[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Tackset

Tackset Registered

As Nibo says, a self signed certificate doesn't solve the problem as it is not trusted by browsers. It requires the user to explicitly trust your certificate (or the signers' certificate). (because the signer of the certificate (you) is not known / trusted).
    You can purchase a certificate. This also requires you to have a DNS name associated with the server on which the analyser is running. This is what you need to do to create a CSR (certificate sign request) and sign it. You also need the CSR if you want to have an officially signed certificate by a truster certificate authority:
    http://www.web2py.com/AlterEgo/default/show/140

An alternative way is to proxy the log analyser pages through the webserver of the site where you want to include it. You do need access to the webserver configuration and know what you're doing though ;)

2. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

This is amazing work!

3. knackko

knackko Registered

Hello !
    As web2py can be run under linux, can rl2a code be run under such OS? somebody tries it?

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I`m not sure. I didn`t put any specific code for Linux, so it may not work with file protocols correctly... And I`m not really sure how you getting rf2 log files on Linux, for r2la to read to...

You can try. You must have exact version of python (2.7.9, 32bit), install web2py and copy web2py\applications\r2la folder into your Linux web2py\applications\ directory. Then try starting web2py and access r2la address in browser.

I`m not sure if it will be worth your time doing this, as I`m not will be able to provide much more support on this.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  5. knackko

knackko Registered

Thanks, I will give a try. To get results files, I think about a simple script launched every 10mn for example to get it on a ftp or sftp server hosted on game server.
    Another question, what about a livetiming feature on r2la? at these days, think that rFactor2 community misses a good self hosted tool for livetiming.

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I`m not working with live rF2 data. That would require c++ plugin which I don`t have knowledge/time to do. I`m aware of plugins that can share rF2 memory or output some realtime data to files, but I don`t have knowledge/time to integrate with them either.

7. knackko

knackko Registered

Ok.
    Maybe a good start can be using vmliveview plugin as source code is available, it "just" need to be adapted to manage the multi rf2 dedicated instances. Vmliveview plugin produces xml files, easy to read for 3rd party tool like r2la. I know, easy to say, harder to do :). I will take a look to vmliveview plugin source code :eek:.

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Just to be clear, I will have no time to add anything other than small fixes to r2la in near future.

9. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

@Nibo Would you be interested with working with others on this project due to your time restrictions/knowledge? This software you have made is one of the best I have used for RF2/AMS, especially for running a championship! :D Extra features would be awesome, but understand that time/knowledge is an issue.

To be clear I have no knowledge in programming myself but thought maybe others on here could offer their help?

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Not in near future. I will wait for new UI, competitions and other things that S397 announced to be released. Then I`ll decide if I want add/change something in r2la.
    I also wanted to remove Hotlaps and Offline Challenges from r2la for some time now, because I need to stop using free hosting service that I use for that features now. I may do this before anything else.

11. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Nibo, you know how we can merge two identical tracks into the one table, is it possible to do the same sort of thing for cars? As an example S397's GT3's show in the records section individually because the category tag in the xml shows car brands (Bentley, McLaren etc) would it be possible for users to create say a GT3 category and then merge the current various categories to show under the GT3 banner.

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Its not possible, unless S397 sets "GT3" value for Category or CarType tags for all its GT3 cars.

13. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Bugga....thanks Nibo

14. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Hi Nibo,
    Another call for help I am afraid !
    I just made a new dedi server for the upcoming F1 2018 testing on : "F:\rfactor2-dedicatedf1"
    and when I select Hotlaps I get the error :

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "D:/web2py_2.14.6/applications/r2la\compiled\controllers.tracks.index.py", line 22, in index
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'id'

I notice the path in the error is " D:/web2py_2.14.6/...... but the installed path is "F:\rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.056\web2py"
    Is there anywhere where I can change this ?
    Everything else seems to be in order.
    Many thanks again for the great program and for your help !

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

The path in Traceback should be like that. That`s my path at the moment of compilation.

I think you just have no logs with any times right now, that why when you click Track Records (not Hotlaps?) it gives that error. Do you have any logs with laptimes set in viewer?

16. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Thanks for the fast reply.
    Yes there are lap times but no races have been run yet (this will be tomorrow night)
    I meant Records, sorry, I have the same message in our previous GT3 league races as well (on another installation)

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Are those laps times set by AI or humans? If there are logs with human laptimes in Results Viewer and Track Record still give that error I don`t know for sure why... So Track Records never worked for you or it started working after sometime with previous GT3 league races?

18. ceecee

ceecee Registered

The laptimes in the new installation are AI so probably this is the problem.
    The older installation GT3 times are human but in reusing the program for GT3 it seemed to lock and I could not unlog out of Administrator, everything still worked except Records gave this same message.
    This is not important as we finish the last GT3 race tomorrow.
    I will run a few laps with the new F1 installation later after work today and then check and get back to you.

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, AI laptimes are igonred unless you set an option to show them in "Options". That`s the reason for error, I should`ve removed it, but never actually managed to, because I see it as very minor.

20. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Ah, I saw the check box, ok, will know more after running the new rF2 installation and new rfactor2-log-analyzer installation a bit later.
    Thanks again !