rFactor 2's Force Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by richiespeed13, Nov 9, 2012.

1. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Hi all,

Just wanted to say, I never actually realized how good the ffb of this sim was. I mean, I knew it was great, but I didn't realize how great.

I used to race iRacing a lot, and I used to really enjoy it. I am not a fanboy of any sim, so I decided to buy iRacing again today, after a year away from it.

Now let me just say, I have nothing against iRacing, and would really like to play it along side rFactor 2, and whatever else comes out. But oh my...

The ffb has rendered the game almost unplayable to me. I mean, I just don't get it. It's like, there is no ffb at all in iRl, just a centering spring. I simply can't drive the sim now. And it's funny because I never felt this way before. So I am going to take a guess, and assume that since I have started playing rFactor 2, I have got used to the very lively ffb, and now I have noticed how dead iRacing feels.

Which sucks, because I was hoping to have some fun lapping in iRacing tonight. But I guess I'll play some rF2 instead!

Anyway, kudos ISI, the ffb in rF2 is immense!

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I bought iRacing because I heard it was one of the best and most realistic simulators. But it didn't enjoy it AT ALL. Only car worth it was the lotus 79 but I can't say it was that fun to drive anyway... This was after I already bought rFactor2 beta of course ;) The FFB is great, indeed.

3. Cigol

Cigol Registered

I think they may have changed the force feedback in one of the recent builds of iRacing, either that or my replacement G27 doesn't feel as good as my old G25 - because I thought the same going back recently. But I don't get much love with the FFB in rFactor 2 either so I just learn to live with it.

Whatever you might think of iRacing (good or bad) it's still the best place to go for public wheel to wheel racing. It's not the only place, but I think it's the best. The graphics are pretty amazing as well, not as flashy or modern as some, but there's an understated consistent high quality to it all. The Daytona Prototype at night is pretty cool.

4. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

iRacing has adjusted their FFB in the latest build. I need to almost double the forces I used before, but then it is sublime. But so is RF2..I think it's awsome that I have more than one superb racing sim.

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

+1

FFB here is excellent.

6. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Im gonna say i feel the opposite. More than likely i just dont have it configured right (G27)

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Another +1 for awesome ffb here too. :)

8. 3lfk1ng

3lfk1ng Registered

Another +1 from me.

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have said it and I repeat it,iR is the most overrated " cars simulatore" ever but it's the best multiplayer racing simulator though!

10. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

I completely agree with this statement. The online in iRacing is fantastic in my opinion, but the actual physics leave a lot to be desired. I was shocked by how little movement there is in the car when driving, it feels so, old school, or something. You drive, brake, and turn. And if you want to go fast, you drift, lol.

Oh well, maybe one day they'll fix it up.

11. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

Another +1 from me

rF2 FFB is a dream, and not to forget, it's caused by a fantastic physics engine :)

12. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

rFactor2's FFB just ruined the other sims for me! Seriously! As great as they might be, I just doesn't feel the same as driving a car in rF2! :D

13. Jos

Jos Registered

Yep, now if only rfactor's mp wasnt as dead as iracings ffb.

14. jomardi

jomardi Registered

good post, I agree wit you! FFB in iRacing is not best side, of this man can Think that iR has bad physic :| good FFB in iR has feeling for me; C6R, lotus 79, Falcon V8. from this tree cars, playable was only corvette. I should say, that I do not see iR as SIMULATOR, it is for me as MMO :| in iR I like only Track quality! looks very really. I hate system... everything making as DRUG for Sim-Racers, I was one of them :| after 6 month and all content payment, I leaving and never will be back there! You can count me, iR-hater :| iR is for guys, who plays for 10.000$ PRO division :D nothing there enjoying, Only nerves spoil, with stupid, not natural rules.

15. perplex

perplex Registered

ok now i understand why greger huttu was flashed by the real car experience ...if IR has no FFB and bad physics its more steps behind then i had thought.. "the best simracer of the world" rofl . i guess if a rf2 alien made it to reality, he wouldnt have had much problems at all compared to the guys with former IR experience.

i remember how fast he gets blisters, like after 2 rounds or something ..

16. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Huttu had problems with the heat where he was driving the real cars. Quite a bit hotter there than what he was used to feeling.

17. osella

osella Registered

No, the accuracy has nothing to do with it at all. No sim in the world can or will ever be able to prepare you for the stress of real racing, which is about the heat/cold inside the car, nausea, g-forces and fear of injury/death and whatever I cant even think of now.

18. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I think people underestimate the fear factor in a real car. Greger was most likely crapping himself going in to most of the corners. Sims don't hurt when you crash.

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Huttu has no interest in becoming a real race car driver. If he wanted to become a race car driver I'm sure he could make it to the GT Academy. Who knows how he would do in the finals but he would foresure make it there.

20. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Nothing to do with the level of physical fitness needed to drive a fast open wheeler around a track at pace then.