rFactor2 Build 240 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Well what is so alarming in that because the game is still under development and largely unfinished?

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I agree but others think is a finished product for which is licit to charge for yearly online fees. I think already you know this and I am not wasting more time to explain it

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 4 Beta

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

There will not be any quality online activity until some decent leagues start

But that will not be until further down the line when sound/collision physics etc are sorted + more quality tracks etc

This is my hope anyway

4. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

CMS has just started using RF2 and they have a fun series going right now, plus they just started a Nissan 370z series. Check out CMS if you want to do some great online league racing. They still use RF1 and have great turnouts too.
    They use RF1, RF2, Power & Glory, GPL, and iRacing.

5. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Online will pick up once there is a decent amount of good quality content out there. At the moment I don't believe there are enough good cars and tracks to bother racing online.

Just my personal feeling.

6. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

I hear ya.

7. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

The overwhelming conclusion seems to be that ISI needs to communicate more.
    It's imperative they state exactly what software development changes...relative to their timeline are planned.
    The difficulty in obtaining information, coupled with new build techniques used to develop RF2 have caused a lot of potential modders to take pause.
    They fear doing projects..only to later abandon them due to critical design changes.
    That may indeed be part of ISI's strategy, since the simulation is slated to evolve over time with purchased services.
    Less modders would represent less potential third-party content...much of which ISI may have planned to execute themselves.
    Since we seem to no longer be in a beta phase ( I know...even uncertainty surrounded that aspect), it may be time for ISI to lift the veil a bit.
    No judgement here.
    RF2 is their product to do as they please.
    It offers great potential, is innovative in design and I thoroughly enjoy it despite it's many flaws.
    My hope is that ISI can find common ground which encompasses the modding teams..many of whom were instrumental in the predecessor's longevity.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
  8. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Well, as long as Tim hasent revved up the PR machine for RF2, im not considering the rf2 really ready yet for mass market.

I myself do enjoy it.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Wow so you want more content and more bugs with it.

Either way the numbers on servers are bad no matter which way you spin it.

I never brought rF2 to drive Clio and Megane

If you told me 18 months that would be the main cars driven I would never have gotten it.

Up to about Build196 I could come on any morning and get 8 F3's in my room in a few laps.

People used to hang around for hours.

Now there is barely a historic driver around besides a few leagues, when they do come in
    now leave in a race because of the numbers.

2 guys been in my room for the entire 18 months have just repaid for IR.

In the preceding 16 months they never once even hinted it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
  10. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

OMG! IR? Total waste of money in my opinion. I'll drive RF2 forever like it is before I drive IR. What a racket. It's just a money pit.

(I guess you can tell I don't think much of IR)

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well neither did the guys that stuck with rF2 for 16 months :(

All it would have taken them to stay is 6-8 drivers in my room every boot like it used to be.

All I seem to get these days is a string of new guys, most say nothing, turn 2/3 laps and leave without a word.

12. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

CMS is starting up a RF2 series using the 370z. We had a good test today online. Things are working pretty good considering the problems with RF2.
    CMS also has a fun series going using the F3 cars. We've done 4 races so far with over 20 each time. The last race with the F3's is going to be at Monaco next week. That should be a riot.

13. Minibull

Minibull Member

I've kinda seen this whole idea in comments for the new Lotus in iRacing, people saying it will be around for a week, and then the server numbers will drop as people get over the novelty and go back to driving the things they love.
    Seems in most cases, what they love is what drivers can easily get on with and drive well-ish.

I always see Durge's server there, sometimes with quite a few in it. But I have no interest in running around in F3's all the time. But then, I remember Durge ran a one off 60's F1 server at Brianza, sweeeeeet, I'm in. But then that was a bit too much for a few of the drivers, and a couple of laps in the race after so many had wrecked, I remember Durge saying something along the lines of "Right, time to go back to the F3's" XD

If the majority of people can't drive the hard cars well and get frustrated, for the most part, the are not going to be enjoying it. It makes perfect sense then, noone wants to spend their down time/gaming time ****ting round at the back of the field struggling with a stupidly hard car, while they could be having a fun race in a Clio with a bunch of others.
    Which leaves us with leagues, which is fine XD

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I got to reiterate.

imo rF2 historic is distinct and the best ever cars I have ever driven in anything and I have driven most ( not tried AC or IR )

I can't see for the life of me why the numbers are getting worse in Historic open rooms.

Some people do not have the patience, I do not blame them.

Frans has been in my room since Day 1 F3 he dropped IR for Build45 for petes sake.

Now we just spend xxx to renew IR and buy Lotus and Mosport so he has people to race with.

and that is even admitting that rF2 is better

15. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I agree the F1 historics are very good. And while the F1 is a challenge and many people turn away for that reason, I find the F3 to be so underpowered as to be boring. I just can't get excited about them.

The F2... maybe for a while but not the F3 for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
  16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I will run anything but F3 Eve is perfect for rookies.
    Personally sims are too many cars and tracks for me to deal with the way I like
    and too many cars and tracks just dilutes rooms more and more

It is actually the modders and leagues that make open public servers barren

Found steven's old set and handed it out we did some Monza 10K

2 races 3 cars within .1 at finish 2:59-3:00 laps with 5x tyres ......... as good as you see at any league anyways.

Yes they can be a lounge chair ride at times but 3 wide into Parabolica they are hardly boring for mine.

:)

17. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

18. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Were do I find leauges running rf2 btw?

Any portal for leauges?

19. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I ran rookies room for 18 months and spend 75% of my time helping people with every facet of
    the sim rather then worrying about how I am going to go in a race.

Then I send them out into the big bad online world. >>> lopl

So just remember that next time you get a rookie from DD's F3 school.

;)