Schumacher seriously injured

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by Murtaya, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Like most here, I keep hoping for some kind of recovery for Schumacher...even if it's only partial.
    We sometime tend to forget that despite hearing that name for what seems like an eternity, he is still a young man.
    The whole thing has been handled rather poorly by his manager.
    I'd rather her not have said anything at all.
    "Michael has been seriously injured during a ski vacation. We ask for your prayers and support while we nurse him back to health"....end of story.
    That's all that needed to be said.
    Instead, we get 'news conferences' which say absolutely nothing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2016
  2. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

S***! I am really sorry to hear that.

I knew at least one other patient who was in a suicidal mindset during my time at a brain injury rehabilitation center. He required constant watch after his failed attempt.

I was incredibly fortunate with my brain hemorrhage. No suicidal thoughts and all my cognitive functions generally intact apart from some moderate speech and memory issues that thankfully completely resolved after 3-ish years. I remember for at least a year after the injury and surgery i had a god awful temper that made me unbearable to be around. I remember how i would just snap at someone for no reason and say the meanest things and then hate myself for doing so wondering why the hell i said it. The only issue that remains is the moderate numbness across the entire right side of my body that hasn't changed since day 1 but heck, it's really next to nothing compared to what others i've seen come out the other side with or rather without.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Quite a story there too Dr... glad youv`e come through it bar the numbness. :)

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Thx tjc, i'm glad too. :)