rFactor2 Rank: Looking for beta testers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoover, Jan 12, 2012.

1. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

with the new mod release I think we should add the Brabham BT20 at Brianza / Brianza Loop and the FISI Master cars / tracks to our BetaRank handicap. Can somebody provide some decent, but achievable laptimes? I'm a slowpoke myself and usually tend to underestimate other people's speed, so it would be nice if you could come up with some benchmarks here that aren't as easy to beat as anything that I could come up with myself :rolleyes:

During the process of adding the new laptimes I'll eventually have to wipe the handicap database so you'll all have to re-upload to register your BetaRank Handicap, it hope this isn't a problem.

All the best & thanks for your continuing help with testing rF2 Rank! :)

Uwe

2. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Hi Uwe,
    Done some laps in the ISIGT1 class at brianzza not oval, but it recorded as brianza oval.

3. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

looks like the new build has finally assigned some decent class names for the historics. I'll add these later today.

Thanks Uwe

4. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

can somebody please provide a list of the new historic car classes? I've now made the change to the database to allow for a common superclass for different cars so we can have all f3 cars in an f3 superclass for instance.

Please post in the forum thread or on the admin mailing list. Thanks guys!

Uwe

5. hoover

hoover Registered

Yep, the bug sadly still seems to be there. I mentioned it in internal testing and it was apparently fixed in an update when both layout laptimes registered just fine in my CCH files. Maybe some revision got overwritten, I've posted on the internal forum.

cheers, Uwe

6. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

I've started adding the new car classes that ISI included with the build 90 historics update. Also, Mid Ohio No Chicane has been added to the "tracks" section, for now we'll have to live with the EventName bug as it's apparently an issue with rF2 itself wich is being looked internally at the moment.

All the best & please report any missing car classes here. Thanks!

Uwe

7. Mauro

Mauro Registered

hoover, can you controll the monza 10K laptimes?

i think there is a problem and the first laptimes referr to monza normal layout (1'30'' is inpossible on 10K layout)

8. hoover

hoover Registered

Hello Mauro,

it's a known bug which I hope will be fixed in a future update to the Brianza assets. The devs are aware of the problem so I guess we'll have a solution soon.

All the best, Uwe

9. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Hello, i have a problem with my hot lap time in Malaysia north loop. My time (1:02:145) has not to be taken on. In the back to back comparsion is a wrong time (1:11:693)

10. hoover

hoover Registered

Hello Andreas,

another driver (Mr. Borghesi?) has had the same problem, I've posted on the dev forum but there doesn't seem to be an answer at the moment, short of editing the CCH file with a text editor and correcting the overall best laptime. In the admin interface I see all your laptimes ok, but the the Overall entry does not reflect the fastest race lap:

binz.png

11. hoover

hoover Registered

Car Superclass selection added, Virtua_LM Topeka on the way

I've now added some javascript code to enable "superclass selection" on the "view laptimes" page like it's possible on rf1 Rank. This allows you to select an entire car class (say, all ISI Historics F1 cars) by simply selecting a checkbox in the form.
    The added functionality may not be apparent yet, but will become so once we've added hundreds of cars from dozens of mods to the site. ;-)

Also, the updated Topeka track (now complete with different layout designations) will be added to the database later today (thanks a ton to Ethone for helping out with the site administration, you rock! ;-)

All the best,

Uwe

12. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Thank you Hoover for your answer ! I try to edit the CCH file.

cheers.

Edit: I hope we see Botniaring very soon on your page ;)
    http://www.foracer.com/fi/botniaring

You mean this entry?

TrackName=MALAYSIA_NLOOP
    TrackFile=C:\SPIELE\RFACTOR2\CORE\INSTALLED\LOCATIONS\MALAYSIA\1.2\MALAYSIA_NLOOP
    ClassRecord="*",43,62.1664,62.7107,62.1664
    ClassRecord="Megane Trophy",43,62.1664,62.7107,62.1664

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
  13. ethone

ethone Registered

Fuji and Topeka have been added to the database now and I've managed to successfully upload times for all of the configurations. If there's anything that looks wrong, please let us know.

Did you run the laptime using the Megane mod or using the AllCarsAllTracks mod? Or a third party rfmod? I've seen some odd behaviour where a "later" .cch file (in alphabetical order) with a slower time overwrites an earlier .cch file's faster laptime.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
  14. Mauro

Mauro Registered

using my "1960s World Class Racing All Tracks" VMod, laptimes are correctly loaded.

15. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

added some more stats to the levt column today: We now have a list of "top drivers" ranked by the number of registered lap times.

All the best, Uwe

16. Axly

Axly Registered

Thank you so much for your work! Your site(s) have been an amazing source of inspiration and frustration ;)

I had a question, and then felt like posting, not a wishing list, but two things that i personally felt would be nice to have. I know how much work it can be, and i'm absolutely useless at this myself, so these suggestions are posted with great humility and appreciation of your work.

"my buddies" - a list of my buddies, as in gpl-rank, for quick comparison.
    "update times" - when updating my laps, it would be really nice if only the changed laptimes were adjusted so you could see when a certain time was set.

Now, the question. I started out with build 90, so I don't have the generic f1/f2/f3, is the reason why the beta rank still shows the old cars that the new cars may be a bit different, or could the rank be based on the superclasses?

17. ethone

ethone Registered

I have added Croft to the database. If there is any issue uploading times for it please let me know.

18. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

I've been away for a couple of days for a bit of a holiday, and returning I find more than 100 drivers listed on rF2 Rank beta, very nice ;-) Thanks again everyone for helping to test the site, I hope the upload process isn't too convoluted.

The upcoming Formula Two mod has been added to rF2 Rank, so those of you on the internal beta team can proceed to upload your laptimes.

All the best, Uwe

19. yoghurt

yoghurt Registered

Very nice site. Have added my times.
    Can you please change the name? Don't want to see my real name there.
    Didi xxxx = yoghurt

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  20. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi Didi,

thanks for the kind words. Your display name is generated automatically from the data you entered in the reqistration form. Would did yoghurt be ok for you?

;-)

Cheers, Uwe