rFactor2 Build 228 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christian Rosén

Christian Rosén Registered

Tryed this latest build and im sorry to say its still not drivable in CrossfireX :-(

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Christian

Try turning one of your gpu's off,

I've had a few multi gpu setups in the past, never will again, I use to find even when the fps was higher sometimes the overall performance was down ( the 2nd gpu was just multiplying frames )

I've recently gone to one more powerful card ( Titan ) will never consider another multi gpu setup again

3. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Same here Adrian. Had a 4780x2 and that was already hugely annoying to work with. I figured, maybe a true crossfire set is better so tried a 2 6970's in crossfire. What a waste of time and money.
    75% of the games require tweaking, a certain crossfire profile, a certain crossfire method, ... And even then it's hit and miss which games actually give you a gain. Most of the time the only thing you got out of it was higher FPS and a ton of microstutters, weirdly enough, the later was especially in driving games (apart from the CM games like Dirt & F1, they work brilliant in crossfire)
    Then there's the added heat, the added noise, power consumption, ...

Single 7970 now and I'm sticking to it :D

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Timepie

Multi gpu seems more trouble than their worth for software developers, nvidia/amd continue to promote them so they sell 1 , 2 or even 3 cards to the same person, when I had multi gpu's I ended up running in single mode pretty much.

A good selection of very powerful single gpu cards out there ( + only have to buy 1 waterblock! ) now so no looking back for me

5. Christian Rosén

Christian Rosén Registered

FYI my 3x6950 works fine in everything else. Ultra smooth with all settings on high/ultra in BF3, Crysis3, Skyrim, Arma 3 alpha, Metro Last Light etc. iRacing didnt use all three though, only two gpu´s but it was smooth too.

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Cool. Still... turn off all your GPU cars apart from 1. Use just 1 and then see how it works in rf2.

7. Banger

Banger Registered

some races are not able to run, click race and Rfactor2 crashes to desktop. found out I cannot run Croft v1.0.i can load the track, but has soon has I enter garage settings, or click race , it crashes.this has happen on to occasions so far. both times different tracks.

croft v1.0 & kyalami75
    Verify in modmanger, it say everything is ok in the install.

8. crz

crz Registered

I had this issue too some builds ago when I installed just everything I could get. Some content messed up my rf2 install which made it crash after loading the track. I recommend doing a fresh installation and then just install the content you really want to drive.

9. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Liking the new, visible pit icon (the spanner is now orange rather than black, if you haven't seen this yet).

10. elbo

elbo Registered

Auto update worked great. Unfortunately the game play is a huge stuttering step backwards on my system...

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

12. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

13. tjc

tjc Registered

14. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

What happened to the Lotus livery, looks like some teams got removed in the latest update...

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

problem with new build

Dear ISI,

We have just suspended our F1 race tonight. The problem occurs when one driver exits the server. An incredible lag has started after that. We have restarted the race and after some normal laps when anopther driver has exitted the server the same problem.
    What kind of betatesting are you doing before realeasing a build? Offline racing? It is evident that you do not really care about important things for online racing. Going back to build 218 right away.

16. jazzmega

jazzmega Registered

I totally agree with Mr. Spaskis, I'm sorry for the phrase but you are ruining our communities and our patience is getting over and you also are going to start counting the payed year...

We will put a video showing that problem, maybe, it helps you, but don't you think that you have to test that things before?

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/12783-Lag-in-race?p=178703#post178703

18. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

I can hardly be so lucky... but my 690 runs great... I have no issues in any game whatsoever...
    I have rf2 on Max... And I mean max and i get about 60 on the start grid with all cars rendered and about 140-180 while the race is on in cockpit view...
    I turned down aa in rf2 to aax4 and I saw over 312fps in one scene... Anyone else running a 690 with problems?
    What kind of fps are you getting with that sweet titan?

Seems odd that there are so many issues and I havent seen one... knock on wood...
    I also havent noticed any input lag, which is not to say it isnt there but I havent noticed it...

19. Banger

Banger Registered

I think I sorted it, out A MOD called CMP.070 was the culprit?>anybody know what it supposed to do. clicked on it and get this message : invalid parameters . but it still lets you installed it , after ??

20. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

I finally gave this release a good test. It's pretty damn good. There's still a few graphical glitches but nothing major.

The only thing making me a sad panda is that with 2 x GTX 670 SC 4GB in SLI that I have to choose between HDR and MultiView for good framerates. If I enable both then my framerate is painfully slow with other cars around me (35 fps with 10 Meganes). :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.