment, he's been making progress since then and now he's going to work to get in shape, the difference between 4 months & 6 months in coma is important and can make a big difference in term of recovery.

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Fingers crossed, really hoping the best for him and his family.

6. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Nice. We've already lost a great deal of decent drivers, would be nice to have one of the best. Enjoy his retirement.

7. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

This is the news I've been waiting for in a while, I jumped up and cheered when I heard the news! Once he's rehabilitated to a good enough stage, it would be great to see him attend an F1 race to do something like wave the checkered flag or something like that.

Keep fighting Michael!

8. freew67

freew67 Registered

Has any news source said exactly how he is doing? Talking/walking/anything? Out of a coma doesn't mean he is better by any stretch. If he had enough brain damage, he might have to learn to walk/talk again. Granted, I could have just missed those articles about it as well.

9. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Only that he is on a rehab program, which I find positive... It means there IS something left to work with.

Here in Denmark there was a girl, who crashed in a car at the age of 18, she was totally wiped off... Parents were asked to consider organ donation and such... She was pretty much declared brain-dead... But then there suddenly was some brain activity... Time was running out, according to the doctors (doctors were later questioned in their overall judgement, but that's not the point here). This girl had to re-learn how to walk, talk, eat - everything! Even controlling her saliva. She is now 21 years old and pretty much normal. She has finished collage and is starting at the university in Aarhus this September I reckon. She had cerebral haemorrhage, like Michael... She had two operations to release excess pressure, like Michael.

She was put in a rehab program and got her to where she is now. A documentary was made about the situation, the woeful judgement of the doctor staff, her story and such. It's called "Pigen, der ikke ville dø" or The girl resisting to die.

The fact that Michael is put in such rehabilitation program I think, is positive.

The Schumacher-family, sadly has made clear that they don't want to give much, if any, updates of his progres... That I find a bit selfish... The guy has affected millions of people over the world who is concerned to some extent of his state.
    "Yeah but they have to comprehend the shock..." they've had half a year to adjust to the situation. The fans deserves better I think.

10. freew67

freew67 Registered

I agree its positive, just find it odd he is going to rehab is all we hear.

11. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The best thing they can do if you consider the stupidity of the media crowd.

12. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Not selfish at all, it's their right. It's also their right to have privacy. Chances are he's not the same person and may very well never be. There was a boxer to had brain bleed last year. He went from being a world class athlete to not being able to dress and feed himself. This isn't some reality t.v show.

13. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Which came first the chicken or the egg? Which came first the closed attitude or the doctor-disguised journalists?

All I wrote above is subjective, not factual - I thought that was clear with all the "I think"'s...
    I choose to look at it in a positive way... It can still go both ways.

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Everyone has a right for their own dignity, being a famous sportsman doesn't mean they forgo their human rights.

To be honest, now he is on recovery, it is not really any of our business about the details. He is recovering some place.... that is all we should know for now. No doubt some tosser will find them and snap a picture just to put on a tabloid front page, that stuff makes me sick.

15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

For sure! I'm not saying they should put him on plinth saying "look, how he's drooling, world!"... But they could be much, much better of giving thumbs up or thumbs down... If he is going to be a veggie be open about it, instead of dragging it out till a paparazzi finally will get the shot for shock and ave... Oh well different approaches I guess :)

16. Woodee

Woodee Registered

It is still none of our business if he can't talk, walk or speak.

17. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It becomes, ultimately... Whether the family like it or not. Sadly.

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

A relayive of mine had similar accident. IC pressure very high released as well with surgery. He was not in coma for such long and had to undergo rehab.
    He didn't get to remember people at first but he recovered 99%. He has risk of epileptic attacks as sequel.

It is clear that Michael is out of coma. It is not very difficult to imagine either that he is not by far fully OK yet. Otherwise we would have seen some more information.

However I am confident on his recovery which I think that will be fast. Fuerza Michael!

enviado mediante tapatalk

19. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Yay!

[​IMG]

20. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Morons stealing his medical records. Unbelievable.