rFactor2 Replay System?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sf4JC, Nov 11, 2011.

1. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Tim, I did a short search for the subject and didn't catch my eye on anything in any titles of threads. So I'm wondering, how far along is the replay system coming? and, Do you see it being developed any further before rFactor2 is released after beta?

Scott

2. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

The replay system is still in there, but we took out the editing functionality that was a bit "old". There have been some improvements including an option for much higher fidelity for use when making slo-mo movies.

1 person likes this.
  3. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Thanks Gjon. I never thought about making movies in slow motion, that would definitely improve framerates when the final video is run in real time instead of say 1/2x. Thanks for the idea.

4. blakboks

blakboks Registered

To hijack the thread a little, since this triggers a question in my mind...

I'm perfectly happy to wait and see once the beta is released for details, but has the replay system been changed much from rf1 to rf2 as far as functionality and track-maker implementation goes? Particularly the camera triggering system?

5. frankwer

frankwer Registered

I hope the fidelity is good when there is many cars so it doesn`t look weird where high fidelity is required (jumps, crashes etc etc).

6. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

That is a great news, at least for me. :cool: :D :D

There is other modification for the freecam? So when I move the mouse has a "more fluid movement"? :)

7. shum94

shum94 Registered

I just hope i will able to cut it how i want to then use Fraps then Premiere Elements.

So the real concern is the sound from a free movement in a selected cam producing sound of the car from cam selected and not the free movement place.

Tell me if it's not clear.

8. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

No I don't think this has been touched, but I know what you mean, it can be jerky, although I have seen movies where some people seem to have gotten it to be rather smooth.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

+1 vote for adjustable mouse smoothing :p

10. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Thanks for the reply Gjon!!!! :)

11. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

I noticed that rF1 replays (not instant but the ones you 'take from the fridge') lack fidelity in terms of what the drivetrain is doing. Shift and starter sounds are lacking completely, the engine rpm behavior is strange and therefore sounds strange (shifts, blips, lifts etc.). I hope this area is improved drastically. For example in GranTurismo5 replays look amazingly realistic, the driveline and suspension behavior is recorded so thoroughly, it can fool you into thinking it's a better sim :)

12. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Sorry for the bump, but I didn't see it fit on creating another thread.

Can you edit your replays in the beta? I have looked but can't see it. Also can we export them?

And finally, what's this fidelity thing?

Thanks

13. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Here's Gjon answer few post above... :rolleyes:

That's why there is no editing feature in current replay system.

14. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

When I watch replays, it will only show one car at a time, as in, when the race starts, I only see one car, even with 9 AI in the race..am I missing something? Or is it just the way it is so far in the beta?

15. taufikp

taufikp Registered

No, it's a bug. I remember of having the same problem, but I forgot how I "fix" it. It sorta fix itself. Weird. :confused:

16. SteveO

SteveO Registered

Hi.....will we have full 3screen replay? i mean like iracing? replays on all 3 screens....gameplay is good with 3 screens but replay should be too on all screens not just 1 screen....it makes the game look cheap when you can only replay on 1 screen

17. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

So we can't export the videos then?

Also, what is the fidelity thing?

18. taufikp

taufikp Registered

You may think of replay fidelity as in graphic frame rate we all love to see. So higher fidelity loosely means higher FPS = smoother replay (theoretically).

I don't know if this definition is correct or not, but smoother replay is what I get when I set the replay fidelity to its highest setting. However, it may cause jitters when driving the car.

19. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Is it possible to stop the camera shaking as the cars go by?, it's really overdone paticulary at SPA. Also is it possible to stop the random movement of the camera when in freecam again at SPA. It just randomly moves up and down, side to side and finally how do you enable a play button in the replays without using the UI? Arrows only seem to do stop, FF, Rewind and slomo. I can't find a play/pause and have looked in the ini to see i can configure it there, but can't see anything?

20. toebee

toebee Registered

Camera shake and random movements are all done at the track level. I dont think you can adjust them without editing the tracks cam file.