Roadmap/checklist for Gold

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BanjoMaster, Jul 18, 2012.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

There is a beautiful option "ignore list"...It works fine for me. ;)

1 person likes this.
  3. Tuttle

Yeah! But you need a solid platform before starting with the final optimization...so we've to wait for those fix and proper ATI/Nvidia drivers to see the light (of gold)...:)

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Thank you. That is indeed a beautiful option :)

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

So am I finally free to say what I think without a risk of being attacked and/or offended?
    Indeed beatifull option :) Goodbye btree ;)

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

So...two big fights at 25 posts. That makes 1 every 12 and 1/2 posts. Not bad.
    (must keep fire alive)
    So...what everybody thinks of RF2 progress? :cool:

7. osella

osella Registered

Well, I'm not going to lie and am not too happy with the rate of progress. If you look at the changelogs, you just can't say there were LOTS of changes. Overall the sim feels very much the same as it did in January.

However I'm not unhappy either :) . Because it is very well possible they did huge progress that just isn't visible to us and didn't want to add <100% complete features in new builds. None of us see the actual code.

It would be nice to read some blogs etc. on daily/weekly basis but whatever. There aren't that many sims to choose from so if I had to choose between release soon with certain quality or wait 6 more months just to make it slightly better, I vote the latter..

8. Tuttle

I'm pretty confident for the development and I've no rush. Every new build I see something growing up (little steps, but they're working hard for sure), and I remember when I was angry about the HDR (and asking all the time for explanations...) and then they shut me up with a new build with a improved devmode HDR (and now I know I prefer facts than blah)...so I think ISI deserve more positive energies and constructive feedbacks because I'm 99.9% sure they're working on feedbacks and suggestions. Now I see a lot of "give me that, give mi this, say me that, say me this..." 24/7; jezuz where do people find the time to drive? LOL...

Tbh I do not like at all things I'm reading around forums in these days and it's difficult to harvest flowers if you're just spreading **** all the time....

Do not take this as a fanboy statement...because I've a lot of criticism for almost everything (including myself), but sometimes we've to calm down a bit to find a better karma...:)

Get a beer...

1 person likes this.
  9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

yeah, nikos. But look at subject of this thread. It's nothing to do with modders, mods nor features added in the past.

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

ok, felt like mentioning it as part of progress.

12. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I agree 100% fine sir :)

The ISI staff have the patience of a thousand Buddhas. Some posts are not only quite demanding, they are insulting and just plain rude. Some people feel that $49.99 grants them great entitlement.... :rolleyes:

I feel, on the other hand, that this is a great privilege to be in this beta program. We are participating in sim racing history.

13. Tuttle

I can well understand this....but out there there're a lot of these "daily/weekly" statements (aka promises) but what I see most of the time are Panem et circenses.... "we're working on steering column"...and nothing happens for months..."we're working to improve tires"...and nothing happens..."we're working on physic improvements"...and nothing happens..."this wheel will be implemented soon"...and nothing happen..."we're working to fix AA jaggies" and nothing happens....and go on.

Technical terms are going to be more and more marketing traps. Eg; look at the "alpha" and "beta" terminology usage and think how people use those terms to fight like kids about how good look an alpha title versus a beta one...so funny. :)

It's true; here we have almost zero informations about development but we've facts; the game is growing up (new contents, gfx improvements, experimental shaders, pretty good physic on new cars etc..) and we're modeling the sim shape with feedbacks and suggestions. This is what I see....(and what I feel), and what I like. :p

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Fully agree...

(only thing I need is better cockpits, sigh...)

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Rf2 has been usable for me from build 85,

Build 90 wasn't really any good for me (brianza dosnt run well etc)

Next build:
    Looking forward to and seriously hoping for 5.1 sound to be sorted, damage / impact sounds, as well as some decent optimisations

If the next update is decent then I'll be happy overall but a tad disappointed if it is like build 90

Not really bothered about new tracks and content as I know a serious amount will follow once rf2 goes gold

I'm still fairly confident that rf2 will be right up there as the top or in the top 2 mainstream sims for a long time to come

16. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

what a big words.
    Sounds like we are changing history or something.

As any other title while in developement stage. So nothing extraordinary here.
    I have never seen confirmation that bug report has been analized, confirmed, assigned, solved...
    So this is your assumption. Of course it is possible... as well as that our reports have no any impact on development.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Based on previous build dates we shouldn't be to far off the next update ?

Anyone know anything ?

18. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

There. Fixed it.

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Yep. sorry man. My mistake. Fixed.

20. Tuttle

Maybe you need personal and named task and tickets per user...but we are customers not ISI developers...

Fixed in-car chat for extended ASCII characters.
    Fixed showroom sun occlusion problem.
    Fixed sun occlusion toggle.
    Fixed and improved "visible vehicles" algorithm.
    Fixed AI brake lights.
    Fixed some issues doing HDR/Post on monitor.
    Fixed up some postFX problems.
    Fixed problem with using post with HDR.
    Fixed up hdr debug output, also improved post-processing.
    Fixed up hdr debug output.
    Fixed a crash when loading a new profile to an existing track.
    Fixed car skin spinner not selecting current selected skin when entering screen.
    Fixed path error for loading truetype fonts.
    Fixed car spinner gizmo bug where it selection didn't take into account pace cars in the veh list ordering. (so picking a car near the end of spinner would select the wrong car.)
    Fixed crash from skin selector gizmo that would happen 1st time you join a online game for a new mod and go to tuning from car selector screen.
    Fixed bug where one couldn't select a new UI.
    Fixed gear graph text in wide-screen mode with non-wide-screen UI.
    Fix HUD pit menu selector box.
    Fixed exaggerated pitspot slowdown.
    Fix for timescaled mechanical failures.
    Fixed crash that occurred when no sound devices was enabled on Windows 7 Machine.
    Fixed dedicated server not updating scoring for plugins.
    Fix for "Unknown" name in player file.
    Fixed wide characters aborting the results file write.
    Fixed a potential problem alt-tabbing with SL.
    Fixed a bug with packaged files which could have allowed tire data to be overridden by external components.
    Fixed a minor issue with encrypted mas.
    Fixed ttool crash.
    Some fixes to overlay/gauge rendering to make it more SLI friendly.
    Fixed HDR problem for frame times greater than adapt ET.
    Fixed up various HDR issues.
    Added fix for AI not to avoid other cars in private session (since they're invisible).
    Fixed logical error that would have prevented some plugins from running properly.
    Fixed bug where one frame of mis-sized vehicle or track selection shows up on main menu coming back from switching RFMs.
    Fixed mirrors too dark when using HDR
    Fixed side-channel clearing in multi-view mode.
    Fixed HDR in multi-view mode
    Viewport fix for multi-view
    Fixed broken HDR lum histogram
    attempt to fix body parts disappearing in multiplayer
    fixed safety car incorrectly pitting for a tire change (and leaving the rest of the field in limbo)
    fixes for AI pit lane behavior when no dedicated pitlane exists.
    fixed a bug where cars would move towards rather than away from a car next to it going into a corner
    fixed bug where sometime AI, at start of formation to standing start, immediately tries to park.
    fixed the calculation of the "X display not available" X coordinates for MFD when under AI control.
    Fixed some unresponsive keys when using soft vsync.
    Fixed problem with keyboard repeats in time acceleration.
    Fixed warmup time increasing by 1 each time a server is set up.
    Fixed problem where re-attaching a wheel in the pits would result in phantom collision.
    Improved thread safety by using local file finder classes.
    Fixed a error message that was incorrectly saying missing RCD files.
    Fixed bug where requesting a pitstop while on the grid would sometimes cause a stop/go penalty.
    Fixed 'Temporary Boost' button.
    Fixed bug where requesting a pitstop while on the grid would sometimes cause a stop/go penalty.
    fixed not being able to switch UIs in mod mode.
    Re-enabled HDR profiles for new .hdp files
    Fixed running out of fuel with new engine code.
    Fixed crash that would sometimes happen when picking all cars & track mod
    Fixed server details sharing
    Fixed mod downloading. LAN download was always set to true.