S397

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by patchedupdemon, Jan 19, 2019.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Pls for the love god get your poo pile emoji together, don’t announce something or expected release date unless you know for certain it will release around that time.
    Please get your quality control under wraps, I would rather wait for content to be released than have it released and it’s worst than modded content.
    I hated iracing after 3 yrs because of the slow releases and cost, but you studio 397 have made me think twice.
    Pls pls pls get a hold of things
    I want rf2 to succeed, but for it to do that, it has to match or surpass the others
    I now know why iracing kept closed lips until something was about to be released

2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I feel for them atm. They have given us cars years ago we could of only dreamed of and I appreciate that. But now we have lacked quality for quantity somehow. I want to buy the new pack But I won't as I don't think its up to standards. I bought the fe car we have one track And the systems on that don't work as real life. S397 needs to look at the past and fix what we have got before looking fwd. I fear the ui has taken more resources than it should of.

Yes rf2 has great physics but a sim needs a lot more than that to succeed. Even vo people may ridicule raceroom, that is a polished title and it's physics are getting up to par, yes it needs certain features to match rf2 .. But they are in the right track finalising what they have before going fwd. S3 have done a great job with rr.

2ndLastJedi and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think people should stop overreacting and overanalyzing things they simply have no insight and it would help some people to be more conscious before they hit the purchase-button to avoid frustration or confusion. The new rF2 DLC and ACC are propably the best examples. Why are people so overly sensetive when they clearly know that stuff will be released as is in a WIP state with further (possible) updates incoming with all the known issues and shortcommings provided by the developer? In that regard I consider it nice to be in the sim racing community, because developers in sim racing (for the most part) are alot more connected to the players, transparent in what they are planning and doing and where they struggle compared to AAA-studios. There is a simple answer to the frustration: wait before you buy anything, inform yourself via the many sources we fortunately have nowadays, wich should give customers allmost every info they need in a quite short amount of time and pick up a DLC once it is in sale or up to expectations. I never bought the FE-DLC because it first of all isn't my cup of tea and it doesn't fit in the sim and exhibits some old issues that ISI struggled with, wich to the biggest part is the content allignment. In that regard I see that I have a responsibility as a customer, wich means to show the developer that I don't like that approach and at the end I vote with my wallet. Nobody is forcing you guys to buy anything and maybe it might be good to take a deep breath and actually look at what you have and not what you don't have. The glass isn't allways half empty ... ;)

Ernie, PieterN, F1Aussie and 4 others like this.
  4. patchedupdemon

That’s my point dlc shouldn’t be released a s a wip, it should be done and dusted, the physics will always improve the graphical side of things should be nailed down before release, otherwise you just look like an cowboy company.
    Running before you can walk
    Your argument is just an excuse for poor business acumen
    If S397 need to introduce a subscription to be able to afford to provide a product worthy then they should do so, if not just leave it upto to modders

5. patchedupdemon

Basically get your arse into gear S397
    If that sound harsh then tough, I came from iracing which set a standard, if S397 can’t match that then the future is really in the wind
    Physics won’t hold you for so long, I don’t expect realistic graphics, but what I do expect is a complete on release graphical version of a car, be lcd rpm or a simple headlight

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

You don't get it don't you? Who held the bullet on your head and forced you to buy the DLC in first place? The DLC was sold as WIP and everybody including yourself knew it. So why do you buy a DLC that shouldn't be sold in first place according to your logic? Nobody forced you to buy the DLC not knowing how the model of the Aston would look like. Why not wait a week and buy it when you are sure that it will be up your expectations?

If you think, that it is a poor excuse so be it: I got quite some enjoyment allready out of the WIP DLC and no argument of other people will take that away. The physics are indeed what makes this most enjoyable for me. Visuals are decent enough and the sounds are except for the external sounds of the Aston very immersive. If you think that 120 bucks per year are worth renting virtual cars and tracks that will look obsolete in ten years time anyway, so be it. Good physics are timeless, graphics not. The 911 around Zandvoort was worth the 15 bucks alone and the Aston around Bridgehampton was the icing on the cake for me. Haven't tried the other cars yet, but for me those hard earned 15 bucks are well spent.

GrimDad, bhendrik, Bernardo and 5 others like this.
  7. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Are you referring to me or patchedupdemon? Because if you can answer the question, why he actually bought the DLC knowing the short commings, then I might understand what you are on about. Otherwise it's just hot air posting memes. And this question has nothing to do with opinions but customers using the stuff between their ears.

9. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

Sorry, your post loaded while I was searching for an HD video which is aimed to the talk about what S397 should and shouldn't do, for the very reason you explained.
    However, the complaints still stand but I hope time will fix them. The WIP status of cars isn't stressed enough, if that is. In fact, even their release number is >1.0.

10. stonec

stonec Registered

I'm waiting to hear examples of better modded content. I think you are overreacting to the recent threads that have highlighted one or two minor issues with some of the released cars. Minor issues will always be around, there is no software that ships as final. And even if there were none, people would find them. There were similar minor issues with the GTE and original GT3 packs. I think everyone should trial the content first without reading the threads, which would make people happier.

bwana and pkelly like this.
  11. patchedupdemon

Ok I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt, can you post explicitly anything where S397 said that all dlcs will be wip, pls just incase I missed it, thank you for enlightening me

12. patchedupdemon

Well for the 3yrs I was at iracing, I can’t remember a single car needing patches to the graphics model, and all were released with working lcds and rpms etc
    Even now the gt3 lcd display doesn’t show what the rl cars do

By the way gp3 mod is great example of what modders can do

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  13. patchedupdemon

This is the mind frame we need developers to get out of, dlc should not be a wip, real road yes, tyre model yes, graphical models no

14. patchedupdemon

Would you be happy if I sold you a Segway with one wheel, oh wait for a few months I will ship you the other wheel after you have purchased it.
    Get real man, if S397 haven’t got any standards then I shal go, if the community won’t hold them to said standards then I will go too.
    Not gunna wait around while rf2 repeats its death all over again

There are 100s if more people who look down on rf2, if S397 doesn’t do anything to change that then what’s the point, it’s all about perception, no matter how small things that are graphical should be correct, as the visual aspect won’t change for that car or model

15. LokiD

LokiD Registered

But it's not just the dlc. Look at ai in the rain u can't race em because theyre bugged with the tyres.... Wet racing is an utter waste of time in rf2 because of long standing issues that seem to be neglected. And don't let me start on the mirrors of every car which may as well Not be there. also the ai that don't overtake in a draft.
    Offline racing is broken and online racing is well is there any? Yes we have great physics vo just can't really use em.

Anyway enuf from me about this. These threads do just end up being pointless.....

Rf2 is my favourite sim it really is.its just not my most used..

16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

rF2 is doing well, player counts increasing. But it is totally fair to criticize models quality. I think physics are very good, though I have a little bit of criticism. rFactor 2 really shines with properly made content. rF2 was absolute mess, I didn't use it. Now rF2 is much less messy, and it is already a pleasure, and still lots to come, a lot of juice there.

I really hope that Nordschleife will be properly made. In my personal opinion Sebring is great, Zandvoort is ok, Silverstone is not, Nordschleife has to be at least better than Zandvoort. It is bad to see cars modeled reasonably well, but then you find obvious mistakes like low poly bits outstanding in overall high poly mesh, rimblur which looks like spokes blur at 30km/h and for some reason shine, when spokes blur shouldn't shine and it is simply wrong overall, missing brake calipers.... I hope that in future rF2 will continue doing better and rise quality control.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  17. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Maybe in the future, if the latest dlc's sells well, they will have more resources to put into polishing things out.

18. patchedupdemon

Why can’t the creators check their own work, no need to employ someone else

19. Louis

Louis Registered

People has a point but also are overreacting to not so much important things, as some already pointed before about rain, ai, new ui, performance, proper support, communication with users (iast two "people" is me) etc...
    Strongly disagree about underrating third party mods. In my view, take from nowhere, i think most user base is about off-line third party mods and leagues using third party mods

20. patchedupdemon

My point is, they need to apply stricter standards to all aspect, not just graphics or physics etc, I know I haven’t worded it very well and it came off like a rant, but am I the only one who is used to having things released with greater care from other sims, albeit for only one sim, iracing