rFactor2 Build 240 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Armando

Armando Registered

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Ahem...

3. Bart S

Bart S Member

^
    | cough, what he said.
    |

4. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

What he coughed.

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Ahem again...

6. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

"Ahem".... a lot of these are found in a hymnal.

7. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

I don't understand why they won't fix the simple things. Its been so long and they havent increased the LOD distances yet for shadows and car models which leads me to wonder if they are sane. Granted there are brilliant parts of rF2, the physics for one. But seriously are they ever going to fix the LOD pop-ins? Maybe I just don't know that its actually complex but I am inclined to think it isnt and that it would just take a few minutes to plug in some distance numbers...

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

+1000. They seem not to balance the effort benefit ratio of different bugs.
    It is frustrating to read the release notes every release and read about fixes to bugs that I didn't even know that were there and didn't afect my personal driving experience. How about smoke in the braking leaving you blind and showing a horrible straight line in the base.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

9. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Agree with the above. It's about time some of these long-running issues receive attention. The game needs a lot more polish.

10. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I couldnt agree more !

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

For what its worth, 240 is the first build that gives me a major performance boost. previously HDR would crash my pc and I was always checking for little tweaks here and there.
    with 240 its much much better, even with my crap specs it finally runs smooth and looks quite good. perhaps the first time rf2 is looking better then rf1 ;-)

12. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Its definitely getting better and better - it just seems so inlogical that basic stuff like shadows and lod distances arent fixed yet. Compared to what isi are capable of in other aspects its just so hard to Think of a reason why its not fixed. Its like a hospital who Can do a heart transplant but cannot fix a broken finger :D

13. coops

coops Banned

^^ you are right its like a hospital but its an emergency room there way of prioritizing things if different to the way we see it.
    but 1 thing no life and death here. so its very hard to know what ISI way of thinking is..

14. Max

Max Registered

:) it's better yes, but it really needs fixing, yes. I find it odd too that they do not fix and or improve problems that have been here since the beginning. For instance, even now on a new build, with HDR there are black spots floating around the track here and there, the LOD needs work. The mirrors have issues, and eating frames like mad, and just the overall state of this, is lacking for me. I mean it runs fine on my rig, I am not complaining. Just looking for more, um polish... Yes, that is the word. some things on my list; fixing the sounds(correct 5.1, 7.1), LOD, mirrors, and being able to add more AI and keep things inline. All in all it is a fantastic sim, just needs TLC now. IMO that is. Tim, please don't get mad @ me buddy, I am not trying to be an ass

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
  15. Bart S

Bart S Member

I too still cant believe the disappearing shadows still exist, they did sort something out with shadows a while ago but it should of all been fixed at the same time.
    Now another thing that daft renderer thing that changes nearby shadows on pit walls etc what is that thing doing, it just moves the shadows across and ruins all immersion, its been there for so long, its unnatural just llike the disappearing shadow.

There really are too many things such as this still on the backburner at this point in time, I just cant understand proritisation at ISI.

Oh not to mention the release of the camaro and the graphical bugs, windshields, reflections etc makes me think of all the other graphical bugs with the other cars. Graphic advancements are always lacking each build, there are advancments but no enough fixes.

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I spoke too soon, it just takes longer now before the pc crashes. so back to non-HDR unfourtunately. still a smoother build all in all.

17. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

It seems the list of fixes grows as we get newer content and builds. Ideally this list should shorten as the game matures but it doesn't feel that way.

Just now we got the Camaro without working wipers, a funky windscreen and reflection issues.

The Clio has been out since the beginning yet still suffers from the ridiculous tyre smoke and roll-over issues.

This game can be so good but it's really let down by the unfinished feel to it. Ok, the game is still in development but it always will be if problems go unaddressed.

18. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Very good point !

19. whitmore

whitmore Registered

After install of build 240 Showroom loads cars ok but I can not rotate the view. It is a static picture only.

20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Same for me.
    Also list-view keeps popping back to thumbs. I think I saw this pass a while ago, maybe with a fix, don't remember it though. perhaps in plr file.