rfactor for ps3?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DirtMod14T, Jul 4, 2011.

1. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

i just saw a forum that had almost 26,000 views, if there are that many people playing rfactor or at least interested in it, y dont yall make rfactor for PS3/xbox360? it would have much better graphics and so many more people would buy the game, or just make an oval dirt track racing game at the least!! ive talked to sooo many people that play dirt2 nascar..etc. and they say they would LOVE to have a dirt oval racing game for PS3.. just wondering y there arent ANY dirt oval games for PS3?

2. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

They would all moan they couldnt drive the cars with joypads !!

3. kidrocket

kidrocket Registered

Very very wrong, xbox and ps3 are limited to what hardware they have whereas someone who has a good gaming computer would be able to run the game on a much higher detail. Call of duty, dirt 2, etc are all so much better graphics wise on my computer compared to 360. I do agree somewhat when you said more people will buy it but to me it would kill its reputation as being a racing simulator and just be another racing game.

4. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Simulators are not designed for videogames. Period.

I like PS3 and Xbox (have both) but they're are away of simulator's purposes.

5. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

i dont see why it would matter if it kills any reputation lol, if i was the creator of rfactor or whatever i'd do whatever it took to make the players happy, and to make more money especially. and ok graphics dont have to be better, theyre pretty good already, and it wouldnt "be just another racing game" cuz there is NO dirt oval racing games out for PS3/xbox360

6. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Considering WE are the players and nobody with a console has a clue what "rFactor" is, I'd say making US happy is as simple as keeping the superb system of a pure-base-sim that runs on the absolute requirement to append gigs and gigs and gigs of additional content created and distributed for free on a platform that can easily allow it.

7. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Why?

A simulator is a Software + some dedicated HW like cockpit, Wheels, pedals and so on.

I think PS3 and XBox360 are able to run games like rFactor, GTL, GTR2 and maybe fFactor2. I don't see why you affirm they cannot simulate race.

Xbox360 is a Custom PC and Tools for SW development are similar to PC.

A Real simulator is related to math and physic models that are coded in SW so I don't understand why PS3 and XBox cannot.

It true that much more simulator is near to real life, much more models are complex and you need powerfull Calculators and this is a compromise between models and power.
    There is always a problem that a PC cannot resolve in resonable time.

Regards,
    Max.

8. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I might be a total idiot, but as far as I know there has not been a single comment about RF2 containing "dirt oval racing", so if RF2 would be released on PS3/Xbox it would still be "just another racing game" as you too are suggesting, because it won't have "dirt oval racing" (as far as I know)

9. michael1

michael1 Banned

no please dont we have GT5 on ps3 and in many ways its the same

10. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

@ nimugp-
    when did i say anything about rfactor2?? my topic says "rfactor for PS3" i just want a dirt racing game for PS3

11. michael1

michael1 Banned

is because you posted in the rfactor2 part of this site

12. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

You say: 'it' (rFactor2)wouldnt "be just another racing game" cuz there is NO dirt oval racing games out for PS3/xbox360
    In other words, if rF2 wouldn't contain oval dirt racing, it still wouldn't be "just another racing game" because no other game contains oval dirt racing yet??? Sorry, but now I'm getting REAAAAAAALLLYYY confused.....

And like michael1 said, you posted it in the rF2 part of this site, what other game do you think people would assume if you don't mention any other name??? You leave us little choice but to think that you are talking about rF2.....

PS: I'm not suggesting that I agree with the statement that it would be just another racing game, but since that was mentioned I quoted it ;)

13. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

ok well it dont matter im just saying they should make rfactor1 or 2 for ps3, what im trying to get at is that ps3 doesnt have any dirt oval racing games and its the best kind of racing out there. im not trying to argue with you guys lol

14. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

I think we all know dirt and a PS3 do not mix ;). rFactor on the PS3/XBOX, nice idea, wish it is was so simple.

15. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

yea, hopefully someone eventually does it, and dirt2 for ps3 was really good, cant be too hard lol they made dirt oval racing games for PS2 and can we request tracks on these forums or where??

16. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

well nevermind forgot dirt oval isnt on rfactor2... lol

17. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I would absolutely love to have rFactor on the PS3 and I would gladly pay $60 for it.

18. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Well, the problem is not technical, theoretically it would be no problem to run a good simulator in a console as PS3 or Xbox.

Videogames are most for ready-to-play customers which take the midia out of the box and play casually. And a software for a videogame console must be delivery closed, ended and polished for this sort of public. Surely who buys a console is not interested to spend 3/4 of their time on the modding, adjusting and playing around controls, visual aspects, opponent and track variables in contrast to 1/4 of time running on the track.

Who is interested in simulators go directly to computers owing the hugely easier interface to manage the software's assets. Can you imagine rF1 "as is" being played by Codemaster fanatics on their consoles? The sales would be few and the owners would quit after trying manage the force feedback.

19. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

so just make an update everytime a new track/update comes out. they do that for every other game on PS3 and i gaurantee u if someone came out with a dirt oval racing game for PS3 they would get a bunch of sales! i would think more than dirt2/dirt3, i think dirt oval racing is bigger than people think, and most people like it better than nascar.

20. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

and all my friends say "its a PC game there is no way it can be good", and i bet that is what alot others think. that and they think all of the downloads will crash their computers, which it could mess up ur computer if u dont know what youre doing.