rfactor for ps3?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DirtMod14T, Jul 4, 2011.

1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

and at the same time all your friends probably like dirt ovals... what an odd coincidence.

2. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

Please do not say rFactor and PS3 or Xbox in tha same sentence,it'll hurt my stomach....
    Consoles are good for serious FIFA and tekken games,but leave rF2 to us pleaseeeee

3. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

@ zeos- no not all my friends like dirt ovals, and wat type of racing is fnner than dirt oval??
    @ cris- way more people would buy rfactor if it was on ps3/xbox and its stupid not to make rfactor for ps3, it would have 3 times the number of sales AT LEAST

4. zild1221

zild1221 Registered

Oh how I pray! [​IMG]

5. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

ISI have 15 years in experience about coding games and of course they've cooperated in some console games I think,but there are some limitation on every console;
    why do you think that the Red bull f1 team plays rFactor Pro on dedicated servers instead of some 36 fps locked's PS3 machines?
    PC's are expandable and you'll never have some good simulation on consoles;
    did you never take a good look at some .PLR files on rf1?how do you think to make such settings on a console?what about plugins?And of course the online code....8 players onlne?no thanks.
    so forget Xplane,Flight Simulation,Iracing and of course rFactor 2 on a console;
    why don't you like GT5? Of course is the full potential you'll see on a ps3 and the market is full of GAMES;
    here we're talking about simulation;
    I'll respect your opinion but here there are people that have something like that at home...http://www.simleague.net/forum/show...sPWjU0Gqp9AU-AHv0KZj-U8aa7GBnfGWRoUmGa9eu1EwA do you think that they'll be satisfied to use their 2.500 € to play on a single screen whit the pad?
    And please don't bother with ps3 hardware!!!the stupid console doesn't support multiple joystick so for someone would be impossible to set up their FREX and other cool stuff as a separate pedal set or so...

EDIT:just 2 questions: did you and your friends HAVE your full copy of rF1 or did you hear of it after downloading some torrents?And did you take your time seriously in playing some mods or youl'll be installing on it everything you see just to see whitch car is faster?
    Just asking uh,no offense,but you seem new to this simulator....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2011
  6. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

HistorX on the Targa Florio maybe kinda definitely yeah?

7. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Its a well know fact consoles are for kids, proven with the mentality of the previous posts....

8. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

cris yes, me and my friends have the full copy but we just race the dirt late models which i think are awesome and the modifieds which needs alot of improvement and ive been playing rfactor for like 2 or 3 months.
    and wtf is historX??
    and i know a bunch of adults that play consoles lol
    im not saying that i want rfactor on PS3 i just want something similar to rfactors dirt oval late models to be on PS3 its not impossible, dirt 2 is awesome on PS3 all they gotta do is make it just like dirt 2 with latemodels and oval tracks and a little better track/dirt detail

9. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

yes I also play consoles,but with different games,FIFA,need for speed shift,burnout paradise etc... but these games have nothing in common with rF and/or simulations
    Dirt2,3,4,5, is a game not a simulation...Please don't be confused;
    If you know something of veichle phisics you'll be able tu understand that the driving model in dirt game and similar is a WAAAAAY simplified compared also to rFactor1;
    if i find again a driving model comparison for the simulators on the market I'll post to you as you'll see how many differences there are from rF1 to Dirt series.....
    By the way,if you're new to rFactor,take you time in learning the simulator and test it with a wheel and maybe with all driving aids off and you'll find that it's more difficult to drive than any other console game you've played;
    there are also other good simulation as Kart racing pro,netKar pro, Race On (with is baesd on rFactor engine),Iracing, Live for Speed (not need for speed) etc....
    well,what other to add?welcome to the simulation world!!!

10. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

well im sure theyll eventually be able to make it for ps3 and i race on rfactor with my ps3 controller

11. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

So you have never sim raced then?

12. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

wat u mean?

13. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Using a gamepad means your racing a game regardless of the software used. No actual "simulation" is taking place. A simulation has 90% to do with the input devices used. The very definition of Simulation means an attempt to recreate as close as possible the environment where XXX happens.

Having a cockpit like this...
    [​IMG]
    and using Sega's Outrun for the master system from 1988 still makes that more of a simulation scenario then rFactor on a gamepad.

To accomplish any simulation our five senses need to be adressed. Smell and taste don't get used because of lack of technology but for SIGHT we look at our screens into that sim world (hopefully in proper fov see sig) SOUND is accomplished with good headphones or a decent surround sound and TOUCH is the one that requires a wheel, Force Feedback, pedals, seat, motion, wind, vibration etc etc.

Without touch there is no simulation occurring.

14. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

ok ya but how much did all that cost? i already race dirt in real life, i dont want to spend another $1000 on a video game lol i like the PS3 controller on rfactor, dont get me wrong id love to have that setup with the wheel and pedals but too much $$

15. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

That isn't my setup but I can estimate. G27 retail is 300 but most were had for 200.. I got mine new on ebay for $150. Those three screens probably 27" so around $270 each for the cheapest. Then the video card to support all those probably runs in the $400 range.

You don't need to spend $1000. You need to spend $87 on a cheap, used wheel and pedals. http://cgi.ebay.com/Logitech-Drivin...oysticks_Game_Controllers&hash=item45faee509a

The rest of the cockpit can be as cheap as your heart desires.

[​IMG]

I have a collection of saved cockpits to use as reference. http://s1003.photobucket.com/albums/af151/ViolatorGaming/Sim Cockpits/?start=all

16. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Gamepads on a sim, thats what your up against lol

17. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

thats' the point!!!rFactor is NOT a videogame;an evolved version of rFactor (named PRO and it cost about 70.000 $) is used by the Red Bull f1 team for testing...Do you think that they'll use a simple video game for winning the f1 world championship?
    If you play with a PAD and all driving AIDS on it's not too far from an arcade game,but with a base equipment and some precise settings inside the simulator (autolift=0,Autoblip=0,real feel plugin settings etc...)your driving experience will transform into a full simulation and I'll assure that it's fantastic;
    here is the matter:
    due to particular settings and by the harware required (maybe also track-ir is welcomed) this simulator is unable to play in these conditions on a console,you understand now?
    If you need suggestions on how to improve your rF simulation you'll find surely some people that will help,but please stop asking of rF2 on ps3,there are too many differences for the purpose of them.

Edit:for a full rFactor experience if you have already the software you'll have to put only 150$ on a decent wheel (logitech g25??)

18. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Just to play Devil's Advocate, you can still use a G25, G27, DFPro (or whatever was in that pic) on a PS3... ;)

Regardless of the experience of playing rF on a console (which is all that has been discussed so far), I doubt you'd see rF on a PS3 because the other 'extenuating circumstances'. For example, there's the initial cost of purchasing the devkits, which, I believe are tens of thousands of dollars each(?). Plus, if they release for PS3, they'd most likely have to go through a publisher, which, I believe I heard that they're avoiding for rF2. Most importantly, though, in case you haven't figured out by now, a big part of rFactor and rFactor2 is its 'mod-ability'. It is another HUGE expense to develop the tools and such to release a mod for the PS3. The simracing community is small enough, the simracing modding community is yet a further subset of that, a modding community creating mods for PS3 would be an even further subset. It's no where near the size of the modding community of something like Unreal or Crysis, so making those tools would only serve an extremely limited number of people. Plus, from the little bit I've looked into modding for PS3 for either of those games, it sounds like you still need a PC version of the game (not to mention that all the content creation is done on PC, anyway).

So, basically, what it comes down to is ROI. After all the costs are considered, they probably wouldn't make enough money to justify it.

19. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

thats still too much money lol im happy with playing free with a ps3 controller and rfactor IS a video game lol and its not just about rfactor, i just want a dirt oval racing game in general. and F1 isnt dirt racing lol

20. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Wow.. Troll face.