rFactor2 Build 240 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 27, 2013.

1. FONismo

FONismo Registered

The AC models and even the WSGT shots in the old rF1 engine on the last page shine becuase they have a real 3D feel to them. They have depth and everything that should stand out does. rF2 generally feels very flat in the cockpit, they feel quite flat and bland, but they don't pop like those RMT shots. When they put those WSGT cars into AC/rF2 i think you will really see how good their modeling is. Parts are actually modeled individualy and not just a texture.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

+1

I was going to post pics of this "bug" but probably don`t need to now as it can be clearly seen in this pic...

The cars youv`e mentioned Nismo most certainly do have it badly but I`ve seen it on the Clio and the other cars interiors and tyres too.

3. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

rF2 cockpits aren't great at present. They look a little basic and dated.

4. Philip00

Philip00 Member

I try this new build(240) and i realize that tyre wear for AI not effect their laptimes. i play with nissan 370z cars 7x tyre wear 60 lap race in Fuji (and any other track too) and their laptimes same (1.54-1.55) they go to pits but their laptime not start slower. why?

5. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yes mate, i have also noticed it tonight in the Blancpain mod. The Mclaren cockpit has the same artifacts on the left side, so it's not an ISI only issue that i thought. I wonder if it's just an old mod and it's something that happens during a conversion.

6. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I have this too. I'm not sure but I think it depends which hdr profile is used.
    It looks like a additional layer good to see in the CR6 cockpit.

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok... thought I`d post a pic of this anyway...

[​IMG]

Not really sure if it`s an ISI only issue or not but it`s most definitely an issue that needs corrected...

Click the pic for full size.

8. SVO

SVO Registered

Before you reinstall, did you make absolutely certain there's not a leftover folder from the previous install somewhere. I use Revouninstaller to make sure I have found all registry entries and folders. I say this because I had similar issue in past because of leftover folder. Good luck.

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Hola e wgr2v were 1bwwfmryeo up

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

10. Bart S

Bart S Member

Saying this have you tried rF2 in 3D mode yet, I know you have trackir I have this too plus 3D. Its a wonderful experience you really feel like you can touch the dashboard and switches etc with the right depth and convergence settings. I have a low FOV so I dont really see much dash but when I look around with my trackir its pure bliss. With everything at max quality its highly convincing just have a hdr artifacts that spoil the effect. But yeah I know what your saying its more to do with the shaders altho rF2 has realtime lighting and shadows and reflection which I think hinder the results. In the clio the carbon fibre dash really reflects the interior of the car when you move your head side to side with trackir and IMO is one of the best overall.

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I have a new monitor now, and I can BARELY see it at all in your pic. From my driving position (quite low), I can't see it. But from a higher position when the screen becomes brighter, I can see the effect. But it's not purple like on my old monitor, but grey, instead.

When looking at my own screenshots of the Marussia, the effects on the tires is not as visible as with my old monitor, BUT I can still see them. This is very much a rF2 problem and NOT a monitor problem. With my new monitor, the effect is more grey than purple/'oil' coloured, and when looking at it from my lower driving position, the whole tire becomes too dark so these effects is not visible.

You guys that don't see it must either have a lower brightness/darker screen or some 'better' gamma/contrast settings. I can't see it neither, but when looking at the monitor from another view (higher), it's visible because the screen becomes brighter.

It's not monitor related. In that case, I would see the same effects every time that specific colour showed up on my screen, like when playing other games and watching movies/videos, but that's not the case. It's only happening with rF2.

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I really get astonished of people caring about something that can be barely seen and they do bot complain of such a dark cockpit and the eye hurting red tones that hdr provokes. Amazing!!!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

13. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Yes the neon red needs to change

14. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Huh? 'can be barely seen' on my new monitor, yes, but with my old monitor it was VERY noticeable. With brighter screen and lower resolution on triple monitors it was awful.

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

When making the picture brighter everyone should be able to see the strange effects that appears in shadows on the bottom of the car (?). Well, I can decrease brightness and pretend that the effect is not there, but I think it's a problem.

Original
    [​IMG]

Gamma 1.40
    [​IMG]

Brightness increased
    [​IMG]

16. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

17. Some1

Some1 Registered

Btw, that same effect is also visible at night near the edges of the headlight beams on the road...

18. speed1

speed1 Banned

I have seen this effect on the front tires off an open wheeler but there is another effect with some purple tone in dark areas of hills and higher Gamma values solve that. I was playing around with the Viewer and Hdr as i realise that the dark areas of some hills are more purple than black or grey. Im not shure if it is the same with tires but as said the purple shining areas could be solved with increasing the gamma value from 1.8 up to 2.35 in the Hdr profile.

19. g7usl

g7usl Registered

Since the update, my RF2 doesn't work at all now :(

Advise please?

20. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Try searching g7 :rolleyes: