S397

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by patchedupdemon, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Filip

Filip Registered

So you can't explain sales numbers. But you do know easy ways of making rf2 best product. Yeah right.

2. Louis

Louis Registered

Apples and oranges. If both companies work with the same plataform, there is no doubt "unfinished, buggy" company would get less users

2ndLastJedi and patchedupdemon like this.
  3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Studio397 are taking all the right steps to position themselves in a good position in a the sim racing market

Offering a feature rich racing simulator which is similar to a consumer friendly version of Rfactor pro ,
    one that stands the test of time & continuous development will keep it in a favourable position after it reaches a certain point ....which we are approaching

ISI put all the right foundations in place they are very talented & progressed rf2 to a certain point ,
    studio397 are polishing in all the right areas

I’m pretty sure others will come & go but Rfactor2 will remain & only get better

Bozak and Bjørn like this.
  4. Filip

Filip Registered

Maybe the difference would be negligible. Isn't PCars1 known for bugs but anyway was success in terms of sales?

5. Louis

Louis Registered

I think because they were a step further in relation to graphics when released. Not just the plataform but the context around. Isi sold a lot more copies of rf1 than rf2. Not because the first one is better

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

@patchedupdemon I agree with you on the point, that content needs to be polished at some point. With the Challengers pack it was communicated quite well though (in the news post for it on this very site), that more liveries will follow, that the PBR stuff is WIP and the Aston model wasn't shown aswell, incase that was an important aspect for you. So in that regard I still can't follow why you bought the DLC in the state that it was offered? Information are available basicly everywhere.

I have different requirements, when it comes to a DLC, so I am for example less offended by a missing yellow stripe on the wheel if the model is decent enough, if it sounds and drives like a Porsche. The dashes and slip LEDs are a different beast, as they are limited by the core itself right now, so that has only partialy something to do with the DLC itself.

On the topic of missing features or buggy content: it seems to be the case that some people prefere to rent a fully realistic 3D model of a single car with a substandard tire model where othere people can accept a substandard/average 3D model with excellent physics for 5 cars for the same price. Now please explain to me who is right and who is wrong? I have seen all kinds of content for different products (not just racing sims), some with visual issues, some with sound issues, some with physics issues and it is our responsibility to judge it based on our expectations and needs. But to say: "Get your crap together" is certainly not the right way of giving judgement or feedback. ;)

bluet, Alex72, Spyro and 2 others like this.
  7. Filip

Filip Registered

In other words graphics and context were more important for sales than bugs?

8. Hocician

Hocician Registered

SAME FOR ME...

9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I’m more concerned about the lcd of the wheel display not showing the correct live stats for the modules on board, I’m more concerned about the fact that the the Aston Martin has a defined waste gate wisteria because of the turbo, in real life but the rf2 version doesn’t, I don’t mind if a line here or there isn’t correct on the body work of the visual model, but when the steering wheel doesn’t display the correct features that the real life one does, so you can addjust and navigate your way through the race, well I’m I’m concerned

10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Is that on Workshop?

11. patchedupdemon

Again I should not reply to this because this is infant levels of thinking, if you can’t produce a car with a lcd display that shows what the real life car does, then don’t release it, same goes for the Aston Martin, where’s the whistle of the waste gate, mods produced by Rastas mods have this, so why doesn’t paid dlc have it.
    I’m done sorry for making this thread, if you are happy to have lacklustre tripe thrown your way then fine, I will pay more for a crappy tyre model but a car that displays the correct things I need to know in a race, ie iracing, hell I’ve got over £500 pounds worth of content sitting dormant in that sim, while s397 act like a bunch of ametures

12. Louis

Louis Registered

I mean that you can not just compare the number of sales of a game without regard to whether it's a hardcore sim or a mainstream game, if it is a new engine (rf2) or an old one (ams), to conclude that s397 is doing a better job than Reiza based only in the number of copies sold

13. patchedupdemon

Stop it with the common sense that don’t apply here

14. patchedupdemon

Sorry to go off on one but I know modders On roblox that put more effort into the graphical display than some of these cars in my this game and that’s a game my 13 yrs old son plays

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

These look like some of our babies from GTR2 SCC mod. I have never understood why the R8 wasn't/isn't considered one of the greatest cars of all time. Even when the ACO gave Pescarolo all sorts of rules to limit the R8, it still beat the Pescas at Le Mans.
    Amazing car, awesome drivers.

2ndLastJedi and Emery like this.
  16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I don't know that money, but I bet licenses costs significantly more than modeling, so it is irrational not to squeeze best possible from it. The production should probably begin at least a three-four months before release. I don't know very well how much it would take to make a best post possible model for rF2 if you are pro at it, maybe 4-6 weeks ? Sound and physics are done simultaneously after that comes testing and polishing everything. If you don't have a pro working on it, or a pro is working on multiple projects at once it will obviously take more time, final polishing might as well be done by the lead modeler, well if it is physically possible for him. However, if the budget is very tight, licensing might not leave enough to pay modelers to push it to the maximum, but if sales are good and everything pays off then perhaps it could be mastered that way ?

17. stonec

stonec Registered

The lack of things on LCD is not due to ignorance of GT3 pack developers, it's due to lack of core features needed to support those things. rF2 never had the functionality to add every gauge from the real car. All modern cars ever released for rF2 lack some info compared to their corresponding real cockpit LCD. It's a matter of the core game needing significant code work, so nothing to do with sloppy content standards.

Bjørn likes this.
  18. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Because then he would have had to wait. But he did not want that because he was probably too impatient.

I prefer to be able to use the content earlier, even if it then needs a few bug fixes afterwards, rather than wait longer, because I don't see any advantage in having to wait longer than waiting as long for the bug fixes to be fixed. Anyone who complains here that they're too fast and expecting more quality, which is why S397 should take more time, is free to wait with the purchase until everything is fixed. But then one would have to wait. Ooohhh. No matter what S397 does, it's always nagged

Filip likes this.
  19. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

What??? :eek:
    We shouldn't be able to drive a car because you don't like its interior info display?
    :confused:
    Because in your opinion they must release only perfect cars all around and we should demand that. I don't agree, car 3D model is not the reason why I play rFactor 2 and not other titles.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    fsuarez79 likes this.
  20. patchedupdemon

Ok I get it, you don’t want the correct info displayed on the wheel, that’s ok, but it’s not ok for me, they should have waited until they could apply these features, once they have the opportunity to apply these features, shall we take a bet on how long they will take to apply them, because the list of things to do by then will be huge

UsedMomo likes this.