rFactor2 Build 228 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Seems like its the camera angle to the car which determines weather the reflection is cast. Still needs quite a bit of work i think as they are hit and miss now.
    [​IMG]

As you said T when the car has stopped theres also no reflection like in this shot, i paused the game to take the shot and the reflection vanished.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
  2. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Today I installed 228 (fresh install, was still on 198 so auto-update wouldn't work :p ). And when you make a fresh install, it also means going through the PLR again, and I noticed something I hadn't seen before.

Under 'Race Conditions' I found the following:
    GPRIX Num Race Sessions="1" // range: 1-4
    MULTI Num Race Sessions="1"

So off course I had to try it, changed it to 2, and indeed there where 2 races in the weekend :) (with the starting order of race 2 being the results of race 1).

I don't know if it was there before, but as I said, it is the first time I've seen it :) Now we only have to wait until you can change settings for those races (reversed grid for X-number of cars, feature race/sprint race (one being longer then the other). But the beginning is there :D

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah that's been there for ages, played around with that and the extra qualifying some builds ago but cant remember exactly what happened, think qually got split in two sessions for different cars. Did'nt work great.

4. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I have seen qually before, but I too remember it not working to great. But apperently, I haven't checked it enough lately to notice that races were included as well :p

5. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Guys a long time ago i was joined a server where you drove from the pit and lined up on the grid to start the race. Dose any one now how to do this for a server or single player?

6. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

in the PLR file it is called 'recon' or 'reconasance' (but then with better spelling :p ). Just below that option you can also set how long the pit is opened, and then after that how long untill the start (or formation lap) will start

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

That's very cool! I always wondered about this.

On another topic, I am seeing reflections at Poznan but rendering is slow so not sure if this is what earlier poster was saying regarding reflections of trees being distracting but they are definitely right with regarding to the late popping up of the trees. Way too distracting and I will have to turn off if that is the way it is supposed to be.

8. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

HOWEVER, while it does "work" for single player, the AI always remains still in the pits, and then when the time runs out they are 'teleported' to the grid. So for single player it doens't 'really' work as you'ld like. (*unless that has recently changed, haven't tested it in a while)

9. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thank you Nimugp, you the man. goin to give it a go. :D

10. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Auto-update worked properly, no more than 5 minutes from download to installation end. :)
    Maybe off topic but I can't find any information about new FISI F1 2012, F2 and Skippy updated content to V141...
    Does anybody know something about these cars.
    Thank you.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yes, they're not updated yet ;)

12. Hocician

Hocician Registered

I updated my rFactor2 to the newest build via install of the lite version on the existing.

no problems...

But i cant see the opponents now... cant see them, cant here them.. but they are their cause they set Laptimes and you can see this litle circles on the line on the bottom of the screen (do you understand?) Also you can see the drying line from their driving...

Can someone help please and tell why i cant see them anymore? Whats wrong?

Greetings Steve

13. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Private Practice is most likely enabled :) .

14. Hocician

Hocician Registered

ok - i will check this ... hopefully youre right! :)

15. Radar

Radar Registered

That would be an awesome addition in multiplayer to be able to reverse grid / edit before the 2nd,3rd, 4th race.

16. Hocician

Hocician Registered

haha... THX Luc Van Camp ... private practice was the reason... thank you... did not notice this checkbox before... :)

17. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

Online Racing Australasia ran a fun night on Tuesday with the latest 228 build, using Clios at Aintree with changing weather.

First thing I noticed was the much improved rain and spray graphics, I had no jittering when driving next to an overseas driver's car, a steady 60+ FPS with my little dual core CPU, the changed FFB feeling in the pits and when off-track.. feels like no FFB until you get back on the blaktop.

During our racing, the weather squalled across the track so that at some places it was bucketing down, light rain in other places and none at one or two spots on the circuit.. simply brilliant too waiting for the brake markers to appear out of the rain haze.

Well done ISI on another excellent update. If the others aren't starting to get worried by now, they should be.

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

19. RodBarker

RodBarker Registered

Haven played for a while now , update went without a problem , set my race settings to Overcast and Rain to take a look at wet weather effects , its raining at the starting line and stops when the race starts , no more rain and no spray effects , is there other settings I must have in place to make this work ?

20. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thanks a lot !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.